Urbanoutfitters - unbranded 14.5 oz japanese selvage denim

May 21, 2012 @ 07:27:53
Nudies are overrated and overpriced for average quality jeans.
Go for Imperials, Samurais, Flat Heats... etc. Legit Japanese denim.

Normally people start with either UB, NF or APCs, and then go to one of the high quality stuff.

Honestly though, quit over thinking it. Just get a pair of Unbranded.
You might end up not enjoying raw denim.
Same pair of jeans day in, day out dude.
May 21, 2012 @ 07:29:06
apcs or unbrandeds?

Unbranded

now that's interesting. elaborate pls?
May 21, 2012 @ 07:32:29
Quit over thinking it dude. Just get a damn pair.
May 21, 2012 @ 07:55:26
^^^i'd want some facts too if i was new to the denim game

apc's fade faster, have more fits, and are a bit pricey for what they are, but theyre good starters if you're willing to drop 170
unbrandeds on the other hand fade slow, have 3 fits, and are perfectly priced for being cheap raw denim 80
only thing that really sucks about unbrandeds is that they rarely have them in store so you wont be able to try them on.
you get your money's worth either way... but if your looking into apc's you might wanna try looking at 3Sixteen
May 21, 2012 @ 07:57:14
actually my heart says naked n famous but my head says apc (and my wallet says unbranded, lol). well my problem is I can't try any of them on since I live in a third world country and only almost no store carry them. don't want to end up with an awkward fit.

3sixteen unfortunately is out of my budget.
May 21, 2012 @ 11:55:13
actually my heart says naked n famous but my head says apc (and my wallet says unbranded, lol). well my problem is I can't try any of them on since I live in a third world country and only almost no store carry them. don't want to end up with an awkward fit.

You probably want to go with unbranded or NF through blueowl. They ship anywhere, and jay would be the best to help you decide on a final size. APC are too iffy with how much they stretch, and you not knowing your exact size and not wanting to return them.

Unbranded are really nice for a first pair of denim,but buttons have been known to fall off if you downsize and try to stretch them a lot. They do offer free replacement buttons though.
May 21, 2012 @ 16:58:24
^^^i'd want some facts too if i was new to the denim game

apc's fade faster, have more fits, and are a bit pricey for what they are, but theyre good starters if you're willing to drop 170
unbrandeds on the other hand fade slow, have 3 fits, and are perfectly priced for being cheap raw denim 80
only thing that really sucks about unbrandeds is that they rarely have them in store so you wont be able to try them on.
you get your money's worth either way... but if your looking into apc's you might wanna try looking at 3Sixteen

truth!

sounds like your in a bit of a dilemma which i personally went through when purchasing or first pair of selvedge denim but it does get to the point where you gotta just go for it and cop. which is why it took me years to actually purchase my first pair of selvedge denim because like you i didn't have access to a store to actually try on any jeans and was scared of all the different possibilities that could go wrong.........eventually i said fudge it and copped some UB 201s and just received my APC NS in the mail today :-D

my point being is YOU will never know until you actually cop a pair and experience for yourself, because your just living vicariously through us......but im curious as to what country you live in and what exactly do you mean by the term "3rd world"

السلام عليكم

May 21, 2012 @ 17:43:24
lol I live in Indonesia and by 3rd world I mean a rather poor country. but there's a lot of jeans enthusiasts here and I can cope jeans easily via some local online sellers, it's just that the stores that carry these stuff are located outside of my city.
May 22, 2012 @ 02:54:07
Exactly as geebus said, everything you hear is a personal opinion. Take them with a grain of salt.

As your first pair, just buy a pair of Unbranded. $70. Done. I love my pair.
Save your money for more important things, like food and water.
May 22, 2012 @ 03:41:59
Exactly as geebus said, everything you hear is a personal opinion. Take them with a grain of salt.

As your first pair, just buy a pair of Unbranded. $70. Done. I love my pair.
Save your money for more important things, like food and water.

I am actually looking for my second pair, once and for all pair. my current (first) pair of selvedge jeans is this: http://mishkanyc.com/item/new-alexei-selvage-denim--indigo
May 22, 2012 @ 22:53:01
hey, so i wanted to try selvedge jeans and these were an obvious choice cus theyre cheap. so i was wondering what fit i should get.

I kinda want a skinnier fit, but im 6'2" 175 pounds, not super skinny. the jeans i mostly wear now are levis 511 size 33, and i like them, theyre a little loose but they have a skinnier shape to them.

anyways, lemme know what you think
May 22, 2012 @ 23:25:18
I recommend Skinnies size 34.
May 22, 2012 @ 23:26:25
hey, so i wanted to try selvedge jeans and these were an obvious choice cus theyre cheap. so i was wondering what fit i should get.

I kinda want a skinnier fit, but im 6'2" 175 pounds, not super skinny. the jeans i mostly wear now are levis 511 size 33, and i like them, theyre a little loose but they have a skinnier shape to them.

anyways, lemme know what you think
go to blueowl and compare measurements with your current jeans. otherwise order multiple sizes/styles from urban outfitters, and return whatever you decide not to keep to your local store.
May 24, 2012 @ 08:58:06
Get tapered for the optimal slim/tight fit. Make sure you go TTS cause these are SERIOUSLY tight or sized alot differently from my N&F
May 24, 2012 @ 10:05:37
Get tapered for the optimal slim/tight fit. Make sure you go TTS cause these are SERIOUSLY tight or sized alot differently from my N&F

seriously what are you doing? just going on to different threads and posting bullshit advice that no one listens to, this is not true in the slightest. Seeing as your name is horribleadvice i'm guessing you're trying to troll, no one finds it funny or entertaining so just log off and kill yourself.
May 24, 2012 @ 15:50:07
Originally posted by Inactive User
selling unbranded skinny's [34] way under retail.
40shipped!

Copped some ub skinnies from SUPERB. [ http://hypebeast.com/members/superb ]. Lightning fast shipping with confirmation. Coast to coast in 2 days!

Def do business with him if you can!

May 24, 2012 @ 18:42:54
^ fuuuu i wanted to get them but you were faster than me
May 24, 2012 @ 19:02:56
^ fuuuu i wanted to get them but you were faster than me
these are really dope too :D
May 24, 2012 @ 20:26:36
They're dope jeans, but I dont think I could wear used raw denim.
Unless they are 10/10, hardly any creases.
Just not as personal.
May 24, 2012 @ 20:41:37
They're dope jeans, but I dont think I could wear used raw denim.
Unless they are 10/10, hardly any creases.
Just not as personal.
I hear ya on that, but I needed a pair of beaters for the summer. Something that I don't mind washing a lot or destroying.
May 24, 2012 @ 21:21:22
thanks for the luv fam.
s/o to highway on the quick transaction & everything.
May 25, 2012 @ 18:29:59
I haven't posted here in about a year so I thought I'd drop by with a update on my jeans. It's been a little over a year with these jeans and I'd say about 200 wears. So far 2 soaks and just did a wash yesterday. Crotch blew out and got it repaired, ripped a little more but no big deal.

May 25, 2012 @ 18:36:21
Good lookin fades numbuh. I sent you a PM...
May 25, 2012 @ 23:46:17
^^fades are looking nice, especially for a price of $80.
i have a pair of tapered's and love them personally. no where near the quality of my N&F's or 3sixteens but I couldn't care less. like everything in life you get what you pay for.
May 30, 2012 @ 11:44:55
Looking for skinny size 28-29
May 30, 2012 @ 12:10:24
Looking for skinny size 28-29
so buy some
May 30, 2012 @ 20:08:00
kenyton
http://www.blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB_Bridge3.dll?VBPROG=binshop.prodt.detail&SKU=7991202
and urban outfitters
check the sizing chart on blue owl though
May 31, 2012 @ 01:57:41
question about UB's. I got a sz 34 tapered and the legs fit fine, but the seat was beyond tight and I couldnt do all of the buttons. I can barely sit in them. I exchanged them for a sz 36 online and the waist and seat fit great, but now the legs are super baggy and dont fit how I would like. Should I try and go for a 34 in slim straight instead, or just scrap the whole unbranded idea?
May 31, 2012 @ 02:44:11
yall ever scrub the shit outta your jeans during a wash? is that bad?
May 31, 2012 @ 02:49:57
question about UB's. I got a sz 34 tapered and the legs fit fine, but the seat was beyond tight and I couldnt do all of the buttons. I can barely sit in them. I exchanged them for a sz 36 online and the waist and seat fit great, but now the legs are super baggy and dont fit how I would like. Should I try and go for a 34 in slim straight instead, or just scrap the whole unbranded idea?
pics of 36?
Please login first to reply.
x