SALE - Up to 70% Off - Shop Now
September 3, 2012 @ 12:19 AM
colinst16

Hey everyone,

I recently picked up 3 pairs of raw denim, and am excited to start the journey of wearing them in and making them my own. Right now I'm storing them folded in half, laying down on a shelf. It isn't exactly efficient, and I'm wondering if keeping them folded, like so:
will be bad for them. I've never had raw denim before, so I really don't know what to expect, but I would really like them to break in and mold to me, so I can get the most out of them. Will keeping them folded while not in use affect the way they break in and mold?

Thanks for any and all help, excited to be a part of Hypebeast!
September 3, 2012 @ 12:21 AM
Gentry

This belongs in the small questions thread. Regardless, you are thinking too hard about it. It doesn't matter how you store them.
September 3, 2012 @ 12:29 AM
colinst16

Thanks Gentry, didn't even notice the small questions thread. I'm sure you're right, I just don't want to wreck them in any way, but I guess folding wouldn't do that. Thanks for your help.
September 3, 2012 @ 12:34 AM
LckyChrmsBboy

you'll be fine storing them like that. Stores keep them like that on the shelves most of the time. The only thing that will happen is you'll have creases where they're folded but will go away once they've been broken in.

You can also buy bottom hangers and hang them which is what I do.
September 3, 2012 @ 09:00 PM
Yeltsew

Nah, don't leave em folded like that. They'll fade into those lines

best way to store em is to just sleep in em, gets the most fades asap too

Looking for in size 8.5-9 003 Authentics/Chukka PM ME!

September 3, 2012 @ 09:43 PM
Gentry

^ Get back to the bathroom cleaning brotha.
September 3, 2012 @ 09:55 PM
Fedora Overlord

dude if you're new to raw denim why the fuck did you get 3 pairs? just keep the pair you like the most and take the others back.
September 4, 2012 @ 05:53 AM
LckyChrmsBboy

Well, actually depends on the color/shade of the jeans he got. If they're all pretty much the same shade then yes, return two of them.
September 5, 2012 @ 12:19 AM
Midnite

I think he misunderstood why people buy raw denim, it's to wear "ONE" pair like it's your only pair of denim, you won't get the results of fading if you rotate between 3 pairs. On the topic of storing, I would actually hang them.

Please login first to reply.