SALE - Up to 70% Off - Shop Now
August 16, 2011 @ 12:56 AM
infiniteme

So two of my Sams were accidentally dryer-washed on maximum settings, resulting in the white stripe down the pants leg where they folded. I know the white stripe is pretty permanent sadly, but is there any way to get rid of the crease? Logically I'd iron it for any fabric other than denim, but something tells me that ironing would make it worse. Thanks.

Ironing shouldn't harm the denim at all, that's what I would do in your situation.
August 16, 2011 @ 03:44 AM
butters

Having denim soften up as it wears is normal. If you want them to be stiff again, you'll probably have to starch them.

That's right. As you wear them, starch is lost which contributes to loss of rigidity. If you're going to starch them, be careful too! Starch can attract bacteria so your jeans may smell and the bacteria can wear out the denim faster.

With summer my denim smells like ass so i ziploc'd it and now its in my fridge. The thing is that i dont thimknits completely air tight i only habe ome that barely fits my denim and i tried to tape holes. Theres like one or two minor holes. Is this a problem? Leaving them overnight

It should not be a problem! In addition to Technique's comment, regularly airing them out can definitely help to control the smell. You can even stuff febreeze in the pockets and give it a good spray. I've commented about this product before but I have yet to try it; Pure Ayre. Apparently it's an all-natural odour removal spray. The guy who made it even sprayed it in his mouth to show how safe it was...

So two of my Sams were accidentally dryer-washed on maximum settings, resulting in the white stripe down the pants leg where they folded. I know the white stripe is pretty permanent sadly, but is there any way to get rid of the crease? Logically I'd iron it for any fabric other than denim, but something tells me that ironing would make it worse. Thanks.

Ironing out the crease shouldn't pose any problems! If you're still unsure, maybe hanging them up while taking a hot shower with the fans off can steam out the crease if it isn't too defined.
September 16, 2011 @ 03:08 PM
GENERAL DISARRAY

I got my first pair of raws and while the waist fits perfectly the legs are a little loose (they're supposed to be skinny) sad
I've read I'm supposed to soak them inside out in hot water and leave the waist exposed but could someone give me more detail? They were pretty expensive and I dont wanna mess it up!

btw they are Nudie High Kai Rinsed and besides from trying them on I have't worn them out yet.
September 16, 2011 @ 09:03 PM
butters

I got my first pair of raws and while the waist fits perfectly the legs are a little loose (they're supposed to be skinny) sad
I've read I'm supposed to soak them inside out in hot water and leave the waist exposed but could someone give me more detail? They were pretty expensive and I dont wanna mess it up!

btw they are Nudie High Kai Rinsed and besides from trying them on I have't worn them out yet.

You pretty much got the idea! All you want to do is shrink the leg part a little bit, so fill up a tub or a bucket with very hot water, and drape the waist band over the edge so its still exposed and not submerged. Soak them in there for at least an hour, and then hang dry afterwards. This will help with a little bit of shrinking in the length and a little bit in the width. But also know that this will help for the initial wear, and maybe a few times after that, but once you start breaking them in and start putting a lot of wear into these, they'll stretch back out to something like they are now, so definitely make sure you want to keep these jeans before you do the soak. Hope that helps!
September 18, 2011 @ 09:15 PM
fatbro

anyone know a good tailor in the Sacramento area who can taper a pair of APC New Standards?
September 22, 2011 @ 12:58 PM
susi

fatbro......I know you and you are a good thief please don
October 24, 2011 @ 05:04 AM
BiterKids

Thinking of altering my pair of Imperial dukes which have a month of wear with some fading.. If i altered my pair from 31 measurements to 29 measurements, would the combs and whiskers look weird in the end?
October 28, 2011 @ 10:00 AM
infiniteme

<p>Thinking of altering my pair of Imperial dukes which have a month of wear with some fading.. If i altered my pair from 31 measurements to 29 measurements, would the combs and whiskers look weird in the end?</p>

Are you hemming 2" off of the inseam? Or are you altering everything on the jeans?
November 3, 2011 @ 07:48 PM
BiterKids

Altering everything... I can probably fit a 30 now (used to be a 32)
November 7, 2011 @ 07:15 AM
infiniteme

Altering everything... I can probably fit a 30 now (used to be a 32)

Depending on how much they have faded already, it might not be an issue. If they have faded a lot already, the fades might look out of place after the alterations.
November 24, 2011 @ 03:06 AM
echyban

i have a pair of 32x30 501xx stf and right now the length is fine. i'm around 5'7 and i haven't shrunk it yet.. when i soak them do you guys think it'll get too short? my first pair of denim btw.
November 24, 2011 @ 06:24 AM
LckyChrmsBboy

yea they will probably be too short. I normally wear 30 length and in my STF's I bought a 32 and they shrunk about 2 inches. They're still fine where they stack a tad bit.

I heard if you hang dry them upside down it will help keep the length..not too sure if that's true or not. STF's are cheap pants so just soak em in COLD water to keep the shrinking to a min. If they shrink too much just buy another pair
November 24, 2011 @ 08:20 AM
echyban

yea they will probably be too short. I normally wear 30 length and in my STF's I bought a 32 and they shrunk about 2 inches. They're still fine where they stack a tad bit.

I heard if you hang dry them upside down it will help keep the length..not too sure if that's true or not. STF's are cheap pants so just soak em in COLD water to keep the shrinking to a min. If they shrink too much just buy another pair

alright thanks! i'll give em a try.
January 15, 2012 @ 09:44 AM
blackcyclops

I got a pair of NS and I'm trying to stretch them out alil before I wear'em. They are alil tight in the front rise area and waist. Everything else (length, leg opening, inseam) is great tho so I don't want to size up. So any suggestions?
January 18, 2012 @ 10:37 PM
infiniteme

I got a pair of NS and I'm trying to stretch them out alil before I wear'em. They are alil tight in the front rise area and waist. Everything else (length, leg opening, inseam) is great tho so I don't want to size up. So any suggestions?

I would just start wearing them, they'll stretch out with wear.
January 24, 2012 @ 03:10 AM
thoroprod

a little help here..

i washed my APC Rescues twice so far and they haven't shrunk!? wtf??

http://thoroprod.org

January 24, 2012 @ 03:31 AM
tehcake

a little help here..

Sanforized denim, they're not supposed to shrink and if they do, very minimal shrinking.

nyannyanpartycat.tumblr.com/

January 24, 2012 @ 03:56 AM
rey

i'm not sure if this was already asked, and i know it's a rookie question
but what's the difference between hot and cold soaking raw denim?
January 24, 2012 @ 04:13 AM
Midnite

Cold soaking results in minimal shrinking, hot soaking results in more/maximum soaking depending how long you soak them for.
January 24, 2012 @ 04:14 AM
rey

Cold soaking results in minimal shrinking, hot soaking results in more/maximum soaking depending how long you soak them for.

does the temperature affect the color and fading at all?
January 24, 2012 @ 05:09 AM
Midnite

Temperature affects the amount of shrinkage and generally not so much on color/fading. Only scrubbing your jeans with soap or putting it in your washer will cause agitation, affecting the color and indigo loss.
January 24, 2012 @ 05:22 PM
rey

alright thanks a lot!
January 24, 2012 @ 08:03 PM
流行のダチ

suspended

I want to get rid of my knee bugles, any tips?
January 25, 2012 @ 12:26 AM
ShoutOutLoud

Can't get rid of them.
January 25, 2012 @ 02:40 AM
thoroprod

a little help here..

Sanforized denim, they're not supposed to shrink and if they do, very minimal shrinking.

true. but even sanforized denim shrink at least a little bit. oh well, thanks

http://thoroprod.org

January 25, 2012 @ 06:03 AM
K-KICK

Has anyone cleaned there denim with Laundress denim wash ? Curious if i should spend the 19.00 for 3 oz , or just stick to woolite
January 25, 2012 @ 06:16 AM
Midnite

Nope... I don't even put woolite. Just straight laundry detergent. I mean why would you want to put woolite in the first place though.. the whole point in washing is to not retain the indigo, it is to agitate the denim so you can develop some fades.
January 26, 2012 @ 01:17 AM
D. Rose

I want to get rid of my knee bugles, any tips?

Wash to make denim softer, softer denim = less bulge

LOWBALL PARADISE: http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/159669

January 26, 2012 @ 07:31 AM
K-KICK

Nope... I don't even put woolite. Just straight laundry detergent. I mean why would you want to put woolite in the first place though.. the whole point in washing is to not retain the indigo, it is to agitate the denim so you can develop some fades.

Woolite dark is laundry detergent !

Thanks for the info anyway .
January 26, 2012 @ 07:43 AM
Midnite

No I meant something like woolite dark.

Please login first to reply.