Get an Extra 20% Off Sale Items - Use code: EXTRA20
January 24, 2013 @ 04:54 PM
primez

I recently got a pair of Analog jeans that were intentionally creased. In some areas of the denim, it feels like it's been coated with wax, especially at the creases. The bottoms, the parts at the thighs, and the back of the knees (the creases usually formed when you sit down) are creased. I love that creased look. I'm just concerned that there won't be any more creases if the wax coating wears out.

Do you know how these creases are formed? Is the wax coating responsible for holding up the creases or are the jeans just sewn that way? Please let me know.

Thanks in advance.
January 24, 2013 @ 05:54 PM
RiFF RaFF

are the creases different color? like are they faded at all?

if they are faded then you're good. plus the wax most likely won't come off. 

Be about it

January 24, 2013 @ 07:29 PM
primez

They actually seem to be the same color as the rest. I really hope the wax doesn't come off. I wonder if there's a simple way to manually coat wax on denim. I'll look that up.
January 24, 2013 @ 07:59 PM
RiFF RaFF

They actually seem to be the same color as the rest. I really hope the wax doesn't come off. I wonder if there's a simple way to manually coat wax on denim. I'll look that up.
i think you're over thinking it / stressing out for nothing. just wear the jeans and they'll grow on you. 

if you really care about fades then i recommend raw denim.

Be about it

January 24, 2013 @ 08:11 PM
Fedora Overlord

1- If you don't want the wax to come off then avoid washing them for as long as possible
2 -You can buy wax specifically for waxing denim, it's easy to apply 
January 24, 2013 @ 08:49 PM
cernio

your first mistake was buying analog denim
January 24, 2013 @ 08:58 PM
primez

Quite coincidentally, I posted a new topic about Analog denim in this forum about five minutes after you made that post. Are you talking about the quality or the looks? I like the look, but I'm questioning the quality since the buttons for my fly seemed defective. Luckily, the top (main) button is sturdy. The other buttons have fallen off except for one, although I'm expecting that one to fall off as well. I'm wearing them at the moment, and you wouldn't have been able to tell anything happened.
January 24, 2013 @ 09:19 PM
cernio

just messin with 

Quite coincidentally, I posted a new topic about Analog denim in this forum about five minutes after you made that post. Are you talking about the quality or the looks? I like the look, but I'm questioning the quality since the buttons for my fly seemed defective. Luckily, the top (main) button is sturdy. The other buttons have fallen off except for one, although I'm expecting that one to fall off as well. I'm wearing them at the moment, and you wouldn't have been able to tell anything happened.
just messin wit u bruh. personally i would spend my money on some raw jawnz
January 24, 2013 @ 10:35 PM
primez

just messin with 

just messin wit u bruh. personally i would spend my money on some raw jawnz
I'm actually considering getting myself some raw denim. I'm not an expert on jeans, so my instinct is just to get whatever looks good.
January 25, 2013 @ 07:48 AM
ellemenohpee1031

http://store.kaufmann-mercantile.com/collections/tools-outdoors/products/canvas-waterproofing-wax#
January 25, 2013 @ 08:46 PM
primez

http://store.kaufmann-mercantile.com/collections/tools-outdoors/products/canvas-waterproofing-wax#
Thank you so much for this. I'm thinking of trying it out sometime.

Please login first to reply.