Get an Extra 20% Off Sale Items - Use code: EXTRA20
May 20, 2012 @ 08:49 PM
horribleadvice

suspended

Just went to Urban Outfitters yesterday and they had the Unbranded's on clearance as well as 50% off sale items. Many sizes left when I checked the Glendale location yesterday. The sale price was around $20 ($40 - 50% off)
May 20, 2012 @ 10:08 PM
jeeenzoo

What's the inseam length for unbranded skinnies? Is the fit like Levis 510s?
May 21, 2012 @ 02:00 AM
danzig

I want to buy a pair of raw jeans with minimum cost. I'm thinking of unbranded but I'd be willing to fork more cash for some NF or APC if it's really worth it. what do you think?
May 21, 2012 @ 02:30 AM
slap

If you have the money, yes, invest in nicer denim

Levi 510 has % spandex, which stretches. Unbranded is 100% cotton, so keep that into consideration.

@ TonoVillaino
If they're just a little snug, keep them. Wear them, and it should stretch to fit.

Unbranded Skinnys = 36in inseam.

$81 selvedge denim: https://www.weargustin.com/invite_from/4200 Karmaloop/Plndr Rep: SLAP20.

May 21, 2012 @ 02:49 AM
danzig

but is the difference huge though between unbranded and NF, APC, etc.? let's put it this way, the price is twice as high, do the quality doubles too?
May 21, 2012 @ 03:03 AM
slap

Paying more for the quality of the raw materials, craftsmanship, name brand, fit.
N&F are made in Canada.
I don't know if the quality difference is huge but if the quality wasn't noticible, wouldn't APC and N&F go out of business, and everyone go to Unbranded?

$81 selvedge denim: https://www.weargustin.com/invite_from/4200 Karmaloop/Plndr Rep: SLAP20.

May 21, 2012 @ 03:19 AM
danzig

well, fair enough..
May 21, 2012 @ 03:50 AM
Whoadie

apcs or unbrandeds?
May 21, 2012 @ 04:26 AM
geebus

botH^^

السلام عليكم

May 21, 2012 @ 04:44 AM
Whoadie

^nope, can only afford one
May 21, 2012 @ 04:54 AM
travish

Your going to be more satisfied with APC's when you buy them. I went with the cheaper alternative and copped N&F and after 4 months I gave in and bought APC's too. If you do decide to go with APC do some research on sizing and what not.

premes.tumblr.com // instagram: travisfuckinghall - VanCity

May 21, 2012 @ 05:24 AM
danzig

Your going to be more satisfied with APC's when you buy them. I went with the cheaper alternative and copped N&F and after 4 months I gave in and bought APC's too. If you do decide to go with APC do some research on sizing and what not.

why is apc better than n&f?
May 21, 2012 @ 05:49 AM
horribleadvice

suspended

APC feels good bro. Lizard scales on our legs
May 21, 2012 @ 06:57 AM
slap

If you have money, then of course spend it on higher quality denim.
Like travish said, with cheaper alternatives, you won't ever really be truly satisfied.

Both are reasonably priced, and pretty well liked.
Buy whichever has your fit or cut of preference.

May 21, 2012 @ 07:07 AM
Whoadie

since we're on the topic. what denim is better than apcs, since from what ive read its unbranded -> n&f -> apcs-> then what? if nudies whats next, not really a fan of nudies.
May 21, 2012 @ 07:18 AM
malcolmilfhunt

apcs or unbrandeds?

Unbranded

Yayo from the Bayo

May 21, 2012 @ 07:27 AM
slap

Nudies are overrated and overpriced for average quality jeans.
Go for Imperials, Samurais, Flat Heats... etc. Legit Japanese denim.

Normally people start with either UB, NF or APCs, and then go to one of the high quality stuff.

Honestly though, quit over thinking it. Just get a pair of Unbranded.
You might end up not enjoying raw denim.
Same pair of jeans day in, day out dude.

May 21, 2012 @ 07:29 AM
danzig

apcs or unbrandeds?

Unbranded

now that's interesting. elaborate pls?
May 21, 2012 @ 07:32 AM
slap

Quit over thinking it dude. Just get a damn pair.

May 21, 2012 @ 07:55 AM
mistahdabolina

^^^i'd want some facts too if i was new to the denim game

apc's fade faster, have more fits, and are a bit pricey for what they are, but theyre good starters if you're willing to drop 170
unbrandeds on the other hand fade slow, have 3 fits, and are perfectly priced for being cheap raw denim 80
only thing that really sucks about unbrandeds is that they rarely have them in store so you wont be able to try them on.
you get your money's worth either way... but if your looking into apc's you might wanna try looking at 3Sixteen
May 21, 2012 @ 07:57 AM
danzig

actually my heart says naked n famous but my head says apc (and my wallet says unbranded, lol). well my problem is I can't try any of them on since I live in a third world country and only almost no store carry them. don't want to end up with an awkward fit.

3sixteen unfortunately is out of my budget.
May 21, 2012 @ 11:55 AM
highway

actually my heart says naked n famous but my head says apc (and my wallet says unbranded, lol). well my problem is I can't try any of them on since I live in a third world country and only almost no store carry them. don't want to end up with an awkward fit.

You probably want to go with unbranded or NF through blueowl. They ship anywhere, and jay would be the best to help you decide on a final size. APC are too iffy with how much they stretch, and you not knowing your exact size and not wanting to return them.

Unbranded are really nice for a first pair of denim,but buttons have been known to fall off if you downsize and try to stretch them a lot. They do offer free replacement buttons though.
May 21, 2012 @ 04:58 PM
geebus

^^^i'd want some facts too if i was new to the denim game

apc's fade faster, have more fits, and are a bit pricey for what they are, but theyre good starters if you're willing to drop 170
unbrandeds on the other hand fade slow, have 3 fits, and are perfectly priced for being cheap raw denim 80
only thing that really sucks about unbrandeds is that they rarely have them in store so you wont be able to try them on.
you get your money's worth either way... but if your looking into apc's you might wanna try looking at 3Sixteen

truth!

sounds like your in a bit of a dilemma which i personally went through when purchasing or first pair of selvedge denim but it does get to the point where you gotta just go for it and cop. which is why it took me years to actually purchase my first pair of selvedge denim because like you i didn't have access to a store to actually try on any jeans and was scared of all the different possibilities that could go wrong.........eventually i said fudge it and copped some UB 201s and just received my APC NS in the mail today :-D

my point being is YOU will never know until you actually cop a pair and experience for yourself, because your just living vicariously through us......but im curious as to what country you live in and what exactly do you mean by the term "3rd world"

السلام عليكم

May 21, 2012 @ 05:43 PM
danzig

lol I live in Indonesia and by 3rd world I mean a rather poor country. but there's a lot of jeans enthusiasts here and I can cope jeans easily via some local online sellers, it's just that the stores that carry these stuff are located outside of my city.
May 22, 2012 @ 02:54 AM
slap

Exactly as geebus said, everything you hear is a personal opinion. Take them with a grain of salt.

As your first pair, just buy a pair of Unbranded. $70. Done. I love my pair.
Save your money for more important things, like food and water.

May 22, 2012 @ 03:41 AM
danzig

Exactly as geebus said, everything you hear is a personal opinion. Take them with a grain of salt.

As your first pair, just buy a pair of Unbranded. $70. Done. I love my pair.
Save your money for more important things, like food and water.

I am actually looking for my second pair, once and for all pair. my current (first) pair of selvedge jeans is this: http://mishkanyc.com/item/new-alexei-selvage-denim--indigo
May 22, 2012 @ 10:53 PM
ahugetarsier

hey, so i wanted to try selvedge jeans and these were an obvious choice cus theyre cheap. so i was wondering what fit i should get.

I kinda want a skinnier fit, but im 6'2" 175 pounds, not super skinny. the jeans i mostly wear now are levis 511 size 33, and i like them, theyre a little loose but they have a skinnier shape to them.

anyways, lemme know what you think
May 22, 2012 @ 11:25 PM
slap

I recommend Skinnies size 34.

May 22, 2012 @ 11:26 PM
highway

hey, so i wanted to try selvedge jeans and these were an obvious choice cus theyre cheap. so i was wondering what fit i should get.

I kinda want a skinnier fit, but im 6'2" 175 pounds, not super skinny. the jeans i mostly wear now are levis 511 size 33, and i like them, theyre a little loose but they have a skinnier shape to them.

anyways, lemme know what you think
go to blueowl and compare measurements with your current jeans. otherwise order multiple sizes/styles from urban outfitters, and return whatever you decide not to keep to your local store.
May 24, 2012 @ 08:58 AM
horribleadvice

suspended

Get tapered for the optimal slim/tight fit. Make sure you go TTS cause these are SERIOUSLY tight or sized alot differently from my N&F

Please login first to reply.