Urbanoutfitters - unbranded 14.5 oz japanese selvage denim

June 26, 2011 @ 03:01:48
thanks, will hopefully take pics every month! dont have a decent quality cam on me at the moment, but should get one in a few weeks.

for anyone wondering - tapered sized -1
June 29, 2011 @ 02:02:55
selling a pair of tapered sz30..newish at the market if anyone is interested

June 30, 2011 @ 09:21:49
First post here so… Hi from Cape Town South Africa!

I have just had a round of drama ordering these Unbrandeds online from UO. Firstly: I made a mistake, I know that and I am not trying to make out that they screwed up… I did, twice actually, but basically - here's how it went down…

I have been watching their website for a while hoping that my size would come in and, day before yesterday, it did. Overjoyed, I (perhaps hastily) pulled the trigger on 2xSkinny 36 Indigo (seeing the problem yet?)

Only when my order confirmation came though did I realise my error - I meant to order the SLIM STRAIGHT… who they hell has a 36 waistline and dares wear SKINNY jeans right? Anyway, I emailed orders(at)urbanoutfitters.com immediately asking to change the order, got no response.

Next day: I get a message from verify(at)urbanoutfitters.com to say that there has been an issue with the credit card, they need some more deets… Ok, now here's my second mistake: I supply the details, adding a bold, red section of text notifying them of the incorrect order (why I didn't just leave it and let the order time out is anyone's guess, I guess I was trying to work with them - hoping they'd be on the same page…)

Later that day I get a message from orders(at)urnbanoutfitters.com: sorry, order has shipped or is in final stages can't help you - feel free to return, etc. WTF??? How can it have shipped if I only just passed on the correct deets for my credit card… kind of felt they were just BSing me at this stage… "What? Us? DO MORE WORK??? …but we already have your money dumdum!!"

Anyway, I reiterate that the order is incorrect and that the CC has only just been verified, etc. Same stock reply… so basically the bird has been flipped.

Long story, thanks for reading - now here is why I am posting: can someone please try convince me that the skinny in the largest size (36) wont look like jeggings on a dude with average/maybe slightly more than average build?

I have 7-10 working days to sit and fret over this stupid mistake and unhelpful retailer… I'm really hoping I can pull the jeans off when they arrive - many of the pics I have seen, they don't look hardly skinny… anyone got some input on how these might fit on a 6' dude who isn't skinny as hell?

Thanks in advance...
June 30, 2011 @ 09:47:25
They fit like Levis 511's. Try some on. They"ll fit nearly the same.

nyannyanpartycat.tumblr.com/

June 30, 2011 @ 09:50:08
Cool! Will do!

...forgot to add that I am actually a 34. So in essence I have ordered the skinny sized up 1.
June 30, 2011 @ 10:04:56
Oh you"ll be fine.

Slim straights actually fit more relaxed, almost like APC Rescues or Levis 501's.

This post is hidden due to user account is no longer active or improper post content.

June 30, 2011 @ 11:25:28
^ yeah mikeymikemike, you should be good since you sized up, but if they're too tight try a cold soak and put them on when they are wet and that should stretch them out a little. good luck man! let us know the outcome when they arrive!
July 01, 2011 @ 03:02:05
Update...
Ok, so quick update:

Got email from UO last night to explain that they have cancelled my order, are reversing the payment with my credit card company, have placed a 'draft' order for the correct items and have waived the shipping cost.

...Blown away! I have always had good experiences shopping online and this whole thing just seemed so contrary to my previous experiences - may faith is restored though!

Yea, I was trippin... you don't get selvedge or raw denim here apart from Diesel and they look like shit (artificial/sanded accents, etc.) so to realise I could get raw selvedge at all, much less for that price kinda had me cartwheelin!

Thanks for the suggestions everyone, but ...uhm, could you take it all back and tell me the skinnies would be ridiculous and that I should be glad I'm getting the slim straights now pls?
July 01, 2011 @ 09:42:41
Slim straights aren't slim, they're a straight fit, you should of gotten the tapered.

July 02, 2011 @ 16:23:39
Yeah dude. Tapereds have the best fit imo.
July 03, 2011 @ 22:11:33
Yeah dude. Tapereds have the best fit imo.

I have tapereds and I'm really enjoying them.
July 03, 2011 @ 23:30:36
can some post a fit pic on tapered sz 32?

July 06, 2011 @ 01:55:31
Finally gonna cop a pair online. I like the tapered style, so im planning on ordering those in indigo. I'm 5'7.5 and 145 pounds, normal build. I wear size 30 x 30 in Levis 514s. KL only has the 29 tapered. Will I be fine with those, or will they be too tight? Thanks.
July 06, 2011 @ 13:54:38
They will be a little tight. Check the size chart on the unbranded website.
July 07, 2011 @ 01:32:06
VERY tight. tried em on recently. Not having it.
July 07, 2011 @ 04:31:00
they'll stretch with wear. may be tight for the first couple days, But probobly a perfect fit after
July 07, 2011 @ 09:47:09
fit pic please?????????

July 07, 2011 @ 14:51:16
holy crap these are on sale for 57. im sure a 20% off would kno it down to 50 includin shippin!! http://www.karmaloop.com/search/search.aspx?keywords=unbranded&msid=

thank me later

edit: came out to 54 with
20clinton
agentspits

hndlz.tumblr.com

July 07, 2011 @ 20:29:57
I got my skinnies a sz to small because i went tts and they still havent stretched much
July 08, 2011 @ 00:50:58
do the tapereds fit like nf weird guys? arent they manufactured by n&f?
July 08, 2011 @ 01:37:52
holy crap these are on sale for 57. im sure a 20% off would kno it down to 50 includin shippin!! http://www.karmaloop.com/search/search.aspx?keywords=unbranded&msid=

thank me later

20clinton
agentspits

appreciate this
dope tumblr too
July 08, 2011 @ 12:49:45
saul good

hndlz.tumblr.com

July 08, 2011 @ 13:11:41
damn i wish they had my size. i've been waiting for a sale to cop a pair of tapereds.
July 08, 2011 @ 14:15:25
quality seems like it lasts longer then more expensive denims that are out. Its just the measurements are way off but cant complain for the price. Plus there is a bigger sell on karmaloop
July 08, 2011 @ 14:17:00
Sellin my sz 30's, only worn for maybe 5 hours max.
July 08, 2011 @ 23:57:40
holy crap these are on sale for 57. im sure a 20% off would kno it down to 50 includin shippin!!

thank me later

20clinton
agentspits

appreciate this alot.
i was about to get the tapereds from the UO website, but settled for the skinnies off karmaloop for 54. Will they be too tight if I went TTS?
July 09, 2011 @ 00:23:22
yes, i suggest go up at least 1. i'd go up 2 personally.
July 09, 2011 @ 22:07:42
bought a pair of tapered 29s off karmaloop for fiftysomething fitpicssoon
July 10, 2011 @ 03:20:19
looking into the skinnies right now, since they are on karmaloop for cheap
i wear a size 33 x 32 in levi 511's but i can fit 32's

im 6 feet tall, 160 pounds, so on the skinner side basically but not skinny
what size should i get on the skinny unbranded? and if i find tapereds, what size should i get

edit: what exactly is your TRUE waist size
is it right around the belly button?

mainly im worried about the difference between a size 33 and size 34
im thinking about getting a 34...but im scared it may be a bit too large
Please login first to reply.
x