Urbanoutfitters - unbranded 14.5 oz japanese selvage denim

Mar 02, 2010 @ 13:17
I have a few criticisms about these...

1, raw denim is not too popping. Regardless you care about what's in, but in my opinion, I just feel that raw really doesn't look too good anymore, it is actually losing it's good look with companies like these.

2, Uniqlo has been doing this for a long time, better quality too, and way better patterns, if you simply must get cheap raws.

3, once again, that pattern is definitely not top quality, in fact, that is the poorest denim weaving I have ever seen for more than $50.

4, you will not catch me wearing anything from Urban Outfitters. I don't care if you think that sounds stupid, but if you are really into fashion, do you want to wear clothing from a company that literally imitates every "cool" brand out there, makes fake vintage looking clothing and sells them for vintage prices, and sells bad quality versions of every sneaker?

I only agree with number 4

Where can you get 14.5 oz raw denim for $78, Uniqlo isn't as heavy. Also I haven't seen a good faded pair of Uniqlo raw denim
Mar 02, 2010 @ 14:00
pretty much $62 with a coupon, can't really argue that.
there nice for that price imo, you get what you pay for. /end
Mar 02, 2010 @ 16:36
So is it safe to say that if I order the tapered fit I should either sized down 1 or tts? I just don't want to get them to small because I hate returning shit online and my local UO doesn't carry these.

depends on how you want the fit, but I suggest going down 1. The slight stretching will accommodate.
Mar 02, 2010 @ 16:57
I only agree with number 4

Where can you get 14.5 oz raw denim for $78, Uniqlo isn't as heavy.

Just because it's heavier doesn't mean it's better. You can have a quality woven 10oz that'll last longer given the same wear as a poor 15-16 oz.
Mar 02, 2010 @ 17:33
pretty much $62 with a coupon, can't really argue that.
there nice for that price imo, you get what you pay for. /end

What coupon code is that? lol
Mar 02, 2010 @ 19:02
Just because it's heavier doesn't mean it's better. You can have a quality woven 10oz that'll last longer given the same wear as a poor 15-16 oz.

But where can I find that for $78
Mar 02, 2010 @ 19:10
What coupon code is that? lol

just keep a lookout,
UO drops 20% off coupon codes every now and then.
Mar 02, 2010 @ 19:48
But I haven't seen any uniqlo faded pair of the raw denim
Mar 03, 2010 @ 10:45
Some crappy quality iPhone pics. Anything is better than nothing I suppose.

Mar 03, 2010 @ 10:50
you get what you don't pay for...
Mar 03, 2010 @ 13:01
what cut logikal?
Mar 03, 2010 @ 13:04
^ Logikal, dope ass fit.

You happy with the fit? Rock them shits harddd.
Mar 03, 2010 @ 13:58
Thanks.

Tapered cut. Brought them to the tailor to have them tapered a touch more. I'm very satisfied with the fit.
Mar 03, 2010 @ 18:19
they look nice

Vintage snapback boutique....http://topshelfsnapbacks.bigcartel.com

Mar 03, 2010 @ 21:12
Should I get the Tapered fit or some weird Guys as my first Selvedge pair?
Mar 03, 2010 @ 21:20
^ if you know what your doing get whatever you want.
my apc's were my first pair of raws
Mar 03, 2010 @ 21:32
I do lol. I've a lot of research.
I just want to know which fades better.
SupraRZ, you're on SupraTalk, right?
Yeah, I'm DiegoSuproez blushing
Mar 03, 2010 @ 22:31
I was on the fence like you, I went with these because I wanted some deep indigo's. N&F deep indigos are $140 + I believe so money was also a factor. I'm guessing you're looking at indigo's then? From what I've seen from regular indigo's they take really long to fade, seen a pair worn for 1 year and barely any fades. But I do believe they can fade well if you put a lot of hard work into them. If color isn't a factor then go with N&F overall a better product.
Mar 03, 2010 @ 22:42
I was on the fence like you, I went with these because I wanted some deep indigo's. N&F deep indigos are $140 + I believe so money was also a factor. I'm guessing you're looking at indigo's then? From what I've seen from regular indigo's they take really long to fade, seen a pair worn for 1 year and barely any fades. But I do believe they can fade well if you put a lot of hard work into them. If color isn't a factor then go with N&F overall a better product.

I actually want it to take longer lol.
I don't really know why.....especially since I'm not a patient person.
I suppose I know I'll be proud for putting work into the pair.
From what I've read, N&F jeans stretch more too.
Mar 03, 2010 @ 23:02
Yeah the stretching part is true, I will eventually cop a pair of N&F indigos too
Mar 07, 2010 @ 04:49
anyone have pics of these post soak? ive been wearing mine for a 2-3 months and theyve been getting a little loose, combs and stacks are okay, i sag a lot i think thats why i dont get a lot of fading...but id like to see what others look like that have soaked them.
Mar 07, 2010 @ 10:27
I am a 27-28 waist, do you guys think the Tapered 28' will fit or end up being to loose? Thanks.
Mar 07, 2010 @ 18:49
I am a 27-28 waist, do you guys think the Tapered 28' will fit or end up being to loose? Thanks.

I'm a 35 and the 34 was a little loose in the thigh area....a little less looser around my calves.
If I make up my mind to order these, I'm going for a 33, especially since they stretch at least one waist size according to what I've read.
In your case, I would go for a 28 in the skinny fit. If they're anything like N&F, they would fit like the Tapered if you were to size down.
Mar 08, 2010 @ 10:52
You don't think the skinny fit will be to slim? I'm into denim that fits slim but not tight, like imperial dukes.
Mar 08, 2010 @ 18:50
Thanks, and incase anyone reads the way I phrased that wrong; I am looking for the cut simular to Dukes
Mar 10, 2010 @ 00:10
I bought a pair of skinnys TTS sz 30 and they were too tight in the thighs. Do you guys reccommend sizing up to a 32? Or should i get the sz 30 and wait for em to stretch? Thanks.
Mar 11, 2010 @ 08:46
I bought a pair of skinnys TTS sz 30 and they were too tight in the thighs. Do you guys reccommend sizing up to a 32? Or should i get the sz 30 and wait for em to stretch? Thanks.

I'd return them and get a pair of tapereds, they'll probably fit much better if the skinnies are tight on your thighs.
Mar 11, 2010 @ 21:28
my local urban only had one pair. they were size 33 straits missing the top button on sale for 35 bucks. Im a 29 but if anyone is interested i could cop and ship for 50. you wuld just have to fix the top button. Im looking to order offline in my size, I really like the J, crew vintage slim fit. Which fit is closest to that?
Mar 11, 2010 @ 21:41
The slim straight fit, sized down one, probably.
Mar 14, 2010 @ 01:58
I ordered these in a size 34. I will poat pics upon arrival.
Thanks for all the info HB!
Please login first to reply.