Labor Day - Enjoy 25% Off Your Order. Use code: LABORDAY25
June 15, 2011 @ 09:07 AM
CHEEP

that shit is disgusting after 6 months. i wash mine at least once a month, more if they need it, and my shit always looks and smells good.
June 15, 2011 @ 04:38 PM
Diedforoursins

Is this supposed to be ironic?
June 15, 2011 @ 05:02 PM
notyellow

i am disappoint.
June 15, 2011 @ 05:04 PM
BKBROWN

i am disappoint.

Right as I clicked on this link I thought to myself "son..."

u read my mind confusedconfused

̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏ ̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏ karmaloop 20% off repcode: WAVES lllllllllllllllllll https://soundcloud.com/bkbrown

June 16, 2011 @ 07:07 AM
CHEEP

no, its not ironic. not washing does nothing but make your shit wear out quicker and look shittier.
June 16, 2011 @ 08:45 AM
Diedforoursins

no, its not ironic. not washing does nothing but make your shit wear out quicker and look shittier.

. . .and increase the contrast between the faded parts of the denim. You are a moderator. . .this is math that shouldn't need explaining.
June 16, 2011 @ 09:10 AM
CHEEP

im saying you can get high contrast fades and still have clean jeans.

evisu 2000 no1 special. ive had these since december 09

wash these about once a month.

these were washed every 3 weeks.

ive been on that "wash your jeans when they are dirty" shit since 06... still havent ruined a pair of jeans.
June 16, 2011 @ 09:12 AM
CHEEP

Diedforoursins

really... dont try to call me out on some bullshit son. i know what im talking about.
June 16, 2011 @ 10:35 AM
Diedforoursins

im saying you can get high contrast fades and still have clean jeans.

...and I'm saying that, as a general rule of thumb, not washing = higher contrast fades. I couldn't care less about that one example. If you want to disprove common knowledge, there's going to have to be a little more meat on these bones. ;-)

I'm still pretty baffled as to your point. People can do what they want with their own jeans.
June 16, 2011 @ 11:29 AM
CHEEP

yeah, people can do what they want with thier jeans... but not washing your jeans is not good for them in the long run. also, high contrast fade come from wearing your jeans hard weather you wash them or not. ive never not washed jeans for 6 months, an somehow every pair ive had has turned out looking good. not washing will weaken the fabric and stitching. not washing will make youre jeans smell like ass.
June 16, 2011 @ 11:53 AM
michaelgd

How do you wash yours?
June 16, 2011 @ 11:55 AM
CHEEP

inside out in a washing machine. hang dry.
June 16, 2011 @ 11:58 AM
Diedforoursins

yeah, people can do what they want with thier jeans... but not washing your jeans is not good for them in the long run. also, high contrast fade come from wearing your jeans hard weather you wash them or not. ive never not washed jeans for 6 months, an somehow every pair ive had has turned out looking good. not washing will weaken the fabric and stitching. not washing will make youre jeans smell like ass.

Everything you say is true. Corollary, there is certainly no need to get defensive, and accuse me of 'calling you out on your shit'. I was merely having a conversation.

Enjoy your jeans, anyway.
June 16, 2011 @ 12:12 PM
khez

yes, washing is way better for the health of the denim. but doesn't fading depend on the type of indigo used in the jeans?

if i remember correctly, the jeans you posted use natural indigo rather than the synthetic indigo used in jeans like apcs. natural indigo holds it's color better when washed, allowing one to wash them more frequently and still get nice fades. synthetic indigo doesn't. or am i wrong?

http://superlosersco.com

June 16, 2011 @ 12:43 PM
CHEEP

completely wrong. all of my jeans are synthetic indigo.
June 16, 2011 @ 12:55 PM
mistahdabolina

soaks w/detergent and a bit of agitation ftw
June 16, 2011 @ 02:33 PM
cuddlestheshee

i wouldn't wash my jeans every 3 weeks or every month but i agree that fuckers who wash them like once or twice a year need to get on that shit more often.
June 16, 2011 @ 03:40 PM
thenorthside

9 to 5 is how to survive, i ain't tryin' to survive. i'm tryin' to live it to the limit and love it a lot

June 16, 2011 @ 04:33 PM
Jovanni

Everything you say is true. Corollary, there is certainly no need to get defensive, and accuse me of 'calling you out on your shit'. I was merely having a conversation.

Enjoy your jeans, anyway.

I agree. Let people experiment on how they want to wear their jeans. Some people might not wear their jeans as hard as you, cheep. Going skateboarding etc. And other might want to see how they get their fades depending on their lifestyle. Everyone's jeans will come out differently based on how they treat them. And isn't that the beauty of it all.
Non-the-less I agree with both cheep and diedforoursins.
June 16, 2011 @ 08:22 PM
Fndirtygreaser

I don't go at my jeans hard :/ I just wear them when I go out
June 17, 2011 @ 08:50 PM
TH9

I think the general consensus is that the shittier your denim is (APCs, Nudies, etc.) the more frequent the washes the quicker the entire denim fades, and there's a trade-off between which is less desirable -- stench, or horrendous looking denim. The tradeoff gets higher the better your denim is, as the benefits of washing outweigh the cost to the indigo.
June 17, 2011 @ 09:11 PM
zeezyo

how does not washing them weaken or damage your jeans?

X

June 17, 2011 @ 09:46 PM
plantaXmagica

i dont wash my jeans till they stank besides that i wear them ride or die razz
June 18, 2011 @ 12:24 AM
TH9

how does not washing them weaken or damage your jeans?

Are you serious? Bacteria / other microbes build up and eat away at your denim. If you didn't do the initial soak, remember that starch is a carbohydrate pretty rich in energy -- bugs and shit love eating it. Also, the acid from your sweat and stuff will eat away at the cotton fibers.

If you don't service your car you can't expect that to last very long, right?
June 18, 2011 @ 08:12 AM
Diedforoursins

Are you serious? Bacteria / other microbes build up and eat away at your denim. If you didn't do the initial soak, remember that starch is a carbohydrate pretty rich in energy -- bugs and shit love eating it. Also, the acid from your sweat and stuff will eat away at the cotton fibers.

Well, yes. But this is the difference between a pair of jeans lasting for 3 years (rarely washing), to 5, possibly 6 years (washing frequently). Hence, this never that much of an issue, given the fickle nature of most raw denim fans/fanatics; always looking forward to their 'next pair'.
June 18, 2011 @ 09:07 AM
okbro

the bacteria you have in your jeans at 1 month of wear isnt far from what you have at 6

speaking of which i never liked to wash my jeans, even those fucking size 24x25 jawns i had in elementary school

i like how they smell and feel when theyre worn in instead of the fresh crisp feeling of them after theyre washed/hang dried
June 18, 2011 @ 11:05 AM
Reginald Fairfield

hm so if I had APC denim and washed them often they would be cleaner, healthier denim but in return the fading wont be as good?
June 18, 2011 @ 11:42 AM
soap

OP SKATEBOARDS

i just sit at my computer
June 18, 2011 @ 11:49 AM
hooperr

I wipe my ass so theyre still fresh after a few months.
June 18, 2011 @ 12:48 PM
TH9

Well, yes. But this is the difference between a pair of jeans lasting for 3 years (rarely washing), to 5, possibly 6 years (washing frequently). Hence, this never that much of an issue, given the fickle nature of most raw denim fans/fanatics; always looking forward to their 'next pair'.

That's true and a good point, but if you're the type to just drop / sell your denim after less than a year rather than sticking with it or at the very least building up a good rotation, denim probably isn't the best hobby for you...

the bacteria you have in your jeans at 1 month of wear isnt far from what you have at 6

which is exactly why you wash every month. assuming this factoid were true. which it's not.

Please login first to reply.