HALLOWEEN SALE - UP TO 25% OFF - USE CODE: NOTRICKS14 (24 HOURS LEFT)
February 9, 2012 @ 06:07 PM
tedmosby

For those of you who don't know what I mean by sand papering, refer to the first portion of this video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRxUNnXZkRs

Just asking out of curiosity, what do you guys think about sand papering ("Cheating" your fades) on your raw denims. I understand both sides. I understand some people must wear suits 5 days a week and have no time to break in their jeans, and I also understand the fun of personalizing of your raw denims. So guys, what's your opinions?

Also for you guys that have tried sand papering your jeans, how did they turn out? Are the fades still looking good after wearing them a crap load of more times?
February 9, 2012 @ 06:15 PM
im_shy

sandpapered fades look really fake, might as well buy some diesel or hollister jeans if you want that look.
February 9, 2012 @ 07:09 PM
Midnite

Why buy raw if your going to sandpaper. smdh.
February 9, 2012 @ 08:07 PM
internet

Why buy raw if your going to sandpaper. smdh.

^truth

Sandpapering is some weak stuff. Purchasing pre-distressed denim such as saddlemans is a much better option if you like that look.
February 9, 2012 @ 08:33 PM
bak.

I understand some people must wear suits 5 days a week and have no time to break in their jeans, and I also understand the fun of personalizing of your raw denims. So guys, what's your opinions?

I don't really see the point.
You can still wear denim after work and on weekends.
sure it takes somewhat longer but during this time you can enjoy the nice and rich look of the deep indigo..

Beste Grüße aus Deutschland!

March 2, 2012 @ 12:33 AM
vinylscratch

It's already been said above, but there is no reason to sandpaper your raw denim. I understand that people that do use sandpaper want that pre-distressed look along with the quality of selvedge denim, but I personally believe that if you pre-distress your denim, then you're not going to be wearing them everyday and thus you won't need to have selvedge quality.

You're much better off buying Abercrombie & Fitch, True Religion, Rock Revival, Boss, Armani Jeans, or D&G if you want decent looking pre-distressed fades (please note: of course there are no better fades than wearing a pair of raws every day, but the brands I've listed above I have all purchased in the past prior to my "raw denim ONLY days," and I have found that their fades are well done as far as pre-distressing goes). Please, if you're gonna have pre-distressed denim, let the pros do it for you. Otherwise, remain a denim purist and stay raw.
March 2, 2012 @ 11:30 PM
Evolve

i tried it on my 501's after i had already worn them back in HS, I just hit the spots that already had fades and it turned out nice. But if you don't know what fades look like... dont do it. its gonna look like some dumb shit. And like i said, i did this only to my cheap jeans, Natural fades are far superior. bitch.
March 13, 2012 @ 03:20 AM
Jbozz

I'm in the unique postion that my ball sack is made from sandpaper (fine grit) and my dream job as a sand pile humper really allows me to sand all I need without "cheating"
March 13, 2012 @ 10:19 AM
LckyChrmsBboy

i think it's fine if that's what you want to do. I mean some people might want to have a more unique pre distressed pair. Doing it themselves will at least have the distressed parts in the right places.

I would rather just wait and have the denim wear with age.
March 13, 2012 @ 08:31 PM
mike3519

DONT DO IT!!
March 14, 2012 @ 06:06 AM
kangbang

I did that with my Naked and Famous broken twills. I don't recommend doing it. Not that they turned out bad, they still look half decent. I wore my N&F for 5.5 months straight before sandpapering them a little. Sand paper fades don't look as nice as natural fades. When I get a pair of APC, I'm not gonna sand paper them. Just wear
March 17, 2012 @ 05:15 AM
gotlighters

I remember when I worked in retail in 05, AE jeans were sold w/ sandpaper for the consumer to apply fades. what the fuck were they thinking... the reason for the fades is because it's unique to how you wear it.

selling NWOT diamond yacht tank and NWOT crate denim

March 17, 2012 @ 02:46 PM
thoroprod

DONT DO IT!!

http://thoroprod.org

March 21, 2012 @ 05:07 AM
Walter White

you should be ashamed if you use sandpaper

WTB - Good $ For - University Oxford Camp/Shirt, Any Motion Logos (shirt, hoody, snapback, parka) Selling - Nike SB All Leather Backpack

Please login first to reply.