Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
September 12, 2012 @ 05:15 AM
traggi

Sup HB, I've always shopped in person because I was always paranoid about buying things I've never tried on before. However, with so many new and interesting stores being accessible only through online avenues, I'm deciding to get with the times. I'm looking to get some N&F Weird Guy Raws. Looking at my measurements against the measurements of the site, I should be a tag size 30. However, I'm not sure if I should go strictly with my measurements, or to go up a bit so that the pants aren't skin tight.

Basically, I'm asking if the jean's measurements are what the jeans measure at, or if that's the size leg they're made for. Any help would be appreciated!
September 12, 2012 @ 05:16 AM
Midnite

Can't you just post in the N&F thread....
September 12, 2012 @ 05:22 AM
traggi

Can't you just post in the N&F thread....

No, because the N&F is just an example. I need to know the general rule for this for future purchases as well. N&F is only one of the brands I'm considering.
September 12, 2012 @ 05:29 AM
Midnite

Ohh, ok because you just talked about N&F in this post. But the general thing about raw denim is that the measurements they provide are pre-soak/wash. So for example a pair of denim measurement would say waist is 28, but if you soak/wash after purchase and wear them for about 3 weeks to a month they will stretch out to a 29 or more.
September 12, 2012 @ 05:32 AM
traggi

Ohh, ok because you just talked about N&F in this post. But the general thing about raw denim is that the measurements they provide are pre-soak/wash. So for example a pair of denim measurement would say waist is 28, but if you soak/wash after purchase and wear them for about 3 weeks to a month they will stretch out to a 29 or more.

What if the person's measurements were exactly that of said 28? Would the jeans be skinny from the get go?

Wearing really slim jeans isn't my style - a slim fit is good, but skinny is out of the question.
September 12, 2012 @ 05:37 AM
Midnite

Not necessarily, it really depends which style/brand you go with, but say you got for a slim fit of a brand, probably will feel a bit tighter than you'd like in the beginning but they will stretch out after couple weeks of wear
September 12, 2012 @ 05:46 AM
It's Only Hype

Sup HB, I've always shopped in person because I was always paranoid about buying things I've never tried on before. However, with so many new and interesting stores being accessible only through online avenues, I'm deciding to get with the times. I'm looking to get some N&F Weird Guy Raws. Looking at my measurements against the measurements of the site, I should be a tag size 30. However, I'm not sure if I should go strictly with my measurements, or to go up a bit so that the pants aren't skin tight.

Basically, I'm asking if the jean's measurements are what the jeans measure at, or if that's the size leg they're made for. Any help would be appreciated!

uhh yeah that's usually what measurements are for. However, tagged [waist] sizes might actually vary. A lot of the denim sites do have the actual measurements though, so pay attention to hose

Please login first to reply.