Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
November 26, 2012 @ 04:08 PM
chazzy

Hi guys,

I bought a pair a Gap raw denim a few months back, fit nice and snug without the need for a belt and then over the course of a few months I now need a belt plus it bunches up around back and crotch.

I have only done a warm water soak when I first bought these and that's all I've done.

My question is, should I get them hemmed in the waist now (about an inch) or should I wash them first, then hem? Will the effect on the waist be the same in the end or will the wash shrink them "for good"?

Thanks,

Charles
November 27, 2012 @ 05:36 AM
RiFF RaFF

you didn't size down when you got it or you lost hella weight. buy a new pair but size down more now

Be about it

November 27, 2012 @ 05:36 AM
RiFF RaFF

only cure

Be about it

November 27, 2012 @ 05:45 AM
touchdowntodd

wrong size for real .. but a wash isnt shrinkin em back? should shrink son ... hot soak and dryer

this is why we buy to where top couple buttons dont go together when you first put em on

fukasignature.com ... glad we have these back tho

November 27, 2012 @ 05:46 AM
chazzy

you didn't size down when you got it or you lost hella weight. buy a new pair but size down more now

I did size down but not enough as it turns out. So I guess I ask, should I wash before I bring in the waist or vice versa? Will it even make a difference? What about a hot wash, will it only temporarily shrink it?
November 27, 2012 @ 04:06 PM
chazzy

wrong size for real .. but a wash isnt shrinkin em back? should shrink son ... hot soak and dryer

this is why we buy to where top couple buttons dont go together when you first put em on

Thx for the info. Will know for next time.

Will the hot soak and hang dry in sun (live in shanghai where ppl don't use dryers) temporarily bring them back to size or will they shrink for good?
December 2, 2012 @ 07:52 PM
RiFF RaFF

Thx for the info. Will know for next time.

Will the hot soak and hang dry in sun (live in shanghai where ppl don't use dryers) temporarily bring them back to size or will they shrink for good?

it might fix the problem for a couple of days but realistically just sell them and get a new pair.

Be about it

December 3, 2012 @ 01:01 AM
chazzy

Ok thanks Riff Raff, that's what I was hoping to find the answer to. They were only like $48CAD because of 50% off back in the summer so no point in selling them, I'll take them to my little seamstress around the corner and she can do them up for a buck or 2! Gotta love China =)
December 6, 2012 @ 01:04 PM
chazzy

OK so I went to the little seamstress near me, gave her the raw denim and she measured my waist. Then she sliced the backside, that strip that goes around the waist where the belt runs along, plus cut some other areas by both front side pockets, they fit PERFECT again, just like the day I bought them. 3 bucks!

Please login first to reply.