March 22, 2013 @ 06:44 PM
den.m bar

Hi everyone!

We are a custom selvedge denim company based in downtown Los Angeles. We officially just passed our one-year mark on March 8th and have lots of room for growth, which is why I wanted to get your thoughts on our jeans and the whole customization process. Here is how it breaks down:

First, you can choose what type of fit you would like. For Men they include

Skinny, Straight (not pictured), and Slim Tapered. For Women they are Skinny and Straight.  (if you want actual dimensions/numbers feel free to ask!) 

Next, choose your fabric. For now, we carry the following fabric

Cone Denim White Oak - Red Selvedge - North Carolina - 13 oz

Cone Denim White Oak - Blue Selvedge -  North Carolina - 13 oz

Kaihara Stretch - Japan - 9.5 oz

Kurabo - Japan - 10 oz

Nisshinbo Selvedge (13oz & our most popular)

Japanese Bull Denim in Orange and Turquoise 10.5 oz 

Finally, you choose your pocket linings, button, zipper, and
stitching color so it really is fully customized.

What are your thoughts?  We also started making denim accessories, such as bowties, skinny ties, aprons, clutches, wallets, tote bags, etc. Are there any other types of accessories you feel would be good to make with denim?

Overall, we are really excited about what we have to offer and want your input!

www.denmbar.com

May 2, 2013 @ 05:57 PM
den.m bar

Hello again from den.m bar!

Been a while since I've updated the thread so I thought I give an update as to what's been going on at den.m bar.  So Sara, the lovely girlfriend of ACME's group Michael Leko approached us back in late March on a new bar they were opening in downtown. ACME group's holding include the popular Spring St Bar, Library Bar and King Edd's bar in downtown Los Angeles. The premise for Sixth St Tavern is a cross between a low key gastropub mixed with your neighborhood sports bar hangout. She needed custom bar aprons for her front house team that reflect ACME'™s growing number of establishments.After figuring out a half-bib and full bartender aprons, we worked out a pattern for her. She requested a "œpumpkin hue" color for her denim fabrics. Working with a pantone #, we used a local dye house to get her fabric dyed in 48 hours. We installed half inch grommets by hand using good old fashion hammering. Our in-house maestro Zach and superstar sewer Lorenzo worked around the clock to deliver these aprons to Sara and her team in time for the grand opening of Sixth St Tavern.

Check out the custom aprons we did for them!

Just got our fabric back from the die house

Zach sewing the apron's together

Deep pumpkin colored bar aprons
Half aprons and full bartender aprons
Lovely bartender at Sixth St Tavern
Sandy & Megan enjoying a beer

May 2, 2013 @ 07:03 PM
kbos

This is cool. I would get some jeans made like that if I could afford it. 
May 3, 2013 @ 03:41 PM
den.m bar

Thanks for the support! smile
This is cool. I would get some jeans made like that if I could afford it. 
May 4, 2013 @ 02:06 AM
SaintLaVie

will check out the store when im in la later this year

The Making of a Saint! Formerly @redoranyc

May 14, 2013 @ 07:07 PM
den.m bar

will check out the store when im in la later this year
Look forward in seeing you soon!  smile
May 14, 2013 @ 07:32 PM
den.m bar

One of our clients recently drove down from West Hollywood. He came to us with a unique request, to duplicate the back welt pockets on his favorite pair of denim. The original pair has seen better days and John asked us to create a new pair from Nisshinbo Stretch denim.Our loveable Aileen worked all day Saturday to come up with welt pockets that matched John S.’s specifications. After two muslin prototypes, we nailed it on the third try. For the curious, John’s wearing 14 ounce Japanese Nisshinbo selvedge denim, in a straight skinny fit with Horror style pocket lining, a Silvercrest button, red zipper and gold threading.

Close up shot of the fabric John picked.
May 15, 2013 @ 01:27 AM
It's Only Hype

good stuff
May 15, 2013 @ 03:30 AM
uniondrygoods

Looks very good!
May 28, 2013 @ 04:56 PM
den.m bar

Last week just had the Artwalk in downtown Los Angeles.  It's always a fun and festive event to be part of and the most recent celebration of art (and some may say beer) was no exception. We opened up a little bit later than usual and stocked the shop with some much needed alcoholic refreshments. Emmett Sky dropped in as well as our many friends and colleagues. Until next artwalk…

Emmett Sky
June 1, 2013 @ 06:09 PM
den.m bar

With our favorite time of the year just around the corner, we're happy to announce we just picked up a limited amount of summer weight denim from Japan!  The denim is lightweight, light color, and perfect for any style! If you're in the LA area, come check out the denim! smile

www.denmbar.com

Isko denim from Japan - 10 ounce, 72% cotton, 28% stretch - Waxed indigo coat

Kurabo denim from Japan - 10 ounce, 71% cotton, 29% stretch - Light stone wash

Kuroki denim from Japan - 11 ounce, 70% cotton, 30% stretch - Light stone wash
June 6, 2013 @ 06:22 PM
den.m bar

We had a special request to make Ron Burgundy pocket linings. With Anchorman 2 coming around this winter, we thought, hey why not?? We first went to our favorite silk screener to get a frame put together. These guys do nothing but silk screens, all by hand, in a shop just outside of downtown Los Angeles. After 2 days, we went to pick up the frame and headed over to Zach’s mini studio to get our hands dirty.  We silk screened Ron Burgundy’s lovely mustached face onto 11 ounce cotton canvas. We decided to make a few extra for ourselves to use And the finished product!

What kind of pocket lining would you want to screen print? 

Please login first to reply.