Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
February 25, 2010 @ 09:28 AM
tsoby

its not just the waste its the knees and butt to
February 28, 2010 @ 08:08 PM
cbk

^just give it a hot soak for 30minutes, but the tighter fit will only last for about 2 wears. After that they'll just stretch back to normal.
February 28, 2010 @ 08:43 PM
Wolfkiller

I just recently starting appreciating "high end" denim and have been reading up on them and such. Does the the never/rarely wash your demin thing apply to all jeans, or just the more expensive ones? I've always washed and dried all of my jeans before until I got some semi-expensive pairs and read up on how to care for them.
March 1, 2010 @ 08:49 AM
cbk

washing/soaking serves 3 purposes for raw denim, either get them clean, shrink/soften denim, and get rid of excess dye. if their not raw washin doesnt really do nethin other than cleaning them. but washing ur jeans is subjective, u dont have to wait 6 to wash if u feel u need to do it after a month then its fine.
March 4, 2010 @ 11:54 PM
BC_2_NorCal

Hey guys,

I've worn my APC NS everyday for the past 4 1/2 months & see some massive wear on them.

I'm thinking of doing a soak at least. Is it a must that I use woolite dark?

I don't care about shrinkage cuz they're a bit loose, but I want some decent indigo loss.

What if I were to machine wash them normally on cold, with some woolite dark? Then hang dry?

I could also do the soak in my kitchen sink. Fill the newbie in, even in a few lines.

Thanks, appreciate it.
March 6, 2010 @ 07:54 AM
cbk

^for soaks you really dont need detergent, unless ur actually tryin to get them clean. Just fill ur tub up with cold or hot water (depending on wat u want to achieve with ur soak) put somethin waterproof but heavy to keep ur jeans from floating and then hang dry them. Woolite dark mainly is for cleaning ur jeans and keeping the color.
March 7, 2010 @ 02:49 PM
Iceboogie

suspended

this is what happened to my apc ns. how can i fix this? is it something i can do on my own? or should i take it to the shop? i mean its only the backpocket and its not like a hole goes through the denim. just the bottom part of the pocket is detaching.
note to all you guys, dont play basketball in your jeans if you have stuff in your pockets.

Waffles : u guys are just internet faggots

March 7, 2010 @ 05:27 PM
Imco0l

If you really want it to be fixed, and you u can sew w/ confidence, do it urself. otherwise take it to a shop.
March 8, 2010 @ 04:51 PM
mjbasilio

paid $17 at tjmaxx. too bad theyre a bit big. hopefully i can get them altered to my liking. I wonder if anyone on here knows how to do alterations. smile

March 9, 2010 @ 08:26 AM
cbk

^^just makesure you follow the stitch line and have the double like stitch, but fixing ur self isnt hard. By the looks of it the denim should be soft enough to easily get a needle through
March 9, 2010 @ 08:51 PM
Iceboogie

suspended

i have no idea how to stitch or sew. might have to youtube this lol.

March 10, 2010 @ 02:00 AM
century

nudies
Picked up some Nudie SJDJ last year on sale. Never tried to wear 'em until yesterday. Problem is I lost about 10 pounds since last year.. They are 33x32 and now I am about a 31. Do you think a hot soak is enough to bring them down to my size? Should I just hot soak for 30 mins and wear them while they dry? I've been wearing raw for a few years but I never had to soak in order to shrink. I'm worried they wont shrink enough and I won't be able to resell them for shit..

Thanks in advance y'all
March 11, 2010 @ 10:34 PM
Iceboogie

suspended

^ No.

March 12, 2010 @ 02:48 PM
century

you're a weirdo b
March 14, 2010 @ 07:34 AM
mjbasilio

i spilt super glue on my lvc's. its hard as shit and looks like a jizz stain. -______-
anyway to get that shit off?
March 17, 2010 @ 01:26 AM
vansnike

gap 1969's
I've worn my gap 1969 skinny jeans for about 8 months now and I'm just starting to see a visible wallet fade, and a faint crotch fade. I've practically worn em everyday and I want to see fades come a little more quicker. I've heard about cold soaks and such, but I've been skeptic about it ever since I first picked them up. Any advice?
March 17, 2010 @ 07:16 PM
oohdenniss

i heard that if you have selvedge denim, youre supposed to take a shower while wearing them for the first time
is this true?
March 17, 2010 @ 07:34 PM
BC_2_NorCal

hey guys, I'm gonna do a soak on my apcs tonight.

how the hell do I hang dry these? I don't think a hanger would work...

Do I need to set up my own close hanger and get those wooden clips?

I live in an apartment BTW.

I'm thinking a warm soak w/ woolite dark...jeans NOT& inside out for about an hour?

Any advice regarding cold vs warm and the whole inside out thing. Thanks in advance
March 17, 2010 @ 09:32 PM
Carlton C-Note Banks

what are you trying to do with the soak because the temperature of the water does different things. although with woolite dark i figure things like dye loss wouldn't be too much of a factor. consider maybe hanging them on the shower rod or something, that's what i've done with jeans (not APC tho) until they were only damp.

and i don't think you need to soak inside out because people typically do that when they're washing them with other clothes so the outside doesn't get messed up when it makes contact with the clothes in the washer/dryer
March 18, 2010 @ 12:49 AM
BC_2_NorCal

I'm just looking to make them a lot lighter...but still a deep blue..not like white some of those ocean washes.

These jeans down below look sick. I can't believe they have been washed once and soaked 3-4 times. They still seem pretty dark? How do I do a regular wash?

Machine cycle with woolite dark or regular detergent? hang dry again?

Or should I try repeating the hot soak without any detergent and go from there?
March 18, 2010 @ 01:25 AM
Carlton C-Note Banks

hot soaks w/out the woolite would probably allow for more dye to go than colder soaks
March 18, 2010 @ 01:34 AM
BC_2_NorCal

^cool.

I was trippin out when I was rinsing out the woolite dark...thinking all that blue was more indigo bleeding out...but it was just the soap detergent like my roomate thought.
I'll see how they turn out, before trying a really hot soak. this first soak was pretty warm tho.

So it's my understanding to soak 3-4 times...before going all out with a regular wash at like 1 year point? (I know it all depends on the person but wanna hear what y'all have to say)
March 18, 2010 @ 02:12 AM
Carlton C-Note Banks

a rule of thumb is to be willing to wash them whenever they're really dirty enough to warrant a wash, regardless of how long they've gone without one. and there are different reasons for people doing soaks, some do it to strengthen the denim every few months to prevent things like crotch blowouts, some might soak to get rid of some dye, etc. but typically if you soak them too often they might lose too much dye before you want them to, at least from what i've been reading. i might be wrong about that though.
March 18, 2010 @ 02:43 AM
BC_2_NorCal

Thanks Carlton, I mean "In Space" forall your responses.

So from what I've read...one soak will soften the denim and like you said help strengthen them against crotch blowouts...so in that sense I'm happy I did it...

but lots of people say that although no real distinctive creases/contrast show after first soak...that they still have a chance to develop down the road. is this correct?
March 18, 2010 @ 03:01 AM
Carlton C-Note Banks

lolz

after you soak them you have to wear them a lot again to get the creases (whiskers and honeycombs) to come back. and the contrast with the fades does come eventually, and i think soaking occasionally (every few months i guess) may help the contrast in time as well
March 19, 2010 @ 09:59 PM
mjbasilio

I'm just looking to make them a lot lighter...but still a deep blue..not like white some of those ocean washes.

These jeans down below look sick. I can't believe they have been washed once and soaked 3-4 times. They still seem pretty dark? How do I do a regular wash?

Machine cycle with woolite dark or regular detergent? hang dry again?

Or should I try repeating the hot soak without any detergent and go from there?

Lol thanks for the love for my apc's
but for my first wash I pretty much used 2 cups of regular detergent, medium cycle, and used hot water.
and yes i did hang dry.

It also depends on how hard your wear them
March 20, 2010 @ 02:52 AM
Solix

Two cups is a TON of detergent. You only need like a quarter of a cup. Everything else is just overkill and wasteful.
March 20, 2010 @ 10:35 AM
ILikeBacon

Hey guys, I'm pretty new to this raw denim thing and I got a few questions,

And what's the point of soaking jeans before you actually wear them? Is it to shrink them, minimize bleeding, soften them or like all 3? Also, does soaking after you've already wore the jeans for a while actually shrink the jeans and keep them shrunk? Cuz won't the jeans have been stretched out already and will just stretch out again after a few wears?

And what does elastane in denim do? Does it keep the denim from stretching out permanently? (Like it'll go back to its original size)
March 20, 2010 @ 12:19 PM
Carlton C-Note Banks

soaking before you wear them can lose dye to minimize bleeding (hot soak), and the denim does get softer i think after you soak/wash them. they'll shrink if they're unsanforized. if they're sanforized, then shrinking will be minimal if at all. (sanforized denim is denim that's been washed or manipulated or stretched or something by the factory in order to essentially get the stretching out of the way) i'll quote a part of a post on a thread i found from google
Sanforizing

Sanforizing denim is a method of stretching and manipulating the cloth in the factory prior to any washing so that any shrinking during future washes will be minimalized. It is important to note if your raw jeans are sanforized or not before determining what size to buy, non-sanforized jeans will shrink 7-10%, while sanforized jeans will shrink 1-5%. It is often advised to give non-sanforized jeans a warm soak before wearing them to get the shrinking done before you create wear marks on the jeans.

and i can't help you with that last part bc i don't know what elastane in denim is lolz
March 20, 2010 @ 09:14 PM
Solix

Elastane is a synthetic material that's, as the word might suggest, elastic. Jeans made with elastane are often called "stretch" denim or something similar because they have the ability to stretch out.

Please login first to reply.