July 25, 2013 @ 07:27 AM
AllenFang

Raw denims have been notoriously known to last a very long time, especially with determined hypebeasts trying to achieve their perfect location of stacks, color of fade, amount of whiskers, etc. What I wanted to ask you fellow HB is how long do you guys wear your "perfect" raw denim for until its time to retire that pair and either start over with a new pair or just go back to pre-washed denim. Let me know! 

PS: Bonus points for anyone who knows how long raw denims will fade for? Or do they ever stop fading? 
July 26, 2013 @ 06:30 AM
upvote

I'll probably not stop wearing it until i feel satisfied with it already or i can't wear it anymore (grown out of it or too many holes).
July 26, 2013 @ 04:13 PM
SHARKlN

Stopped reading at the improper use of notorious.
It doesn't mean famous son, it means infamous.
July 26, 2013 @ 07:34 PM
DaPark

Still wearing a pair of UBs for almost 2 years, bout to cop another pair or 2 next week

Raw denim can keep fading for decades. 

Heartbreak Boyz | Mia Khalifa Fan Club

July 27, 2013 @ 07:43 PM
Dunes

been wearing my diors for over a year now. pretty sure the general rule is to wear your raws until they fall apart.

buy my stuff: http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/208108

July 29, 2013 @ 01:53 AM
AllenFang

Still wearing a pair of UBs for almost 2 years, bout to cop another pair or 2 next week

Mind lettin me know how you know raw denim can fade for decades? Plus even if they can.... is the fade/time inversely exponential? 
July 29, 2013 @ 05:01 AM
b-r-ate

..and does the square root of the sz i wear even matter now

ja sam tu zbog para.

July 29, 2013 @ 05:34 AM
upvote

Mind lettin me know how you know raw denim can fade for decades? Plus even if they can.... is the fade/time inversely exponential? 
lol what the fuck i dont understand
July 29, 2013 @ 05:38 AM
AllenFang

lol what the fuck i dont understand
lol my bad if that was unclear, i meant after you wear them for a while, it'll take more time to see the change in fade right? (As compared to brand new) 
August 7, 2013 @ 03:32 AM
Zeeks

depends on what fabric/material+wear time that determine your fades it could take 2weeks or 1 year to start fading nicely. Another thing is stop fucking worrying about such minute details and wear the dam jeans. If it lasts 2-3 years great, if it lasts 1 year great. They are jeans FFS stop babying them and just wear it.
August 7, 2013 @ 03:42 AM
AllenFang

depends on what fabric/material+wear time that determine your fades it could take 2weeks or 1 year to start fading nicely. Another thing is stop fucking worrying about such minute details and wear the dam jeans. If it lasts 2-3 years great, if it lasts 1 year great. They are jeans FFS stop babying them and just wear it.
lol, ive been wearing my sammys for 4 years now... stopped for a year because i moved to another country where it was too hot for 24-oz denim. 

Its not "minute details" if i want to know if i can continue to fade this pair or not. However, I realize my original post was unclear that I'm talking about a worn pair, not a brand new one. 
August 7, 2013 @ 05:20 AM
strangers

I wear it until I feel like having a different fit. For the past year and a half I wore my Samurai's, but recently i wanted to slim down my fits and not be so baggy so I copped some Momo's for a steal of $99. B)

Please login first to reply.