Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
August 11, 2013 @ 08:44 PM
lil curtis

I'm going to pick up a pair of raw denim jeans in the very near future, but I don't even know where to start. Not looking to spend more than $150 and want a skinny fit. What are the basics to raw denim jeans? Any tips and tricks would be greatly appreciated. Thanks HB.

we love jesus, but you'da learn a lot from satan ;)

August 11, 2013 @ 09:32 PM
FreestyleFEllowship

I was just in this position 2 weeks ago but did my research, here's what I've got for you. If you want really good fades and really good quality i'd say nut up and just get the $180 APC, and if you want skinny fit do PS and size down 2 (or just find a sizing chart and compare with pants you have). When you first get them Raw Denim will be VERY stiff and VERY tight. After a full day of wear they start to break in and crease based on your body, becoming exponentially comfier. Throughout your first week they continue to get more broken in. 

If you get APC you can: Pre-Soak (I didn't cause its too much work and I'd rather just wear them in), or just throw em right on outta the packaging.

Other great options for raw denim: Unbranded (skinny fit is the UB101 I think), Samurai (Idk what skinny fit is, but you have to pre-soak before wear).  

Also, there's different weights of denim, the higher the weight, the more stiff the denim will be, but also the warmer, and more durable it will be too. Typical denim is around 13-15 oz. I think and it's measured by how much a square yard weighs.

WELL HERE THAT MOTHERFUCKER IS

August 12, 2013 @ 03:44 AM
lil curtis

I was just in this position 2 weeks ago but did my research, here's what I've got for you. If you want really good fades and really good quality i'd say nut up and just get the $180 APC, and if you want skinny fit do PS and size down 2 (or just find a sizing chart and compare with pants you have). When you first get them Raw Denim will be VERY stiff and VERY tight. After a full day of wear they start to break in and crease based on your body, becoming exponentially comfier. Throughout your first week they continue to get more broken in. 

If you get APC you can: Pre-Soak (I didn't cause its too much work and I'd rather just wear them in), or just throw em right on outta the packaging.

Other great options for raw denim: Unbranded (skinny fit is the UB101 I think), Samurai (Idk what skinny fit is, but you have to pre-soak before wear).  

Also, there's different weights of denim, the higher the weight, the more stiff the denim will be, but also the warmer, and more durable it will be too. Typical denim is around 13-15 oz. I think and it's measured by how much a square yard weighs.
Thanks for this, seriously. I read that I'm not supposed to wash them for 6 months.. What do I do about cleaning them?

we love jesus, but you'da learn a lot from satan ;)

August 12, 2013 @ 04:07 AM
FreestyleFEllowship

Thanks for this, seriously. I read that I'm not supposed to wash them for 6 months.. What do I do about cleaning them?
Theres really no time thing. You wear them as long as you can without washing/cleaning them. Some asian boy wore a pair of raw denim for 15 months before washing them and made the news. If you spill something on them, never wipe, always dab. 

For my first clean I'll probably end up getting my APCs dry-cleaned, but most people suggest soaking them in a tub of warm water (Big enough so that the denim can lay flat) with a scoop of wool-lite, then rinsing, and hang drying. But there are various ways you can wash them (Some people suggest wearing them into salt water and rubbing them down with sand before rinsing and hang drying).

My advice, don't look too far into everything. I researched this stuff for 2 straight weeks before dropping almost 200 on my denim about a week ago, and tbh I don't regret it at all and I've only started. I just like the whole concept of the genuine fades and the jeans forming and stretching to my body. 

August 12, 2013 @ 04:41 AM
mackness

Here is my advice, wait at least 2 months to wash them and then hold out for as long as you can. If you want your jeans to last a long time wash them more frequently and if you don't want them to lose dye use woolite black or a denim washing product. There is no specific time to wash them really, just do it whenever you feel like you should/want to. The longer you wait the better your fades will be but the faster your denim will wear. Since it's your first pair just do whatever because you will learn what you want to do differently with your next pair! It's hard to wear regular denim after raw denim too, so be prepared haha. 

"mack you get a pass for wearing female pants i aint even gonna ether you anymore" Powercum http://jnmcknss.tumblr.com/

August 12, 2013 @ 04:44 AM
mackness

Samurai's skinniest fit is the S003JP, the skinniest heavy weight fit is the 710XX

"mack you get a pass for wearing female pants i aint even gonna ether you anymore" Powercum http://jnmcknss.tumblr.com/

August 12, 2013 @ 12:30 PM
galactic don soze X7

lmao i swear the only denim brands hb users know are apc and samurai
August 13, 2013 @ 12:47 AM
sebest

lmao i swear the only denim brands hb users know are apc and samurai
I use HB, and i personally like Nudie a lot, same thing with naked and famous... Hell, I think that If you can find yourself a nice pair of Levi's or unbranded, you've got some nice denim. So, next time you try putting down a forum, (that you even belong to) check what you are saying
August 13, 2013 @ 03:12 AM
mackness

Nudie and N&F lol

August 13, 2013 @ 09:38 PM
galactic don soze X7

Nudie and N&F lol
what this guy said lmao
August 13, 2013 @ 10:44 PM
rdeluna

Don't go Nudie, get selvedge denim. Just pay the extra $30 for a pair of APCs or you can buy a pair of Unbranded 101s skinny for about $85. I own the Unbrandeds and I'm loving it, but I wish I had gotten APCs over these.
August 14, 2013 @ 05:18 AM
Fitch

I'm still pretty unfamiliar with a lot about raw denim. One thing I would say is just go ahead and go with something of quality. Not necessarily a $400 pair, but at least something not from a streetwear brand. My current pair (and first selvage pair) is a pair from WeSC. They're good enough for just whatever, but there's a reason they didn't cost $300 or $200, or even half of that. I did recently order a pair from Gustin though. $99. Haven't gotten them yet, but if they're of quality, that might be something to check out.
August 14, 2013 @ 12:49 PM
FreestyleFEllowship

I know its complex but.....

The best pairs of Raw Denim out Right Now

August 14, 2013 @ 03:39 PM
ChriSxJetson

naked and famous brudaaah

dirt

August 14, 2013 @ 08:16 PM
aran781

Jean Shop's raw denim is pretty much hands down the best I've seen.  They check in at 25 or so on that list
August 15, 2013 @ 09:54 AM
rdeluna

List is trash, Krew above of Iron Hearts?? Na
August 15, 2013 @ 02:27 PM
YoScuba

Fuckin loony smh Complex
August 15, 2013 @ 06:04 PM
FreestyleFEllowship

Just posted on here so people could see the different types vs. the prices. I'm sure that they do the list based on quality for the price, not just quality. 

August 15, 2013 @ 06:23 PM
sebest

I have worn Matix raw denim for about 3 weeks, maybe 4, and they are great, they were only like 75 dollars too
August 15, 2013 @ 08:05 PM
mackness

If that Complex list is in order then it's so bad. 

August 25, 2013 @ 04:56 PM
PhantoMermaid

Fuckin loony smh Complex
it's in no particular order.
December 6, 2013 @ 10:59 AM
andis1033

You can check Lee 101Z Raw Denim Jeans at Ebay.
December 6, 2013 @ 03:48 PM
Gwyn

Since you live in New York, I'm guessing you're going to be paying rape prices for anything local..
-I was going to suggest you check out barneys if you at least want to try them on to see your size and options.
-My first pair were unbranded, now I have a pair of n&f that aren't selvedge but are raw, and they are a good 'cut'.
-I've never tried the hyped up PS APC, although if you live next to a Nice Nordstrom, they carry APC sometimes. 
-I find the Weird Guy to be a good fit. anyway, update us op on your purchase!

"I don't really care about the downvotes. If people read my comment my point was made." - redditor.

December 6, 2013 @ 05:18 PM
D. Rose

Unbranded, N&F, APC, 3Sixteen.

LOWBALL PARADISE: http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/159669

December 6, 2013 @ 11:42 PM
backlikethat

Quality and APC don't mix well. While APC are the most common jeans most people get, that 180 price tag is not worth it.

If you're looking for something below $150 try Unbranded 101.
December 7, 2013 @ 09:22 PM
Gwyn

I found this vid pretty cool, help get you stoked into knowing what raw denim is all about!

http://vimeo.com/73665417

edit: still trying to figure out how to embed the video..

"I don't really care about the downvotes. If people read my comment my point was made." - redditor.

December 17, 2013 @ 09:37 PM
cherry_rum

i think 3sixteen has some pretty solid skinny fits, a little over 150$ though
December 17, 2013 @ 10:49 PM
temper

I started with UB101 and I highly recommend them, now I moved on to UB121 and hopefully later on to A.P.C or N&F.

The fuck you looking at....

December 17, 2013 @ 11:10 PM
nzahir

Quality and APC don't mix well. While APC are the most common jeans most people get, that 180 price tag is not worth it.

If you're looking for something below $150 try Unbranded 101.
Im getting new apcs for 131 shipped, good for price huh?
December 18, 2013 @ 02:30 AM
highandbry

I got a pair of n&f's a week ago. Wore them about 3x already. Should I presoak them still? 

Please login first to reply.