Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
January 16, 2008 @ 05:20 PM
Technique

Well depends if you like your denim stiff because dry cleaning can make it softer and less rigid

IG - @CONSCIOUSONE OG 2007 HB FINESSE

January 19, 2008 @ 03:10 PM
scoobaru07

Hey guys i just got a pair of evisu deluxe editions in a 36. i've been shaving off some weight and currently am a 35. i didn't get a 34 because if it shrinks then i'm screwed. my other evisu's shrunk about 3/4 of an inch. how can i shrink it more? more than an inch but not more than 2? or is that not possible?
January 22, 2008 @ 12:50 PM
Rocco3x

My first pair of decent denim. I got a pair of KMW 1950's off a guy who's had them folded on a shelf for a while. Now it's got these creases running the length of the leg. I've tried to iron them out, but it's not working. Any ideas on what to do without shrinking, softening, or losing a bunch of indigo? I obviously don't want to wash them.
January 23, 2008 @ 01:46 PM
busy_tom

i just wonder would a pair of raw get lessen fade if the raw get soaked before worn .
January 30, 2008 @ 05:54 PM
OnDog

shrinking help
Hi i'm new here,
i got a pair of rmcs and i wanted to shrink them before wearing
i cold soaked them inside out for maybe 30min-1hr and then i hang dried them.
but when they dried, 1 leg shrunk more than the other... anything i could do?
January 31, 2008 @ 09:43 AM
goatfacekillah

resoak them for another hour
February 6, 2008 @ 04:53 PM
m4d3lnchln4

I've been wearing my Levi STFxx's since october 07. At that time I didn't know I had to soak it beforehand, so my first soak was at January 13. The size is 33/34. My true size is 31/32. Now, it's stretched out to be pretty big and kind of flimsy. Should I give it another soak? cold or hot? I see minimal fading and there are only creases, no real honeycombs or anything since the size is a little too big. Thanks in advance! smile
February 6, 2008 @ 06:08 PM
Technique

Hot soak, so it shrinks to fit.

February 6, 2008 @ 06:53 PM
m4d3lnchln4

Hot soak, so it shrinks to fit.

ok cool thanks. I'm just scared itll go all flimsy again in less than a month. Is that normal?
February 8, 2008 @ 12:16 AM
Technique

Its just that the denim is getting softer, and yes it is

February 8, 2008 @ 10:48 PM
Dj Gizmo

Levi's 501
I'm in the same boat as the dude above me. I actually bought my 501s earlier in Jan. I've worn them a few times they're not dirty, never washed. My fitting size is 31 x 32. The 501s I bought are 32 x 34. What's the best thing to do when it comes to shrinking to fit (I know you're kinda answering the same question twice), but I know nothing at all about shrinking jeans.
February 9, 2008 @ 04:47 PM
Technique

Just soak them in hot water, it'll get the cotton to shrink, and then just hang dry outside, and they should be more fitted

February 9, 2008 @ 05:42 PM
Dj Gizmo

Alright, I'll try. thanks
February 10, 2008 @ 08:23 PM
Lifted.

i just soaked my apc now they are a little softer. the honeycombs obviously did not set cause i just wore them after the soak and they are making completely different honeycombs. is there a way to fix this??
February 13, 2008 @ 07:27 PM
Technique

I doubt there is a way to get your old combs back, since you soak and then wore it, the new honeycombs are set it

February 14, 2008 @ 02:49 PM
Lifted.

well i wore em for a couple days and most of the old combs came back lol
has anyone starched their jeans after a soak?
February 20, 2008 @ 03:41 PM
jays978

So I was soaking my Nudie Straight Svens today, and after about 2-2.5 hours I went to remove them from the tub, and the water was a deep yellowish-brown hue. What was that all about?
February 20, 2008 @ 06:18 PM
j0k3r420

ight well as a precaution im just gonna say this now im pretty much a complete n00b when it comes to denim

lately ive been rockin LRGeans but i wanna get some levis, cheap mondays, or sum shit

so if some one could tell me a good brand that i can fade and not feel bad if it doesnt go so good, and also how i should fade em
February 20, 2008 @ 07:40 PM
BLUE GENE

I sent my jeans that were my favorites to a jean company in LA and they advised what they could do to help if any.
February 21, 2008 @ 02:06 AM
adrian

well i wore em for a couple days and most of the old combs came back lol
has anyone starched their jeans after a soak?

I've starched my Levis 501's after a soak before and it didn't turn out well. Made them stiff for a day at most, and made them smell weird.

ight well as a precaution im just gonna say this now im pretty much a complete n00b when it comes to denim

lately ive been rockin LRGeans but i wanna get some levis, cheap mondays, or sum shit

so if some one could tell me a good brand that i can fade and not feel bad if it doesnt go so good, and also how i should fade em

"Cheaper" brands- Levis, Cheap Mondays, APC, Nudies
More expensive brands- Samurai, Flathead, Imperial, SDA, Skulls, etc.

And to fade them.. All you do is wear the jeans haha
March 2, 2008 @ 01:21 AM
brannen

how do i starch my jeans?
March 2, 2008 @ 11:28 AM
Lifted.

get some starch spray from the pharmacy
March 4, 2008 @ 08:40 PM
brannen

A process that seems to work well specifically for non-selvage (obviously) Levi's 501XX Raw Unwashed Denim.

[LIST=1]
[*]Remove all tags, put on the jeans and adjust them to fit to how you will wear them
[*]Take 15-20 minute Warm/Hot shower with jeans on. (this will help with shrinking and to remove unneeded dye).
[*]Go skate, or run or do something active while wearing wet jeans (this is to set creases and help the fading process)
[*]Once the jeans are moderately dry, take them off and LINE DRY THEM (do not machine dry) (This is to keep stiffness and creases in place).
[*]Once dry, wear until they become limp or need another soak, in which case you should repeat the process over again
[*]*An additional step would be to starch after washing after every additional shower/soak to maintain stiffness
[*]After a minimum (you can go longer) of 6 months, You can take the jeans and wash them with regular detergent and normal settings, However NEVER MACHINE DRY! Wear the washed jeans wet, run around/skate/etc.. and then line dry
[/LIST]

Don't take these guidelines so seriously, they aren't rules and there are no real rules for getting the perfect fade it is possible to achieve a great fade without following these guidelines religiously.. however if you are completely clueless, using these tips will help you on basic fading on cheap raw jeans.

i tried this process and it turned out dope
March 4, 2008 @ 08:54 PM
scfdefinit

I have these one-wash pair of Nudies and I can never get honeycombs. The jeans are just too soft. I've worn them for months too. Lots of dye but can never get any creases. Well, maybe not never but the creases don't stay. They return to normal. I have other raw denim and they crease just fine. Even in a few days I get better creases than on these. Should I just starch/iron the fuck out of them?
March 6, 2008 @ 12:14 AM
dunkmax

Denim noob ?
I got the Jordan X Levis pack with a pair of Selvage 501's. They fit great in the waist, a little room for shrinkage, but they are way to long. Should I soak and wear them around a little before having them hemmed or should I get them hemmed before soaking? Thanks
March 11, 2008 @ 07:50 PM
B2FiNiTY

soak then hem.
March 11, 2008 @ 08:03 PM
sydneysneaker

i just got some nudies thin finn...should i soak first or should i skip soaking
March 11, 2008 @ 08:29 PM
kidkorea

Alright guys. I bought a pair of apc new standards (sized down 2) and been wearing them everyday for the past couple weeks. The thing is I still want it to be a bit slimmer. Honeycombs have started setting in already but I was thinking about hot soaking them to make them a bit slimmer. Now I heard that releasing the indigo will affect the fading process but I also heard that if jeans are tighter, it will be easier for honeycombs to form.

My question is: Should I just soak them now and then wear the shit out of them OR wear the shit out of them and THEN give them a soak?

Thanks to all replies.

ii-se.co Instagram: @iiseSEOUL Search "iise" on Facebook and like the page to support!

March 11, 2008 @ 08:34 PM
Technique

Soaking won't due much since its sanforized, your jeans will probably just get softer and a wee tighter just barely. So just wear the shit out of them, then wash, soak if dirty

March 11, 2008 @ 08:39 PM
kidkorea

Soaking won't due much since its sanforized, your jeans will probably just get softer and a wee tighter just barely. So just wear the shit out of them, then wash, soak if dirty

Damn...so there's absolutely no chance of a tighter fit sad

Might have to sell them then...

If anyone's interested in a 30x34 pair of New Standards PM me..sad

ii-se.co Instagram: @iiseSEOUL Search "iise" on Facebook and like the page to support!

Please login first to reply.