Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
February 8, 2012 @ 12:11 AM
keedvin

A little more than a year of wear. Retiring?
February 8, 2012 @ 12:54 AM

Inactive

^ What are those?
February 8, 2012 @ 01:59 AM
based-world

i was thinking of soaking my petit standards that are kind of tight, if do decide to soak will it make it more tighter or looser??
February 8, 2012 @ 02:36 AM
keedvin

They're PS. And soaking pretty much won't do anything. They're sanforized. If you want them to stretch out a lot, soak em and wear them after.
February 8, 2012 @ 04:32 AM
based-world

does soaking prevent future fades
February 8, 2012 @ 05:12 AM
himynameisblank

no it does not you'll just lose some rigidity which help form creases, but it will not prevent future fades if you wear them everyday

http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/164188 Elephants $100 Shipped http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/162862/? topic_page=1#post-329240

February 8, 2012 @ 05:44 AM
trevxv3

a pure soak, with out any detergent to help the denim retain indigo, will cause indigo loss and will decrease contrast. I would not recommend a soak until after you have done a wash

SATIRE GANG OR MOW YOUR LAWN FOR FREE

February 8, 2012 @ 06:24 AM
based-world

a pure soak, with out any detergent to help the denim retain indigo, will cause indigo loss and will decrease contrast. I would not recommend a soak until after you have done a wash

isnt a soak and wash the same thing?
i just wanted them to get looser, without preventing any fades. so i should soak them with detergent then?
February 8, 2012 @ 08:33 AM
Reno

Soaking: puttin your jeans in the bathtub, add cold/warm/hot water for 1/2 hour (minimal-max shrinkage depends on temperature).Mostly done to get initial shrinkage out. You don't add washing powder or soap, so the indigo loss is minimal(during the hot soak) but starch washes out.
Washing: throwing them in the machine/rinsing your jeans
Do a hot soak.. but either way you'll lose your indigo/rigidity and mayb some slight fades appear ~
February 8, 2012 @ 09:03 AM
vinylscratch

Soaking: puttin your jeans in the bathtub, add cold/warm/hot water for 1/2 hour (minimal-max shrinkage depends on temperature).Mostly done to get initial shrinkage out. You don't add washing powder or soap, so the indigo loss is minimal(during the hot soak) but starch washes out.
Washing: throwing them in the machine/rinsing your jeans
Do a hot soak.. but either way you'll lose your indigo/rigidity and mayb some slight fades appear ~

This. Although, most people do a wash the same as a soak (in the bathtub) since there's less agitation and therefore less indigo loss & creases have a better chance of staying intact, while preventing any new ones from forming. Personally, I wouldn't use the machine, but to each their own (that's why it's your own denim!)

^^ Love the fit.

you cant judge a pair when their brand new imo.
you have to think about how it'll look after its done stretching...

just get a belt
waist stretch = solved

the thighs stretch, too. so you have another problem.

Yeah, I agree with both of these. I think a belt is fine if your jeans are an inch too big, but if the waist is 2+ inches too big you just have some ill-fitting jeans and a belt is not going to take care of that.

A little more than a year of wear. Retiring?

Those are looking great! But from those shots, they look like they still have a decent amount of life in them... if you are tired with them, then by all means move on to a new pair, but I don't think you should retire those for good. Personally, I think they could be worked on a bit more, even if you decide to come back to them again later.
February 8, 2012 @ 03:33 PM
trevxv3

isnt a soak and wash the same thing?
i just wanted them to get looser, without preventing any fades. so i should soak them with detergent then?

only washing and soaking WAYYYY too early will do that too you. I learned the hard way with my first pair of denim that if you start soaking and washing early and often to make the jeans fit, then your results will be horrific. Sometimes you just have to be like "damn, these jeans stretched and fit like shit i just wasted 200 fucking bucks" or get them tailored

edit: oh You wanna get them looser!?!? then do not wash them!!! just wear them

February 10, 2012 @ 01:31 AM
Yeltsew

Based World Do not hot soak. Do not even soak. Just wear em, they'll get looser. And soaking takes off the starch of the jeans, making the jeans open to the air, making them easier to fade, IMO.

Looking for in size 8.5-9 003 Authentics/Chukka PM ME!

February 13, 2012 @ 01:25 AM
vinylscratch

Based World Do not hot soak. Do not even soak. Just wear em, they'll get looser. And soaking takes off the starch of the jeans, making the jeans open to the air, making them easier to fade, IMO.

Here's how I read this: don't soak, but here's a good reason to anyway. XD Haha I know what you're trying to say, it was just funny to read.

You do make a good point about fades, but for his purposes all he wants to do is loosen them up. So I think the consensus should be that they should definitely NOT be soaked or washed at this point, especially since he wants the fit to be looser.

Based World, Washing/soaking makes the fibers contract, thus making them tighter no matter which way you do it (hot, cold, with soap, without, etc.). So if you want them to loosen up, just wear them. If you want to loosen them up faster, do some athletic activities in them like running, working out, sports, or whatever you're into.
February 14, 2012 @ 06:06 AM
buffaloclone

hit me up with some NS size 31s

http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/221009#4496439 IRONHEART,RAYBANS&CUSTOM LEATHER BUY MY SHIT http://dogfart69.tumblr.com/

February 15, 2012 @ 03:31 AM
bik2101

i just bougth a pair of PS in size 28

i own NS in 28 and NC in 29, so from what i've read, i was supposed to get the same size in PS as NS. but trying to get the PS on, it's incredibly tight, i can just get the bottom button done and nothing else.

will i be able to get them stretched out enough? or do i need to just size up?
February 15, 2012 @ 05:57 AM
Yeltsew

Bik2101 - Size up.

February 15, 2012 @ 09:39 AM
vinylscratch

i own NS in 28 and NC in 29, so from what i've read, i was supposed to get the same size in PS as NS. but trying to get the PS on, it's incredibly tight, i can just get the bottom button done and nothing else.

You should definitely size up. I don't know where you read that you should size PS and NS the same, because that's bad advice. If anything, you would want to size PS and NC similarly, since their fits are closer to eachother.

If you can only get the bottom buttoned up, then a size up is necessary. A 29 should be fine, but if you bought them at a store I would try on a 30 as well just to make sure before you purchase (remember, you should either not be able to button the top or just barely be able to button it for what is considered an ideal fit).
February 15, 2012 @ 05:45 PM
bik2101

Bik2101 - Size up.

You should definitely size up. I don't know where you read that you should size PS and NS the same, because that's bad advice. If anything, you would want to size PS and NC similarly, since their fits are closer to eachother.

If you can only get the bottom buttoned up, then a size up is necessary. A 29 should be fine, but if you bought them at a store I would try on a 30 as well just to make sure before you purchase (remember, you should either not be able to button the top or just barely be able to button it for what is considered an ideal fit).

thanks for the advice. i read that the PS is bigger in the top block than the NC which is why some people said to size NS and PS the same. but yeah, i tried again yesterday and while laying down i was able to get them all buttoned up, a struggle, but it was done. so i think it might be fine to keep these right? as long as they can be buttoned up, then i can get them to stretch a bit (i thinkconfused
February 15, 2012 @ 05:57 PM
trevxv3

Bik2101 - Size up.

thanks for the advice. i read that the PS is bigger in the top block than the NC which is why some people said to size NS and PS the same. but yeah, i tried again yesterday and while laying down i was able to get them all buttoned up, a struggle, but it was done. so i think it might be fine to keep these right? as long as they can be buttoned up, then i can get them to stretch a bit (i thinkconfused

uh no, you got them buttoned up because they have already stretched a little bit. They will stretch to where they are uncomfortably tight when they are finished stretching, but thats it. You need to size up.
and another note, what does the NC having a bigger top block than the PS have to do with NS sizing? thats just bizarre to me.

February 15, 2012 @ 05:57 PM
trevxv3

Bik2101 - Size up.

uh no, you got them buttoned up because they have already stretched a little bit. They will stretch to where they are uncomfortably tight when they are finished stretching, but thats it. You need to size up.
and another note, what does the NC having a bigger top block than the PS have to do with NSvsPS sizing? lmao thats just bizarre to me.

February 15, 2012 @ 07:27 PM
bik2101

Bik2101 - Size up.

and another note, what does the NC having a bigger top block than the PS have to do with NS sizing? thats just bizarre to me.

well your wrong about that. i was able to button them up because i was laying down. when i tried buttoning standing i was still stuck at the bottom button only.

also, i said the PS had a bigger top than the NC not the other way around. so my thinking was that since 29 fit well for me in NC, i would be able to go down one size in PS since it supposedly had a bigger top block than the NC
February 16, 2012 @ 02:07 AM
antik731

hey does starching your apc's after a wash help?
February 16, 2012 @ 02:11 AM
antik731

also just a simple question i wanna cuff cuz the springs comin up and im lookin to hem it cuz im 5'7 with a 34 length i already wore it 3 months everyday and the fades are settlin in, should i hem? and does starching help? cuz i had to clean off one part of my apc's dropped a whole shit load of ketchup on it, cleaned off but wanted to now if i shud starch the area since the starch in the area is obviously gone..........
February 16, 2012 @ 03:53 AM
Yeltsew

Just leave it be^^

February 16, 2012 @ 04:44 AM
ToyotaGuy

Planning to get P.S.

How do you size?
February 16, 2012 @ 07:10 AM
himynameisblank

down two

http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/164188 Elephants $100 Shipped http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/162862/? topic_page=1#post-329240

February 16, 2012 @ 08:12 PM
bik2101

down two

apparently not the case. i think it depends. looks like down two is not universal,probably depending on your build, down 1 or 2
February 23, 2012 @ 04:10 AM
matt

Used to wear NC but my thighs just got too bad for them. What's the next cut up that'll have roomier thigh area? My calves fit snug, but I liked the tapered look of them, so a fit that's similar to NC but just a little looser all around. Currently wearing the tapered fit of the unbranded uo denim, but I'm not liking the look from the knee down, I don't think it's tapered/skinny enough for my taste. And if anyone can post a chart of their measurements on different cuts, that'd be sick.
February 23, 2012 @ 06:26 AM
bik2101

^PS. i have both NC and PS in 29. PS is roomier in the thighs with a better taper below the knees.
February 23, 2012 @ 06:44 AM
3lite

Sounds like your faggot ass is looking for the petite standards

Please login first to reply.