Halloween Sale - Up to 25% Off Your Entire Order - Use Code: NOTRICKS14
March 24, 2011 @ 09:08 PM
offdee

Thanks again. If I cold soak, not sure if I wanna be sitting in a tub in cold water for 30 minutes lol. We'll see what happens I guess.

Wat!? You dont soak wearing them....you fill the tub with water at desired temp, throw some Woolite Dark in, put the jeans in and weigh them down with some hand weights or detegent bottle or something so they stay under water.

Check youtube for some videos on how to do it (soaking raw denim)
March 25, 2011 @ 02:25 PM
frrple

Wat!? You dont soak wearing them....you fill the tub with water at desired temp, throw some Woolite Dark in, put the jeans in and weigh them down with some hand weights or detegent bottle or something so they stay under water.

Check youtube for some videos on how to do it (soaking raw denim)

Seems like I don't know too much about the soaking/washing process lol. After all, this was my first pair of raws. I'll be sure to look up those vids thanks again.

You the mannn
April 4, 2011 @ 11:51 PM
slap

My UO selvedge is close to 5 months, and it seems to be tear at the crotch. Should I take it to a tailor to be reinforced now? Or wait till it blows and then fix it?

Can any tailor who has experience fix it? Or does it have to be a "selvedge savvy" tailor?

$81 selvedge denim: https://www.weargustin.com/invite_from/4200 Karmaloop/Plndr Rep: SLAP20.

April 6, 2011 @ 10:45 AM
infiniteme

My UO selvedge is close to 5 months, and it seems to be tear at the crotch. Should I take it to a tailor to be reinforced now? Or wait till it blows and then fix it?

Can any tailor who has experience fix it? Or does it have to be a "selvedge savvy" tailor?

Do it now. The longer you wait, the more obvious the repair work will be. Any tailor who works with denim should be fine, it doesn't have to be a selvage guy.
April 14, 2011 @ 06:06 PM
iPhamous

Does selvedge bleed, and what could I do to it whenever it starts to smell?
April 14, 2011 @ 06:52 PM
ryun

i dont think the selvedge bleed, and as for the smell you can either febreeze that or just put it in a zip loc bag for about a day in your freezer make sure no ice or form of liquid gets in. (get the air tight ones and fold).

As for my question.. can someone drop me some knowledge about starch? applying starch and its effects/ where to acquire bottles? |0

edit: is it actually "cheating" if you apply starch to your denim?
April 14, 2011 @ 08:28 PM
jozsef_csanyi

If you're talking about raw denim some of them tend to bleed the excess dye out so you'd have to soak&rub to rid that.
Also to really clean the smell you have to wash them. Not necessarily a machine wash a quick soak would work too. No getting around it.

As for my question.. can someone drop me some knowledge about starch? applying starch and its effects/ where to acquire bottles? |0

edit: is it actually "cheating" if you apply starch to your denim?

I can answer specifics if you want. When applying aerosols like Faultless and the stuff from retail spots you can usually get away with a lighter application compared with the boxed powders like ARGO, unless you know how to play with the mixture proportions.

With the sprays you typically hold the can 6 inches away and spray areas you want, then iron it out to activate the chemical. With the powders you mix it with liquids and put it in a spray bottle for the same application as cans. Another method some denimheads use is to just fill half a tub with powder and soak the jeans in that to restore the factory stiffness if jeans get floppy from hanging in the closet.

Starch makes stuff crisp sometimes at the expense of tensile strength but for the short-term it's fine, you can get the spray cans at big retailers and the boxed powders at a few but they're becoming uncommon because people nowadays like stuff to work right out of the store.

And no denim wearing is not a game there's no cheating/winners/losers. in before 'WINNING'
April 14, 2011 @ 09:13 PM
ryun

one more question, does it also smell when you apply the starch?
April 14, 2011 @ 10:09 PM
jozsef_csanyi

There's a slight aerosol smell but if you get something scent-free it will go away after ironing.
April 18, 2011 @ 11:04 PM
Hella

one more question, does it also smell when you apply the starch?

Starch will add the new "starch" smell most raw jeans have.

Careful though, starch is an excellent food for bacteria and adding starch will make your jeans smell really fucking bad if you sweat like mad. You'll end up having to wash them again sooner.
April 27, 2011 @ 05:34 PM
birdyman18

I've had my Nudies for a few years now and haven't washed them. I don't wear them as much as normal. I want to wash them, what's the best way to do this without having them shrink.

Check out swagsyndicate.com for all your streetwear news needs.

April 28, 2011 @ 10:15 PM
bronze

cold s inside out
May 1, 2011 @ 04:06 PM
birdyman18

Machine wash cold?

Check out swagsyndicate.com for all your streetwear news needs.

May 1, 2011 @ 06:06 PM
strictlydennis

i have a pair of UO tapered indigo demin. Been wearing it for 4months hard, what would happen if i wash them early and not wait like 6months-1year?
May 1, 2011 @ 06:45 PM
franjoli

i have a pair of UO tapered indigo demin. Been wearing it for 4months hard, what would happen if i wash them early and not wait like 6months-1year?

if you soak it then it doesn't matter, if you wash it with a washing machine and stuff then you'll not get as good fades as you would if you wore them for longer

WTB: UNIQLO x UNDERCOVER FISHTAIL UTILITY PARKA IN SIZE S/M ANY COLOUR MESSAGE

May 2, 2011 @ 11:53 PM
infiniteme

Nothing bad will happen from doing this, except that the more you wash, the less contrast you get on your fades. If you've been wearing them hard, though, you probably won't even affect your fades much by washing a little early.
May 13, 2011 @ 06:19 AM
Goki

I've had my Nudies for a few years now and haven't washed them. I don't wear them as much as normal. I want to wash them, what's the best way to do this without having them shrink.

yeah, cold water, inside out. no/light spin cycle, air dry.

depends, your fades might move if they're not well-set.
obviously you'll lose some amount of indigo, and depending on how much blue you can see, your fades might not turn out as contrasty as they would after 6 months+ of wear.
define "hard"

BT1•BT2•SS•ST•SUFU•HB

May 17, 2011 @ 11:54 AM
leeto

Slept with my nudies, how to get rid of the smell?
May 17, 2011 @ 11:34 PM
butters

Slept with my nudies, how to get rid of the smell?

Just air 'em out for a bit and throw some febreeze on there too.

Another option is to throw them into the freezer overnight. The low temperature neutralizes the bacteria and stops the smell.
May 17, 2011 @ 11:50 PM
abrok99

hey guys idk if this is a stupid question but will rain effect my naked and famous jeans? idont want dye to run down my legs and shoes so will rain do this or is it safe to be in the rain with them?
May 18, 2011 @ 10:23 PM
infiniteme

hey guys idk if this is a stupid question but will rain effect my naked and famous jeans? idont want dye to run down my legs and shoes so will rain do this or is it safe to be in the rain with them?

Rain might cause the dye to run a little bit if the jeans haven't been washed before, but it won't harm the denim at all.
May 31, 2011 @ 02:16 AM
ryun

So my pair has a hole in the backpocket, I kind of like the way it looks but if I leave it too long will the backpocket eventually rip fully? I should just stitch it ASAP?

X post from apc thread
June 7, 2011 @ 11:51 PM
jozsef_csanyi

Unless they're pretty torn up it would be good for it's integrity to fix that. But I like the way ripped jeans look sometimes.
June 8, 2011 @ 02:33 PM
butters

The back pocket would eventually rip fully due to continuous agitation. I agree with jozsef, the hole in the denim gives them a little personality and originality. The sooner you stitch it up, the longer it'll last! Patching up a hole is more of a personal preference though (even patching your denim is part of the raw-denim-wearing game). If you like the way it looks keep it until you absolutely have to stitch it
June 8, 2011 @ 02:37 PM
butters

If you haven't washed them yet, all the indigo is still intact in the jeans so rain would probably cause them to bleed a little bit. I've been caught in light rains in my unwashed APCs before and I did experience some bleeding but not that much. You're probably going to want to avoid rain at all costs anyway. After a number of washes, the bleeding should be very very minimal if you're ever caught in the rain.
June 9, 2011 @ 05:57 PM
golfwangkai

so should you not wash APC denim for months of wear
June 10, 2011 @ 01:54 AM
butters

so should you not wash APC denim for months of wear

It's a personal preference right? I know people who have worn them for years without a full wash yet and I know guys who washed them right away with a cup of VINEGAR to set the colour into the jeans.

The longer you wait to wash and the more wears you put into them, the more contrast you'll have once you do wash them.
June 30, 2011 @ 11:58 AM
trevxv3

GUYS I NEED HELP ASAP

yesterday I was at albertos getting a burrito, my homie knocked over a cup of hot sauce and it spilt all the way down the side of my jeans. They are nudies with only about 4 weeks of solid wear so not even close to washy wash time, but this hot sauce is fuckin THICK and idk what to do. should I man up and wash or is there a technique to getting out the hot sauce without washing the entire pair?

SATIRE GANG OR MOW YOUR LAWN FOR FREE

June 30, 2011 @ 03:08 PM
butters

Don't worry man you aren't screwed! If the spot isn't that big just try that "tide to go stuff", sometimes that works haha. But I think the best thing would be to use shout or stain remover, or soda water on the spot and the give it a wash. Try letting your jeans soak it in a tub with some soap, that way there isn't as much agitation compared to machine washing, so your jeans don't lose a lot of color and stuff. Your jeans are fairly new, so the fades and stuff won't be too affected by a wash. Washing isn't as bad as it may seem for your jeans, people swear by the 6 month rule, but honestly it all depends on how much and how you are wearing your jeans. People have great fades after 1 month depending on what they do, and some have barely faded pairs after a year. A lot of the time washing actually can accelerate fades too. So don't worry about it man, just give them a soft wash and continue wearing them, the fades will be in the same area anyways and will continue to show the contrast as you wear them. ...Or you could get your friend to get you a new pair haha, you can never have enough jeans! good luck man!
June 30, 2011 @ 04:05 PM
caleb91

okay i currently have a paif of naked & famous skinny guys, this is my first pair of denim so these are dumb questions, i just need straight answers.

1. whats the difference between washing the jeans and just soaking them?
2. do i turn the jeans inside out for both the soak and wash? and a wash i just throw in soap?

and then for both of these i just air dry?

sorry for the lame questions.

Please login first to reply.