FALL SALE - 20% OFF - USE CODE: FALL20 (48 HOURS ONLY)
October 27, 2012 @ 06:45 AM
~Parappa~

Anyone have Kamikaze Attack? I just ordered a pair of these,

http://www.tateandyoko.com/1-jeans/315-kamikaze-attack-limited-edition-20oz-deep-indigo-slim-straight.html

20 oz Japanese denim made from Zimbabwe cotton, limited to 24 pairs... $230 isn't all that bad of a price, and other Kamikaze Attack seems to cost about the same.

Why haven't these sold out yet?! Is it a bad brand, known for terrible stitching or something?

I'm gonna give 'em a try. It's a lot of money, but I haven't bought new jeans in a while. As long as they last a year or two I'll be happy.
October 27, 2012 @ 07:01 AM
LckyChrmsBboy

don't know much about them but aren't they fairly new? I'm sure the qualities there and should last you at least 2 yrs depending on what you do in them.

Deff post up some fit pics when you get them
October 31, 2012 @ 09:33 PM
~Parappa~

The jeans arrived by post today. I got the size 34 which actually has a 33 inch waist and that's a bit too tight on me, which is a shame 'cause they don't seem too tight anywhere else. I will have to exchange for a size 36, which has a 35 inch waist.

Any chance that I could just soak em and stretch 'em out..? Nah, I'll probably get burned going in that direction.
October 31, 2012 @ 11:39 PM
~Parappa~

Now I'm wondering if it's such a big deal that the waist is small. The denim is sanforized, so I'm not too worried about it shrinking a lot, and besides it's only tight in the waistband. Everywhere else is fine.

100% cotton denim and 20 oz weight, so probably not super stretchy. But I bet if I wore em for a couple of weeks they'd fit well. Hmm... what to do...
November 1, 2012 @ 12:02 AM
Espresso

Do you have pictures and did you get them hemmed?
November 1, 2012 @ 01:02 AM
~Parappa~

I'll take some pics and post 'em soon. No hemming, the leg size is fine. I haven't even removed the tags yet in case I change my mind.
November 1, 2012 @ 02:50 AM
~Parappa~

November 1, 2012 @ 02:54 AM
~Parappa~

Pics above are with the waist button undone. I can almost get it done up.

They are pretty comfortable, no problem sitting in them even though the denim is stiff. But they come up high into the crotch.

And of course my undies bunched up while I was pulling them on, heh.
November 1, 2012 @ 06:07 AM
RiFF RaFF

just wear it out bro, trust me. they'll be beautiful. i suggest wearing them indoor for the first week or so and then they will be perfect. they don't look too tight.

Be about it

November 1, 2012 @ 03:28 PM
rawincanada

They are pretty comfortable, no problem sitting in them even though the denim is stiff. But they come up high into the crotch.

Dude, I don't mean to get too personal here but you need to get rid of those boxers and find yourself some boxer briefs. Uniqlo makes good ones for cheap.

Keep posting picks as they fade!
November 1, 2012 @ 04:24 PM
~Parappa~

Dude, I don't mean to get too personal here but you need to get rid of those boxers and find yourself some boxer briefs. Uniqlo makes good ones for cheap.

Too true, too true.

Hey, do you know if Uniqlo ships to Canada? Their US web store doesn't say so.
November 1, 2012 @ 05:58 PM
Espresso

Unless he's Markie Mark, AKA Mark Wahlberg, he doesn't need to change his boxers. LOLZ
November 2, 2012 @ 04:23 AM
LckyChrmsBboy

WTF?? Telling someone not to wear boxers? What does it matter?

Anyways if it's only the top button that can't be done then just wear a belt and it'll be covered so no one knows. I suggest you keep them.
November 2, 2012 @ 05:49 PM
rawincanada

WTF?? Telling someone not to wear boxers? What does it matter?

Anyways if it's only the top button that can't be done then just wear a belt and it'll be covered so no one knows. I suggest you keep them.

Well Parappa agreed with me re the boxers... I just meant that with slim/skinny jeans its silly to wear baggy boxers that will ride up and make your jeans uncomfortable. Since boxer-briefs have been invented, you get the best of both worlds.

I don't mean to go off-topic. I'll post some pics of my KA jeans shortly...
November 3, 2012 @ 03:37 AM
LckyChrmsBboy

So for those of you who have KA how do you like them so far? Pretty good jeans or what?
November 3, 2012 @ 07:24 PM
~Parappa~

So for those of you who have KA how do you like them so far? Pretty good jeans or what?

My only other raw denim experience is with Naked & Famous and Levis shrink-to-fit. I'm new at it. Will post pics of my KA jeans as they progress.

I managed to get my KA jeans buttoned all of the way up today, woo. The rise on them feels super low. To get the top button I had to pull em up, button 'em, and pull em back down to where they're comfortable. I wish they had more room in the crotch.

The fabric itself is great. Heavy and stiff, irregular and hairy. A bit slubby and a little bit of nep.

I also have the N&F Elephant 2 jeans and my only complaint with those is that the denim is too regular--no character at all, except for being heavy. These KA jeans are the cure for that. I like heavy denim but I don't want to pay $300+ for it.

Unbranded is coming out with 21 oz jeans for under $100, supposedly. I expect that, like the Elephant jeans, they'll be a super regular fabric with no slub or hairiness. The brassy buttons are a nice touch, and it's supposed to have a blue selvedge line. If they're as cheap as they claim, I'll definitely buy a pair. Then I'm done collecting jeans for at least a year.

Anyone else keep telling themselves that they're not buying any more denim for a while, and just keep coming back? smile
November 25, 2012 @ 05:02 AM
~Parappa~

Bit of an update... I was continuing to wear my Kamikaze Attack jeans occasionally, but something I started to notice was that whenever I wore them for a long time I would start to get tingling in my fingers and toes, and I'd get a headache. At first I thought it was just my imagination, or that I was recovering from a cold virus, but it happened consistently enough that I got paranoid about it being something about the jeans. I was only wearing them a couple of times a week, and I only felt bad on days that I wore them.

I could think of two possible explanations: the jeans were cutting off my circulation, or there's some chemical on them that I was reacting to. They didn't pinch anywhere and I didn't have any rashes or anything crazy like that, so it seemed like a long shot. Still, I figured that if it was either of those problems, a soak would probably help fix it.

So today I finally got around to soaking 'em, in my bathtub. Normally I wouldn't bother turning em inside out for a tub soak because I've always heard that indigo loss isn't a problem unless they're tumbling in the wash, but because part of the purpose of this soak was to draw chemicals out of them, I figured it might help a little to have them inside-out.

I soaked 'em in warm water (not hot) for 20 minutes, and when I pulled them out the water was a little bit yellow, which surprised me. I was expecting blue from the indigo or something like that. Starch, maybe? I decided to do another quick rinse just to be safe, so I soaked another 15 mins in warm water and this time the water barely changed color at all. Good sign, I figure.

I dried the jeans until they were just damp and then turned them back right-side out, with some difficulty. As you'd expect, they were all shrunken in their wet state, and really stiff. I climbed into them and wore 'em damp for a few hours to try and stretch 'em out a little, particularly in the hips. Was careful not to bend the knees too much--I could tell that I was gonna get big-time knee bags if I did that. Couldn't even come close to getting the top button done up, but that's alright. There was some indigo on my calves when I took them off, and the denim does smell kinda chemically still, but I didn't feel sick or anything after wearing them.

The jeans will finish drying overnight and I'll try wearing them again tomorrow for a while, see how that goes. Right now they're still molded in the shape of my legs, like a plaster cast or something. It's pretty cool, and will probably help them to dry out faster inside. If they get comfortable enough I'll start wearing them regularly, at least until summer.
November 27, 2012 @ 03:42 AM
yyyy2999

I just bought these 3 days ago, no word on tracking number for delivery....how long did it take you to receive your jeans?
November 27, 2012 @ 05:35 PM
rawincanada

Bit of an update... I was continuing to wear my Kamikaze Attack jeans occasionally, but something I started to notice was that whenever I wore them for a long time I would start to get tingling in my fingers and toes, and I'd get a headache. At first I thought it was just my imagination, or that I was recovering from a cold virus, but it happened consistently enough that I got paranoid about it being something about the jeans. I was only wearing them a couple of times a week, and I only felt bad on days that I wore them.

I could think of two possible explanations: the jeans were cutting off my circulation, or there's some chemical on them that I was reacting to. They didn't pinch anywhere and I didn't have any rashes or anything crazy like that, so it seemed like a long shot. Still, I figured that if it was either of those problems, a soak would probably help fix it.

So today I finally got around to soaking 'em, in my bathtub. Normally I wouldn't bother turning em inside out for a tub soak because I've always heard that indigo loss isn't a problem unless they're tumbling in the wash, but because part of the purpose of this soak was to draw chemicals out of them, I figured it might help a little to have them inside-out.

I soaked 'em in warm water (not hot) for 20 minutes, and when I pulled them out the water was a little bit yellow, which surprised me. I was expecting blue from the indigo or something like that. Starch, maybe? I decided to do another quick rinse just to be safe, so I soaked another 15 mins in warm water and this time the water barely changed color at all. Good sign, I figure.

I dried the jeans until they were just damp and then turned them back right-side out, with some difficulty. As you'd expect, they were all shrunken in their wet state, and really stiff. I climbed into them and wore 'em damp for a few hours to try and stretch 'em out a little, particularly in the hips. Was careful not to bend the knees too much--I could tell that I was gonna get big-time knee bags if I did that. Couldn't even come close to getting the top button done up, but that's alright. There was some indigo on my calves when I took them off, and the denim does smell kinda chemically still, but I didn't feel sick or anything after wearing them.

The jeans will finish drying overnight and I'll try wearing them again tomorrow for a while, see how that goes. Right now they're still molded in the shape of my legs, like a plaster cast or something. It's pretty cool, and will probably help them to dry out faster inside. If they get comfortable enough I'll start wearing them regularly, at least until summer.

That would be a cool photo... the jeans suspended looking like a plaster cast of your legs. Lets see a photo...
November 28, 2012 @ 05:16 AM
~Parappa~

Some new pics. You can kinda see the rigid form, but it's not as extreme as when they were still wet.

This is may a week and a half of wear time, one soak.

November 28, 2012 @ 05:18 AM
~Parappa~

I just bought these 3 days ago, no word on tracking number for delivery....how long did it take you to receive your jeans?

Took about a week, I think. Maybe they're slammed for the holidays? I think they're having a big sale on Paulrose Products.
November 28, 2012 @ 05:29 AM
~Parappa~

So I've been wearing these jeans all day for the past couple of days. To keep 'em comfortable, I've been leaving the top button undone (I sit most of the day) and using a belt instead, but then doing up the top button for a while at night. I think the waist will stretch out after a while and I'll be able to wear them without a belt all of the time.

As I said already, they're very low rise and the legs are short. I got a size 34 but they fit like a size 32. Tons of indigo on these suckers too.
November 28, 2012 @ 09:13 PM
yyyy2999

short? how tall are you, hope they're not too short for me.
November 29, 2012 @ 11:42 PM
yyyy2999

Just got these, they are so stiff its really uncomforatable
December 1, 2012 @ 06:34 AM
~Parappa~

Just got these, they are so stiff its really uncomforatable

They will definitely soften up. One thing I love about heavy denim is that on the first day you can barely walk in them, but after a couple of weeks you forget that they were ever difficult to move in.

I'm tempted to save my Kamikaze Attack jeans for the Heavyweight Denim Championship Round 2:

http://www.rawrdenim.com/2012/11/heavyweight-denim-championship-round-2-hwdc2/

But that would mean not wearing them any more until April. I probably won't do that, haha.
December 1, 2012 @ 04:02 PM
yyyy2999

Yea hopefully they'll soften up soon, i can almost get the top button done, and you're right, the rise is super low. Does that get better? lol. And yea i heard about that competition but i can't wait to wear em.
December 2, 2012 @ 11:11 PM
~Parappa~

Yea hopefully they'll soften up soon, i can almost get the top button done, and you're right, the rise is super low. Does that get better? lol. And yea i heard about that competition but i can't wait to wear em.

I don't think the rise will get better... I dunno, though. Never had jeans with rise this low before. I think it gets better in the sense that you get used to wearing them so low, but not in the sense that it stretches out vertically.
December 4, 2012 @ 04:09 AM
yyyy2999

I don't think the rise will get better... I dunno, though. Never had jeans with rise this low before. I think it gets better in the sense that you get used to wearing them so low, but not in the sense that it stretches out vertically.
Do you ever have issues sitting in em? the rise is so low that when you sit its pretty uncomfortable razz
December 4, 2012 @ 07:23 PM
beast_de_hype

I'm happy someone else feels the same way... they are uncomfortable for me to sit in but I kinda just beared with it for awhile... its getting better but still :/
December 4, 2012 @ 08:39 PM
RiFF RaFF

i'd be fucked with my nuts. i have problems with the rise of the apc's new standards.

goodluck to everyone wearing them and don't constrict your balls too much. you'll need them later in life

Be about it

Please login first to reply.