Enjoy an Additional 10% Off on All Sale Items - Use code: EXTRA10
February 13, 2011 @ 06:55 PM
jouvk

I bought a pair of Apc New Standards back in October and have been wearing them ever since. About a month ago, i started to get holes in the crotch area and have been sewing them myself. However, the threads that i sewed in continue to tear apart the denim. I wanted to know how other people deal with crotch blowouts.

Tailor? Self Repair? any helpful techniques? how to prevent blowout?
February 14, 2011 @ 01:40 AM
infiniteme

I bought a pair of Apc New Standards back in October and have been wearing them ever since. About a month ago, i started to get holes in the crotch area and have been sewing them myself. However, the threads that i sewed in continue to tear apart the denim. I wanted to know how other people deal with crotch blowouts.

Tailor? Self Repair? any helpful techniques? how to prevent blowout?

I've found professional repair to work well. Both Denim Doctors and Self Edge do a good job from what I have seen. As far as I know, Denim Doctors accepts mail-ins for repairs, Self Edge doesn't.

Probably the best way to prevent blowouts is to soak the jeans before you start wearing them, which gets rid of starch to help prolong the life of the denim, and to repair early.
April 27, 2011 @ 10:51 PM
brannen

Does Self Edge L.A. do repairs?

Please login first to reply.