Denim Care Thread (for denim FAQ)

April 19, 2010 @ 21:00:43
u put it on the inside of the jeans. should barely be visible. howevre ud still get some staining, but it wouldnt be nearly as much.
April 20, 2010 @ 17:02:16
I've had these 501 shrink-to-fit for a year and they haven't had a wash, but they recently got a small stain caused by pancake mix and some bubble gum on the bottom. Should I jump in the shower with them on now or just throw them in the washing machine? They are indigo blue...or raw...whatever it's called, I don't want to lose that "shiny" lol. Also, what to do with regular 501s? Just throw them in the washing machine inside out? Are regular ok to throw in to the drying machine or should I hang dry those too? I don't like the idea of hang drying them because of the hot ass sun we get in Southern Cali.
April 26, 2010 @ 12:43:41
I finally washed my just 501's after over a year of wear. The creases on the combs shifted though, but the fades came out a lot more.
April 28, 2010 @ 21:38:41
Just got some regular raw denim. How do I go about washing them? Should I wear them and take a shower or should I just throw them in the washing machine? Also, is it ok to throw regular jeans into the drying machine or should I hang dry those?
April 29, 2010 @ 12:22:24
Throw in the machine in hot water and put in dryer right away after wash.
April 29, 2010 @ 23:56:57
ask your tailor to take in the waist and the seat, thats what i did with my RRL's. they were a 38 and i got it taken into a 35.5-36. and they fit nicely now.

I been had pure acetone from ochem lab, get at me if you wanna cop. large vial for $5.00 + 4%. smokeyface

lewl, somewhat serious.

instagram: prxsh

April 30, 2010 @ 10:16:51
Throw in the machine in hot water and put in dryer right away after wash.

given they are rigid 501s, so it doesnt matter much, but generally u dont want to throw ur denim in the dryer because it'll soften denim
April 30, 2010 @ 15:52:12
given they are rigid 501s, so it doesnt matter much, but generally u dont want to throw ur denim in the dryer because it'll soften denim

True. Hot water though? What would go wrong if I went with the label's suggestion to use cold? How do y'all dry your jeans? Hangline? How about Dickies work pants?
April 30, 2010 @ 19:15:40
It's important to wash your jeans at least once a week. Like what I said, throw in the dryer to dry.
April 30, 2010 @ 22:23:42
just air dry it, doesnt matter how, I just hang them out my window (live in a colonial. work pants are work pants they are meant to get dirty and take a beating, so doesnt matter wat u do with them.
May 01, 2010 @ 00:46:38
It's important to wash your jeans at least once a week. Like what I said, throw in the dryer to dry.

Once a week? Nah, shun, maybe if I wore them everyday and got 'em dirty, but I honestly can't find a point to wash 'em once a week in hot water. Just keep following your own schedule. smokeyface
May 02, 2010 @ 06:47:06
do coin pouches mess up raw denim whiskers?

i put my coin pouch in my front right pocket. i think its starting to make a rectangular shape in my jeans
May 02, 2010 @ 22:09:48
Hey so my nudies are gettin a little loose around the knee area, I was wondering how to soak my jeans. I see everyone sayin soak them but no specifics. Can anyone tell me how long to put them in hot water and do I use anything? like Woolite Dark or w.e its called.
May 02, 2010 @ 23:53:39
Soak in salted water and use two cups of powdered detergent (it doesn't matter what you use). Using some vinegar keeps them from stretching too much especially since you're getting bulges.
May 10, 2010 @ 14:32:37
i just picked up some Uniqlo UJ indigo selvedge s-002 denim a few days ago, I've been wearing them for about 2 days w/o soaking them, my question is, what happens if i dont soak at all to start them off? i like how they fit and dont want them to shrink. will not soaking them from the start make the fades come in extra slow?

i might just do a cold soak to soften em up a bit so that they dont blow out prematurely, what do you guys recommend?
May 10, 2010 @ 19:00:45
i did a crotch soak for less chance of crotch blowout. i didnt soak any other parts.

I don't really know anything but Uniqlo raws, but if u like the fit and dont want them to shrink, then dont soak.
May 10, 2010 @ 21:58:17
^ i just dont want them to blow out, so i might do the crotch soak only.

will not soaking affect the fading time?
May 10, 2010 @ 22:53:29
Damn people. "How long do I soak for?" "How do I wash?" "What temperature?" "How do I touch them when wet?" "How do I dry?" "How long do I dry?"

It's simple:
Wear them as long as you can until you feel the need to wash. The fading process occurs when you wash them as the loose dye comes off. Just throw them in the washing machine and hang dry, or let them dry on your body, whichever floats your boat. The best and nicest looking jeans tend to be the ones where the owner doesnt give a shit, they just wore them. There's no formula to it, wear em, and wear them hard, and wash them. Simple as that. Fades will come as time goes on. Jeans reflect your lifestyle, so just wear the damn things and natural fades will come.
May 12, 2010 @ 17:27:17
When im done soaking my jeans do I squeeze all the water out and turn them inside out to hang dry or what?
May 12, 2010 @ 17:32:35
does anyone know if i should soak my huf denim?!?!!???!??!?!?!
May 12, 2010 @ 18:24:11
lol huf denim....

if they r raw, r they sanforized? (meaning even if u soak/wash minimal shrinkage) Do you want it to shrink (kinda like Levi's STF)?

but really, soak if u want.
May 13, 2010 @ 15:05:15
what if i dont have a tub? could i soak my jeans in a bucket ? or is that bad? please and thank you.
May 13, 2010 @ 15:55:55
ummmm, how do u shower?
i dont think it's gonna b any different from soaking in a bucket than a tub, but ur gonna get all these fold marks and shit.
May 13, 2010 @ 16:10:02
i shower in a bathroom? not all showers have tubs dude...
May 13, 2010 @ 16:46:47
it really doesnt matter how you soak them, the importance is that you get the entire pant in there.
May 21, 2010 @ 17:45:10
Just picked up some Rogue Territory Slim Straights. Can anyone help me out on sizing? The guys at the store didn't seem to know very much. I really liked the way 34s fit so I got 33s, also I would appreciate some guidance as far as if they need a soak before I start wearing them.
May 27, 2010 @ 16:23:49
I'm about to wash my jeans and i was wondering if after the wash, would new creases set in? They were already soaked once
June 04, 2010 @ 21:35:47
does it matter if i just wash my jeans in the washer vs just soaking them in a tub???

and what about bleaching them????

or just parts of the jeans?
June 05, 2010 @ 09:24:37
biter, if you wear them enough they'll hold creases
July 01, 2010 @ 22:44:09
Got selvedge, did not read any of this shit. Ignorance is bliss, im just gonna wear the fuck out of them, then after mad months when all the scents of small farts and ballzack get to unbearable im gonna wash them and air dry. then restart the processes of wearing the fuck out of them.
Please login first to reply.