Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
August 20, 2010 @ 09:56 PM
RyanF.Baby

I'm like 5'8-5'9 150lbs, waist 31.
For the skinnys, I want a slim fit not too tight, what size should I get?

True to size, they're a slim fit to begin with, even though theyre labeled skinny

the skinny unbrandeds actually aren't all that skinny.. they fit more straight to be honest

this

If they fit tight on you and you can't get them past your thighs, one of two things has happened

1) You're a fat bastard

2) You tried on a size too small for you. Refer back to 1.

I have a size 30 and theyre tight on my waist and slim in the calves without even coming close to tight...they're kinda like Skulls more than anything else just with crappier denim.

(•_•). ( •_•)>⌐□-□. (⌐□_□)

August 21, 2010 @ 12:57 AM
sukafresh

I'm debating on sizing up one on tapered or skinnys? I want kinda of an APC NS fit

size up one on the taperedd the skinnys are pretty damn skinny lol
August 23, 2010 @ 06:38 PM
ahhhrt

True to size, they're a slim fit to begin with, even though theyre labeled skinny

this

If they fit tight on you and you can't get them past your thighs, one of two things has happened

1) You're a fat bastard

2) You tried on a size too small for you. Refer back to 1.

I have a size 30 and theyre tight on my waist and slim in the calves without even coming close to tight...they're kinda like Skulls more than anything else just with crappier denim.

Who you calling fat asshole? smile
August 23, 2010 @ 10:00 PM
Hypur

I don't think all of them carry them. The one time I did see them in one store (out of four that I've been to) they only had maybe 2 or 3 sizes

Same, the only place I've ever found them at was the San Francisco UO, and they only had two styles.
August 23, 2010 @ 10:04 PM
fambwais

i dont like urbanoutfitters
August 24, 2010 @ 06:42 PM
dOpeMitch

Just got my slim Straights

yall r right. sizing TTS i cant button the top button. but besides that the fit is on point. gotta get them hemed but the fit is nice
August 24, 2010 @ 06:52 PM
saif

How skinny are you exactly?

I tried TTS and couldn't get them past my calves. The only people I'd see who think they aren't "skinny" are prepubescent kids with absolutely zero muscle.

Just saying.

im 5'8" 135 pounds waist 28. I'm not skinny, nor am i fat. I just don't gain extra weight because i either run or swim every day.

Obviously you will have trouble getting them past your calves the first day, I had trouble with my tts tapered fit the first 2 or 3 wears, but eventually they will contort to your body shape and slide on like a glove. The waist also stretched about an inch as well. Also make sure you unbutton the first button or two on your fly while you're putting the jeans on, much easier.
August 24, 2010 @ 06:53 PM
C.Dante

so if i dont size up 1 and get tts on skinnies would i be good?
August 24, 2010 @ 06:55 PM
saif

matters what fit you're looking for, but tts on the skinny model will give you a slim fit as they do stretch.
August 24, 2010 @ 07:03 PM
C.Dante

about how long do you think it could be until i coulda get some saggage goin on?

EDIT: im just gonna go 2 sizes up cause i really dont care about waist stretching ill just throw a belt on if it gets to bad
August 25, 2010 @ 01:25 AM
Carlton C-Note Banks

They don't stretch too much, nothing like APCs lol
August 25, 2010 @ 08:13 AM
C.Dante

i've never had APC's so i wouldn't really know, but im glad they dont stretch much, since i ordered my pair last night

thanks for the help peoples
August 25, 2010 @ 02:51 PM
saif

They don't stretch too much, nothing like APCs lol

they stretch about 1 inch - 1.5 inch in the waist. They also shrink if you hot soak them, the inseam on my pair is about 33 inch from 34
August 25, 2010 @ 07:59 PM
drkenshwduubi

I ordered a size 30 in the skinny cut,
should be getting them in a few days, I plan to post fit pictures.
Should I bother with soaking these to get the shrinkage
out of the way before I wear or is it minimal enough to not
make a difference?
August 25, 2010 @ 08:28 PM
fruity_smell

I ordered a size 30 in the skinny cut,
should be getting them in a few days, I plan to post fit pictures.
Should I bother with soaking these to get the shrinkage
out of the way before I wear or is it minimal enough to not
make a difference?

Don't bother with the soak unless you want the starch and excess dye out. And by the way, it's going to be really tight if you go TTS.
August 25, 2010 @ 09:03 PM
drkenshwduubi

I went one size up, I wear a 29 in Levi 510s, I plan to sag a bit.
I'm about 5'11 and 130lbs or so,
I'm hoping they won't be too tight.
August 25, 2010 @ 09:33 PM
TTHX

you'll be thankful that you went up 1. hell going up 2 is even tight for the skinnies. i honestly don't know how people got into tts or even down in the skinny cut.

http://tonyhoangphoto.com

August 25, 2010 @ 09:46 PM
drkenshwduubi

Yea, it's my first pair of raw jeans, so I'm hoping everything turns out ok
with the fit. I hear they're pretty damn tight, but I'm pretty skinny so I tried to order them where they wouldn't turn out too baggy or anything. Plus, I'm scared of knee bulges lol.
August 27, 2010 @ 01:09 AM
dennisisMe

the skinny fit is really tight. i went tts on the slim fit and it was better
August 27, 2010 @ 08:36 AM
hyperpiper45

I am hoping to get some of these today aslong as I can find a size 34/36 in stock. I tried on a pair of 32's and couldn't get them past my knees! I usually wear a 34 but i feel like they will be really tight so might have to buy a 36. Never done that before!
August 28, 2010 @ 12:02 PM
hyperpiper45

Ok well I managed to find some 33's in stock yesterday so bought them. Theres some links for fit pics below but I can't post them yet.

As I said I went for the tapered 33's (don't know if thats tts or not) I'm 6ft and about 195lb.

img203.imageshack.us/img203/7366/p8280509.jpg

img693.imageshack.us/img693/3200/p8280510.jpg

img821.imageshack.us/img821/3559/p8280511.jpg
August 28, 2010 @ 12:08 PM
im_shy

Ok well I managed to find some 33's in stock yesterday so bought them. Theres some links for fit pics below but I can't post them yet.

As I said I went for the tapered 33's (don't know if thats tts or not) I'm 6ft and about 195lb.

img203.imageshack.us/img203/7366/p8280509.jpg

img693.imageshack.us/img693/3200/p8280510.jpg

img821.imageshack.us/img821/3559/p8280511.jpg

fit looks good to me.
August 28, 2010 @ 02:23 PM
chemist.

fit on those is good, just wait for em to settle

http://trillosopher.tumblr.com

August 29, 2010 @ 04:43 AM
DFA1986

hey all,

I'm in a unique position in that i spent an hour yesterday afternoon at my local UO (Vancouver) trying on all the different styles of these jeans in a couple sizes each

hopefully i can shed some light to those trying to order these online.

Originally i had brought home a size 32 in the Skinny cut, but after looking up the brand and seeing everyones comments on here i decided i should go back and try on the rest of the fits and a few different sizes of each one

About me.
i'm 5'10, about 155 lbs and have thick-ish thighs (nh)

at the UO i went to they only carried even sizes in this brand

Fits.

the Skinny.
these are very tight in the waist, i am about a 29 waist and i could barely get the top button done up on a 32 in these. they are also looooong like i'm talking 35-36 inseam. they are skinny but not in the way that a Cheap Monday is skinny, they are cut super close in the thighs but then are almost a straight leg from knee down. in my opinion these should be left to dudes 6' and taller or skinny kids who wanna cuff or hem them. these you gotta TTS or really really consider sizing up.

The Straight (or Slim Straight).
these fit pretty true to size, a 28 was tight in the waist on me and a 30 was an inch too big, but these are very roomy in the thigh and are not tapered at all down the leg (obvi) they have wide leg openings and to me this cut most closely resembles a 501 (atleast the older, baggier model that i have), these are probably a bit baggy for most people on this site though (and from what others have said this denim doesnt stretch much, so sizing down to get a better fit might not work so well) they are a 34 inseam.

the Tapered.
these are probably everyones best bet, slim thru the thighs and then tapering after the knee. i ended up choosing this cut in a 30 and i am pretty happy with it, it would be nice if they had a 29 for me to try but i think it may have been tighter than i'd want thru the thigh. you could definately size up or down on these to achieve a decent fit (within reason, given the limited stretching out) these are a 34 inseam and holding them from top down are about 1.5 inches shorter than the Skinny.

Other things i noticed.

seems there are 2 versions of each model floating around as well.
The older versions have a white tag on the right beltloop denoting the style and size in small writing, they have double orange seams down the inside leg, the denim also seems a little less stiff and slightly lighter in colour. they also may have slightly larger measurements (i could fit a 28 in Tapered in the older style but not the newer type)

The newer versions have a colour coded tag denoting style and size in large font (red for Skinny, blue for Straight, green for Tapered), they have one orange and one dark blue seam down the inside leg (yay!), the denim is dark and stiff but each pair seems to have a slighly different character to the colour.

another.
LEG OPENING IS RELATIVE TO WAIST SIZE!!
what this means is, is that if you are looking for a small leg opening, and you get the skinny and size up so it will fit you, you will end up with a larger leg opening than if you had TTS or sized down one on the Tapered. how i know this is that the size 32 Skinnies i first brought home had about a quarter inch larger leg opening than the size 30 Tapered i ended up getting, the size 30 Skinnies had about the same leg opening as the Tapers though. and again the Skinnies are about 1.5 inches longer than the Tapered

one more.
Inconsistent fit
The one thing that could make ordering these difficult is the fit, each PAIR seems to fit slightly different, which isnt necessarily a bad thing if you are able to try them on first but if not you kinda have to just hope for the best. once i found the style and size i wanted i tried on 4 different pairs of the Tapered in a size 30 and each one was slightly different, maybe it had something to do with them being stiff but i felt like each pair fit a bit different

last one.
The Skinny seemed to have the stiffest denim, the Straight and Tapered were about the same but the Skinnies were noticeably stiffer.

hope this helps

-DFA

p.s. here is a pic of my fit

hxxp://tinypic.com/r/f9ktgl/4

hxxp://tinypic.com/r/2qv702s/4
August 29, 2010 @ 07:37 AM
saif

UO brand is shit wish i didn't buy my pair. just save up and buy a pair of sams or skulls you'll get your money's worth imo.

also apparently their sizing sucks... my pair was a true 28 x 34... but if a 29 waist is really a 32 and it has a 36 inseam...

and DFA, they actually do stretch and shrink, you have to remember that uo unbranded is unsanforized (atleast my batch was) so they will also shrink to fit. After the initial hotsoak, my tapered stretched from a 28 waist to a 29.5 in about 2 weeks.
August 29, 2010 @ 10:41 AM
TTHX

^ they're sanforized bro. no matter what even if they are or aren't they will still shrink and stretch. these don't stretch as much as other brands.

i dunno about other people but my pair are great so far.

http://tonyhoangphoto.com

August 29, 2010 @ 11:35 AM
drkenshwduubi

I got my size 30 skinny tts a few days ago, I hot soaked it first but the waist
was a bitch to button up, and my stacks settled really messy, then I
hot soaked it once more to shrink the legs a tiny bit, this time I used a
hanger to prevent the waist from shrinking like last time. They've settled nicely
and fit really well.
August 29, 2010 @ 01:16 PM
hyperpiper45

Don't bother with the soak unless you want the starch and excess dye out. And by the way, it's going to be really tight if you go TTS.

I gave mine a hot soak when I got them and they went super stiff! I recommend it.
August 29, 2010 @ 06:55 PM
drkenshwduubi

TTS 30 Skinny Cut

I can't post pictures yet so here's the links:

hxxp://img827.imageshack.us/i/xghvj.png/
hxxp://img833.imageshack.us/i/fghj.png/

The stacks kinda sit weird on the shoes I'm wearing today,
but I really like the fit.
August 29, 2010 @ 08:22 PM
debs 168

TTS 30 Skinny Cut

I can't post pictures yet so here's the links: