Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
July 28, 2012 @ 01:33 AM
premeium

I'm a small dude, 5'6 130lbs. Wait is like a 29. Always rocked levi's 511s and some other random jeans until now. Want to get into the raw denim game. Looking to pick up like two pairs before I head back to school. What shades of jeans do I want to look into t that will be versatile and go with almost any fit?

What brand and fit should I get? Seems like APC and N&F are the frontrunners? Just looking to cop two quality pairs that will last me and be good. Don't like skin tight stuff, but slim is good.

Someone point me in the right direction please? Also, how would I size since I know stretching goes on and what not.

Thanks HB
July 28, 2012 @ 07:06 PM
bak.

Cheers,

apc and n&f is a good choice for the beginning. you can also have a look at unbrandeds. they are made by n&f without logos and shit. qualitywise they are the same but the price is lower.

for the fit: it depends whether you want a tapered pair (being a bit loose in the thigharea but tapering down to the leg opening which would be the weird guy fit from n&f.
or the slim guys which are slim all the way from the top to the bottom.

here is an example of my weird guys, sized down 1.
You can also check the apc/n&f threads for different fits/sizing infos.

Beste Grüße aus Deutschland!

July 29, 2012 @ 01:56 AM
havok...

i feel like this gets asked alll the time. but either way...

i feel like N&F is real gimmicky with their scratch and sniff, glow in the dark, pomegranate dye, etc etc. it just turns me off the brand as a whole. i had a pair of Weird Guys that i pretty much just bought out of impulse. after those, i went to Self Edge and bought some 3sixteens. dropped a little more money, the quality was much better than the N&F.
as far as "shades" go, theres really only one shade...raw indigo. and that goes with pretty much everything. idk why youd want 2 pairs of the same color...if i were you, id cop some raws, and then maybe some black/khaki/or some nice distressed denim. to switch it up, yknow?
and for the stretching/shrinking it all depends on the brand. APC/N&F stretch, while Samurais and other brands shrink.
and it depends how much you wanna spend. N&F will run you a little over 100, 3sixteen would be over 200, and Samurais over 300. you got a lot of options. check out the threads and narrow it down. dont be afraid to spend the money (if you have it) cuz in the end, itll be worth it.
July 29, 2012 @ 02:31 AM
LckyChrmsBboy

all denim stretches...Samurais are Shrink to Fit like Levi's STF. N&F/ APC are sanforized so they don't need a presoak since they wont shrink much.

Just decide on a budget and search through the forums till you find something that you like and do a little more research on sizing, etc.
August 1, 2012 @ 09:20 PM
dlanon

I need some help. I'm 5 ft tall and weight about 125-130. What's the best raw denim fit would you guys suggest?
August 2, 2012 @ 03:49 AM
LckyChrmsBboy

what kind of stupid question is that? There's no best fit...it's all about what the wearer prefers, loose, slim, skinny, etc.

How the hell are we suppose to know if you like skinny jeans or baggy???
August 2, 2012 @ 09:25 AM
mike3519

I need some help. I'm 5 ft tall and weight about 125-130. What's the best raw denim fit would you guys suggest?

dude you are on the short side so i would suggest staying away from baggy jeans and jeans that are too skinny. They will accentuate your shortness. Get some tapered jeans and hem them properly to a good length! That is all anyone can advise
August 2, 2012 @ 02:35 PM

Inactive

@lckychrmsbboy why you gotta be such an ass about it? Not everyone is an expert about jeans
August 6, 2012 @ 04:15 AM
LckyChrmsBboy

you don't have to be an expert..but how are you going to ask a question like that with out telling anyone what kind of fit you prefer. what if someone thinks a brand that has a butt ass tight fit is the best fitting pair and then he decides to buys them and ends up thinking wtf is this shit?

And everyone has different opinions so that's why i said it's what ever the person prefers
August 10, 2012 @ 04:15 AM
deburg

need some help... im looking for some new denim that might fit similarly to a levi 514, maybe a bit slimmer. seems that most raw denim i find is pretty skinny and im not really trying to get skinny jeans. i like the slim straight look personally, so what are some decent brands and styles that fit this description? thanks a lot.
August 10, 2012 @ 11:31 AM
stephensmith

These things totally depend on personal choice...some like to wear skin fit some may not it depends on what suits.

load board

movers LA

Please login first to reply.