SALE - Up to 70% Off - Shop Now
July 27, 2010 @ 01:54 PM
explicitx

So what would I have to do to make each leg the same length again?
August 6, 2010 @ 01:13 AM
tyromaa

Hey guys got some care questions so here we go..

So I just purchased the Benny Gold Standard Selvage Denim and was wondering if I should soak in them before I start wearing them in? Or should I just keep em dry and wear em in?

Thanks!
August 7, 2010 @ 04:27 AM
fashof

anyone here know anything about spray sizing and spray starch? i heard spray starch actually damages clothing fibers so I am thinking of using sizing instead. Sizing is suppose to give the same effect just not as stiff but if it is giving somewhat of the same effect, doesn't it mean it is making the fibers stiff and weak also but at a lesser degree? or is spray sizing 100% safe for clothing fiber
August 12, 2010 @ 05:45 PM
laxlife1234

Hey guys got some care questions so here we go..

So I just purchased the Benny Gold Standard Selvage Denim and was wondering if I should soak in them before I start wearing them in? Or should I just keep em dry and wear em in?

Thanks!

People usually soak their jeans first to shrink them, if they fit fine dont worry about it. They will be fine. Keep them unsoaked then think about that same question again in a couple of months when they start to fade, and cease.

www.jacobskoglund.com | www.jacobsphotobooth.tumblr.com

August 17, 2010 @ 05:00 PM
homojeaniens

good knowledge >sad
August 17, 2010 @ 08:48 PM
A!exander

So, I'm about to wash my Apc jeans, what kind of cycle should I do and what temperature should I be setting it on? Also, should I wash them inside out or not? I already have woolite black.
August 17, 2010 @ 09:25 PM
GOLDENi

When I pre-soak my Sams, should I turn the jeans inside out?
August 17, 2010 @ 09:57 PM
kalpanike

^nope
August 17, 2010 @ 10:42 PM
xtreme588

i honestly don't think it really matters if you flip it inside out of not... i think its merely personal preference
August 19, 2010 @ 01:35 PM
F/22

When I pre-soak my Sams, should I turn the jeans inside out?

youll get some of the excess dye out, but in sams cases they hold their dye well so flipping inside out to preserve dye is pretty useless so you dont really have to unless you feel the need to for any reason. Your not really at loss either way.
August 20, 2010 @ 11:43 PM
laxlife1234

When I did it without turning inside out the all the pockets turned am indigo color, I don't think it is good to wash without flipping the jeans inside out. If you flip the jeans inside out it doesn't bleed all over the pockets.

www.jacobskoglund.com | www.jacobsphotobooth.tumblr.com

September 12, 2010 @ 10:56 PM
theprestige

theprestigiousinstitute.blogspot.com/p/denim-heads.html

Sir Sway: If there has ever been someone that told you to not wash your raw denim, they are wrong, Period. That is a huge misconception. Like all clothing, your raw denim does need to be cleaned. There are a few things to do that will help clean your denim without loosing any or too much color or fade.

1) Freezer Trick
September 14, 2010 @ 01:59 AM
Solix

^ A couple of things:

- Sticking your denim in a freezer does absolutely nothing in terms of cleaning. It won't remove any sort of stain, especially oil stains (which should be taken care of immediately with cornstarch or something). The cold temperatures slow down the bacteria that create smells via the waste they produce. Other odor causing substances (dirt/grime/w.e)are literally frozen which tones down how much they smell for a limited amount of time. After a couple wears you'll notice the smells return rather quickly.

- Tide to Go does not contain bleach. In a pinch, it's safe to use on denim (given that it hasn't expired).

- The chemistry concept that you try to highlight with solutions/solute/solvent doesn't apply here. Indigo dye isn't water soluble in the first place.

- If you're the jeans in a detergent/water mixture, the length of time doesn't really matter half as much as the temperature. Leaving them in a little longer would actually be more beneficial in lifting out some of the more inset dirt and grime.

- A pair of jeans pulled out from a wash should be rinsed because they are soapy, not sticky. You should be sure to dunk/rinse them thoroughly before having them dry. That is a lot better than just take a dip in clean water.

- Fuck grape juice. Fuck sandpaper. Those sort of frivolous things shouldn't even be mentioned.

The guide overall is misguided. All you really need to know is: Wear till you think they're dirty. Throw jawnz in washing machine with desired amount of detergent and with temperature/spin speeds to your liking. Similar methods include tub or bucket with manual labor.
September 16, 2010 @ 12:49 AM
CptKegs

Trying to clean some N&F Weird Guys that I got muddy, and I wear em cuffed. Do I uncuff em when I soak em? Does it matter?
September 16, 2010 @ 02:21 AM
Midnite

Just uncuff them, most of the time your going to have shit tons of dirt/lint/dog shit/etc. stored in that crease.
September 17, 2010 @ 01:45 AM
Shargs

The knees on my APC's got kinda muddy. What's the best way to get out the dirt?
September 17, 2010 @ 05:00 PM
Solix

Is that a trick question? Wash them.
September 19, 2010 @ 07:07 PM
hyperpiper45

If you want to keep as much dye as possible and minimise shrinkage just do a cold soak for 30 mins with a little bit of detergent.
September 21, 2010 @ 10:27 AM
infiniteme

You could spot clean them by soaking at the knees and below in detergent, and then hand washing the affected area. I did that one with a pair of Iron Hearts after I spilled chicken soup all over the ankles, and it worked pretty well.
September 29, 2010 @ 10:26 PM
jimmillion

Has anyone tried doing a sea wash? I've heard of it but I'm not sure about the process.
October 10, 2010 @ 08:22 AM
saif

I bought a pair of Skulls for $100 that are still a dark indigo, but it seems the previous owner has washed/soaked them a couple times so they aren't stiff at all. Should I starch them or should I just wear them, I've worn them once so far and the denim has some creases, but they don't look as distinct as they should if they were brand new.
October 14, 2010 @ 05:06 AM
shnxramen

has anybody tried stonewashing
October 15, 2010 @ 03:53 PM
Gutts

So my jeans just got done drying after a 15 minute soak. Are they supposed to be really stiff. Feels brand new.
October 18, 2010 @ 02:25 PM
infiniteme

So my jeans just got done drying after a 15 minute soak. Are they supposed to be really stiff. Feels brand new.

Yes, they are. Right after the soak, they are usually even stiffer than they were raw.
November 1, 2010 @ 08:59 PM
theprestige

anyone here know anything about spray sizing and spray starch? i heard spray starch actually damages clothing fibers so I am thinking of using sizing instead. Sizing is suppose to give the same effect just not as stiff but if it is giving somewhat of the same effect, doesn't it mean it is making the fibers stiff and weak also but at a lesser degree? or is spray sizing 100% safe for clothing fiber

The spray hardens your jeans temporarily but after about 10 wears it wears off and leaves a shitty smell. And now that you mention it I have noticed that the jeans I sprayed have looser fibres then the parts that i did spray, Im thinking the spray does more damage then the temporary fix up. I donno anything about the spray sizing, but it sounds safer
November 3, 2010 @ 10:02 AM
DJ Ant

Has anyone tried doing a sea wash? I've heard of it but I'm not sure about the process.

I just did one yesterday. It was fucking sweet man. Pretty fun as well. Just hit the part of the jeans you want to fade with sand then jump in the water and swim. After a couple minutes come out and repeat till desired. Good luck!
November 4, 2010 @ 10:35 AM
infiniteme

I bought a pair of Skulls for $100 that are still a dark indigo, but it seems the previous owner has washed/soaked them a couple times so they aren't stiff at all. Should I starch them or should I just wear them, I've worn them once so far and the denim has some creases, but they don't look as distinct as they should if they were brand new.

I would wash them once, hang dry them, and then wear them. I wouldn't bother with the starching.
November 8, 2010 @ 07:24 PM
CMGibson2

2 Questions..

Are A.P.C New Standard in Raw sanforized or non-sanforized. If non-sanforized, then I should soak them before I start my year of wear?

If I get caught in a rainstorm or something similar, does that basically count as a 'cold soak'?

Thanks.
November 8, 2010 @ 09:19 PM
Imco0l

apcs are sanforized.
try not to get caught in a rainstorm. if wouldnt call getting rain on ur jeans a soak unless it was a terribly large amount (like enough for you to just put it in a tub of water) and for an extensive period of time like 45 min+.
November 8, 2010 @ 09:56 PM
hools

what detergent do you guys use for washing your denim? also, after hang drying, do you guys throw your jeans in the dryer for a minute or so to soften it up?

i know washing shouldn't be complicated but i'd really like to have peace of mind that my 13 months of not washing my APCs won't go to waste

Please login first to reply.