LckyChrmsBboy

Start off with sizing down two from your waist size and exchange if needed
May 8, 2013 @ 04:16 PM
alliancewill

Start off with sizing down two from your waist size and exchange if needed
thanks
May 8, 2013 @ 10:43 PM
Coldchain

Just got my New Standards back from Denim Therapy.
Before:

After:

Tumblr: patrickromain.tumblr.com Instagram: @patrickromain Twitter: @patrickromainjr

May 11, 2013 @ 02:29 PM
vinylscratch

Just got my New Standards back from Denim Therapy.
Before:

After:
That's some neatly-done repair work (from the outside view, at least). Is that guaze material really an effective reinforcement? I got mine repaired at USA 501 and they just did darning--no reinforcement-- and now they need repaired again 3 months later on the areas surrounding the repairs. I'm trying to decide if I should ask them to reinforce them this time, and if so with what...
May 14, 2013 @ 11:37 AM
majerle_marl

What's up guys, Im going to New York next week and I have plans to pick up my first pair of apc demin, Im a skinny guy so I want to know which model apcs are the skinnest fit? Thanks in advance.
May 15, 2013 @ 03:10 AM
LckyChrmsBboy

Prb PS but some say NC are overall skinnier.since youre going to the store just try em all on. NS can be pretty skinny too
May 15, 2013 @ 03:58 AM
majerle_marl

Ok, I've been told to size down 2 sizes with the petite standards due to stretching, does that same method apply with the new cures? Do they stretch at all? 
May 16, 2013 @ 12:35 AM
rabbitman

Ok, I've been told to size down 2 sizes with the petite standards due to stretching, does that same method apply with the new cures? Do they stretch at all? 
just use measurement charts, you can find some at the context clothing website and account for some stretch in the waist

be careful what you pretend to be

May 25, 2013 @ 09:23 AM
LckyChrmsBboy

People normally size down 2 due to the jeans being vanity sized and to account for some stretch. i would pick a size that's comfortable in the thighs since that area won't stretch much. Wearing a belt will keep the waist from stretching too much so don't worry about that. Mine are really snug on my waist and still wear a belt pretty much all the time and have gotten .5 inch of stretch.
June 5, 2013 @ 03:49 AM
jasonxmartinez

Best way to wash? Anyone please help. I am a new owner of a pair of A.P.C denim.

twitter: @jasonxmartinez

June 5, 2013 @ 06:12 PM
DaPark

http://www.rawrdenim.com/2011/03/how-to-wash-and-clean-your-raw-denim-tips-instructions-video/
I followed this method and vids are at the bottom if you need any visual reference

hb weindis "No wonder drake makes love songs. Seeing all these 10's around toronto. damn. Just gained alot of dislike for my city."

June 5, 2013 @ 07:45 PM
stephensturges

Hey everyone,

I picked up a pair of Petit New Standards about 4 months ago and I have having some significant problems already.
I have been wearing them close to everyday for the last 4 months and I have been seeing some excellent fading and the fit is now perfect (sz 30, sized down 2) but I already have a crotch blow out something else that I have never seen. The stitch line going down from the J stitch to the actual legs blew out as well as the arch stitch on the actual legs. The fit I have is great and I love the jeans but frankly this is rather disappointing for me considering it has only been 4 months.

I want to get this repaired but not sure who to send them to. I live in Konstanz, Germany and I would be willing to travel to get these repaired.

If you have any suggestions, I would love to hear. Maybe this is just a fluke with APC? Pretty disappointing considering they cost 145 euro.  
June 6, 2013 @ 01:29 AM
jasonxmartinez

Hey everyone,

I picked up a pair of Petit New Standards about 4 months ago and I have having some significant problems already.
I have been wearing them close to everyday for the last 4 months and I have been seeing some excellent fading and the fit is now perfect (sz 30, sized down 2) but I already have a crotch blow out something else that I have never seen. The stitch line going down from the J stitch to the actual legs blew out as well as the arch stitch on the actual legs. The fit I have is great and I love the jeans but frankly this is rather disappointing for me considering it has only been 4 months.

I want to get this repaired but not sure who to send them to. I live in Konstanz, Germany and I would be willing to travel to get these repaired.

If you have any suggestions, I would love to hear. Maybe this is just a fluke with APC? Pretty disappointing considering they cost 145 euro.  
I believe if you take them to any A.P.C. boutique, they will take them and sell you a new pair for half the price. But if that is not what you are looking to do, I would take them to a place that does alterations where they can patch them or do whatever needs to be done. That would probably be cheaper? 

twitter: @jasonxmartinez

June 6, 2013 @ 06:15 PM
SkinnyGuapo

Finally getting my first pair of PS but was wondering the true difference between petit standard and petit new standard. Also, I wear a 30x32 in 511 levis, and bought a size 29 PS. should I exchange them for a 28 or am I good? advice? thanks!
June 24, 2013 @ 07:46 PM
markd26

Hey, I bought my APC's back in mid February of this year and have been wearing them every days since. I work at a bar and have been wearing the crap out of them. They have obviously gotten pretty dirty and I am very tempted to wash them now even though I am about one month and a half away from my 6 month goal of not washing them. However since I have actually worn them all day every day since buying them (except fot maybe 5 days) I feel like they probably have more wear than many people who have owned them longer than I have. Should I wash them now or hold out another month or two for extra nice results?
June 24, 2013 @ 10:50 PM
RiFF RaFF

Hey, I bought my APC's back in mid February of this year and have been wearing them every days since. I work at a bar and have been wearing the crap out of them. They have obviously gotten pretty dirty and I am very tempted to wash them now even though I am about one month and a half away from my 6 month goal of not washing them. However since I have actually worn them all day every day since buying them (except fot maybe 5 days) I feel like they probably have more wear than many people who have owned them longer than I have. Should I wash them now or hold out another month or two for extra nice results?
just do a warm soak with some woolite black. your fades will be chillin

Be about it

June 25, 2013 @ 12:38 AM
DripStoney

Just ordered my first pair of APC's. I was just curious if the PNS 26 would be a good fit for my true waist 28. Any feedback will be helpful .
June 25, 2013 @ 04:57 AM
KimoSabe

has anyone ever drycleaned their denim? any input would be appreciated
July 1, 2013 @ 12:45 PM
Insomniac

APC suggests a first wash dry cleaning..

Just got some new APCs:
New vs. 4 yrs old (2 soaks, 8 washes, many repairs)
July 1, 2013 @ 07:53 PM
iHateDumbHoes

APC suggests a first wash dry cleaning..

Just got some new APCs:
New vs. 4 yrs old (2 soaks, 8 washes, many repairs)
the color on your 4 yr pair is amazing
July 6, 2013 @ 07:54 AM
dontgiveafuck

Anyone ever try the flat black pairs of APC's?
July 6, 2013 @ 08:10 AM
LckyChrmsBboy

Which is the "flat" black pair??
July 7, 2013 @ 11:26 AM
Fibrelight

APC x Kanye collection being revealed on the 14th of July

The denim looks like it has a promising wash
July 17, 2013 @ 01:53 PM
Patrick Guay

Thanks for all the useful info here. I have been flirting with getting a pair of Petit Standards for awhile. A friend of mine says to size down 2 but I went to a store to find a pair, and while they didn't have the petits in stock I tried on the New Standards in 31 (I'm regularly a size 32) and they didn't even come close to fitting. They said they wont be getting any stock anytime soon so online is my only option. I'm a little gun shy to order the 32 size seeing as everyone sizes down. Any advice here?
July 19, 2013 @ 03:46 AM
dontgiveafuck

Thanks for all the useful info here. I have been flirting with getting a pair of Petit Standards for awhile. A friend of mine says to size down 2 but I went to a store to find a pair, and while they didn't have the petits in stock I tried on the New Standards in 31 (I'm regularly a size 32) and they didn't even come close to fitting. They said they wont be getting any stock anytime soon so online is my only option. I'm a little gun shy to order the 32 size seeing as everyone sizes down. Any advice here?
Measure your waist with a measuring tape and whatever that number is, size down 1. You can't compare the sizes you wear in other jeans with what you'll wear with APC's.
July 25, 2013 @ 10:14 PM
shtcam

Could you button up?
Also take in mind that dry denim stretches with more wear - double it by fact that APCs stretch really well compared to others
August 1, 2013 @ 12:57 AM
Bo D

Not sure how active this board is, but could I get a fit check on these 32 New Standards?  My ass and thighs are really big for my waist so I'm having trouble finding raws that fit.  Right now, the waist is loose on these, but I don't think I could go down a size for the butt and thighs, any advice?  

Side
August 1, 2013 @ 03:27 AM
radiobox

Not sure how active this board is, but could I get a fit check on these 32 New Standards?  My ass and thighs are really big for my waist so I'm having trouble finding raws that fit.  Right now, the waist is loose on these, but I don't think I could go down a size for the butt and thighs, any advice?  

Side
Waist looks tight to me hah, did you size down from your regular at all? also looks like you'd be able to get away with another size down, all down to preference bud.
August 5, 2013 @ 05:40 PM
backlikethat

Side

those look pretty tight. def. dont dize down. if anything try one size up.
August 6, 2013 @ 02:18 AM
handonam

Are the recent APC denim materials still good quality?  I've been hearing from someone that they sourced their denim elsewhere now, and the quality isn't as good.  Anyone have any ideas on this?  I figured they were still sourcing from Kaihara.

Please login first to reply.