SALE - Up to 70% Off - Shop Now
July 25, 2013 @ 07:27 AM
AllenFang

Raw denims have been notoriously known to last a very long time, especially with determined hypebeasts trying to achieve their perfect location of stacks, color of fade, amount of whiskers, etc. What I wanted to ask you fellow HB is how long do you guys wear your "perfect" raw denim for until its time to retire that pair and either start over with a new pair or just go back to pre-washed denim. Let me know! 

PS: Bonus points for anyone who knows how long raw denims will fade for? Or do they ever stop fading? 
July 26, 2013 @ 06:30 AM
upvote

I'll probably not stop wearing it until i feel satisfied with it already or i can't wear it anymore (grown out of it or too many holes).
July 26, 2013 @ 04:13 PM
SHARKlN

Stopped reading at the improper use of notorious.
It doesn't mean famous son, it means infamous.
July 26, 2013 @ 07:34 PM
DaPark

Still wearing a pair of UBs for almost 2 years, bout to cop another pair or 2 next week

Raw denim can keep fading for decades. 

hb weindis "No wonder drake makes love songs. Seeing all these 10's around toronto. damn. Just gained alot of dislike for my city."

July 27, 2013 @ 07:43 PM
Dunes

been wearing my diors for over a year now. pretty sure the general rule is to wear your raws until they fall apart.

buy my stuff: http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/208108

July 29, 2013 @ 01:53 AM
AllenFang

Still wearing a pair of UBs for almost 2 years, bout to cop another pair or 2 next week

Mind lettin me know how you know raw denim can fade for decades? Plus even if they can.... is the fade/time inversely exponential? 
July 29, 2013 @ 05:01 AM
b-r-ate

..and does the square root of the sz i wear even matter now

ja sam tu zbog para.

July 29, 2013 @ 05:34 AM
upvote

Mind lettin me know how you know raw denim can fade for decades? Plus even if they can.... is the fade/time inversely exponential? 
lol what the fuck i dont understand
July 29, 2013 @ 05:38 AM
AllenFang

lol what the fuck i dont understand
lol my bad if that was unclear, i meant after you wear them for a while, it'll take more time to see the change in fade right? (As compared to brand new) 
August 7, 2013 @ 03:32 AM
Zeeks

depends on what fabric/material+wear time that determine your fades it could take 2weeks or 1 year to start fading nicely. Another thing is stop fucking worrying about such minute details and wear the dam jeans. If it lasts 2-3 years great, if it lasts 1 year great. They are jeans FFS stop babying them and just wear it.
August 7, 2013 @ 03:42 AM
AllenFang

depends on what fabric/material+wear time that determine your fades it could take 2weeks or 1 year to start fading nicely. Another thing is stop fucking worrying about such minute details and wear the dam jeans. If it lasts 2-3 years great, if it lasts 1 year great. They are jeans FFS stop babying them and just wear it.
lol, ive been wearing my sammys for 4 years now... stopped for a year because i moved to another country where it was too hot for 24-oz denim. 

Its not "minute details" if i want to know if i can continue to fade this pair or not. However, I realize my original post was unclear that I'm talking about a worn pair, not a brand new one. 
August 7, 2013 @ 05:20 AM
strangers

I wear it until I feel like having a different fit. For the past year and a half I wore my Samurai's, but recently i wanted to slim down my fits and not be so baggy so I copped some Momo's for a steal of $99. B)

Please login first to reply.