Denim Care Thread (for denim FAQ)

February 17, 2010 @ 02:50:39
thanks for some tips...
February 20, 2010 @ 00:52:11
just soak em. it'll take off 2 weeks worth of bleeding.
February 22, 2010 @ 23:19:37
I see some people say don't wash for 6 months depending on what jeans you have. Is there any tips on keeping the smell out?
February 23, 2010 @ 01:16:42
Hang them outside for a bit and it'll help the odor lessen. Or you can use febreeze but...I rather not

IG - @SEANLEQUANG OG 2007 HB FINESSE

February 23, 2010 @ 01:22:12
i was reading a thread on here earlier (i think it was really old tho) and a lot of people were suggesting things like febreezing them, then hanging them outside like technique said. others said to put em in a plastic bag and put em in the freezer overnight. some suggested a combination of febreeze and freezing. lol i've yet to personally try those all too often but a lot said they work
February 23, 2010 @ 02:28:33
tapering leg openings?
February 23, 2010 @ 16:02:41
do they sell khaki colored stfs anymore?

is it possible for them to fade?
February 23, 2010 @ 17:59:13
Thanks for the replies guys, i was actually thinking about febreeze myself. But i would have never thought about the freezer haha..
February 24, 2010 @ 12:17:43
okay so i have a pair of wesc raw selvage denim and i have worn them for about 8 months straight give or take a day or two. they hjave some really nice fades going on but they have stretched out enough that im tempted to wash them even though im not happy with the fading yet. how exactly do i shrink them without ruining the fading process
February 25, 2010 @ 07:35:27
u can just dip the waist in hot water
February 25, 2010 @ 09:24:50
its not just the waste its everywhere
February 25, 2010 @ 09:28:41
its not just the waste its the knees and butt to
February 28, 2010 @ 20:08:58
^just give it a hot soak for 30minutes, but the tighter fit will only last for about 2 wears. After that they'll just stretch back to normal.
February 28, 2010 @ 20:43:49
I just recently starting appreciating "high end" denim and have been reading up on them and such. Does the the never/rarely wash your demin thing apply to all jeans, or just the more expensive ones? I've always washed and dried all of my jeans before until I got some semi-expensive pairs and read up on how to care for them.
March 01, 2010 @ 08:49:11
washing/soaking serves 3 purposes for raw denim, either get them clean, shrink/soften denim, and get rid of excess dye. if their not raw washin doesnt really do nethin other than cleaning them. but washing ur jeans is subjective, u dont have to wait 6 to wash if u feel u need to do it after a month then its fine.
March 04, 2010 @ 23:54:28
Hey guys,

I've worn my APC NS everyday for the past 4 1/2 months & see some massive wear on them.

I'm thinking of doing a soak at least. Is it a must that I use woolite dark?

I don't care about shrinkage cuz they're a bit loose, but I want some decent indigo loss.

What if I were to machine wash them normally on cold, with some woolite dark? Then hang dry?

I could also do the soak in my kitchen sink. Fill the newbie in, even in a few lines.

Thanks, appreciate it.
March 06, 2010 @ 07:54:08
^for soaks you really dont need detergent, unless ur actually tryin to get them clean. Just fill ur tub up with cold or hot water (depending on wat u want to achieve with ur soak) put somethin waterproof but heavy to keep ur jeans from floating and then hang dry them. Woolite dark mainly is for cleaning ur jeans and keeping the color.
March 07, 2010 @ 14:49:50

this is what happened to my apc ns. how can i fix this? is it something i can do on my own? or should i take it to the shop? i mean its only the backpocket and its not like a hole goes through the denim. just the bottom part of the pocket is detaching.
note to all you guys, dont play basketball in your jeans if you have stuff in your pockets.

Waffles : u guys are just internet faggots

March 07, 2010 @ 17:27:01
If you really want it to be fixed, and you u can sew w/ confidence, do it urself. otherwise take it to a shop.
March 08, 2010 @ 16:51:16
paid $17 at tjmaxx. too bad theyre a bit big. hopefully i can get them altered to my liking. I wonder if anyone on here knows how to do alterations. blushing

March 09, 2010 @ 08:26:13
^^just makesure you follow the stitch line and have the double like stitch, but fixing ur self isnt hard. By the looks of it the denim should be soft enough to easily get a needle through
March 09, 2010 @ 20:51:57
i have no idea how to stitch or sew. might have to youtube this lol.

March 10, 2010 @ 02:00:53
nudies
Picked up some Nudie SJDJ last year on sale. Never tried to wear 'em until yesterday. Problem is I lost about 10 pounds since last year.. They are 33x32 and now I am about a 31. Do you think a hot soak is enough to bring them down to my size? Should I just hot soak for 30 mins and wear them while they dry? I've been wearing raw for a few years but I never had to soak in order to shrink. I'm worried they wont shrink enough and I won't be able to resell them for shit..

Thanks in advance y'all
March 11, 2010 @ 22:34:53
^ No.

March 12, 2010 @ 14:48:53
you're a weirdo b
March 14, 2010 @ 07:34:41
i spilt super glue on my lvc's. its hard as shit and looks like a jizz stain. -______-
anyway to get that shit off?
March 17, 2010 @ 01:26:38
gap 1969's
I've worn my gap 1969 skinny jeans for about 8 months now and I'm just starting to see a visible wallet fade, and a faint crotch fade. I've practically worn em everyday and I want to see fades come a little more quicker. I've heard about cold soaks and such, but I've been skeptic about it ever since I first picked them up. Any advice?
March 17, 2010 @ 19:16:36
i heard that if you have selvedge denim, youre supposed to take a shower while wearing them for the first time
is this true?
March 17, 2010 @ 19:34:58
hey guys, I'm gonna do a soak on my apcs tonight.

how the hell do I hang dry these? I don't think a hanger would work...

Do I need to set up my own close hanger and get those wooden clips?

I live in an apartment BTW.

I'm thinking a warm soak w/ woolite dark...jeans NOT& inside out for about an hour?

Any advice regarding cold vs warm and the whole inside out thing. Thanks in advance
March 17, 2010 @ 21:32:00
what are you trying to do with the soak because the temperature of the water does different things. although with woolite dark i figure things like dye loss wouldn't be too much of a factor. consider maybe hanging them on the shower rod or something, that's what i've done with jeans (not APC tho) until they were only damp.

and i don't think you need to soak inside out because people typically do that when they're washing them with other clothes so the outside doesn't get messed up when it makes contact with the clothes in the washer/dryer
Please login first to reply.
x