Enjoy an Additional 10% Off on All Sale Items - Use code: EXTRA10
April 29, 2012 @ 08:51 PM
GoRubio

My Indigo Tapereds. Size 31 (TTS). 9 months. 2 hot soaks.

About to retire these soon.
April 29, 2012 @ 08:58 PM
dismalduke

^^^^ nice.
When did you soak? Also, was the crotch blow out pre or post soak?
April 29, 2012 @ 09:33 PM
slap

For those of you in NYC, hit Uniqlo, Japanese selvage for half the price.

The UJ? My brother has a pair. I had a pair for 1 month, but sold it. Nice denim, but its too lightweight for me.Feels like 9oz denim to me.
The MIJ they had were much better, but also about $80 usd.

i've got an extra pair of size 33 indigo tapereds that i'm looking to sell for $92 shipped priority

Don't think anyone would be interested really, you can find them for much less elsewhere.

$81 selvedge denim: https://www.weargustin.com/invite_from/4200 Karmaloop/Plndr Rep: SLAP20.

April 30, 2012 @ 12:21 AM
GoRubio

^^^^ nice.

1st was at the 6 month mark. 2nd soak was at the 9 month mark, which was about a couple weeks ago.
I noticed the blowout starting to happen probably a month or so after the 1st soak. It wasn't that bad until recently. It's not even that noticeable when I wear them, unless someone's really trying to look between my legs.
April 30, 2012 @ 12:29 AM
dismalduke

^^^^ nice.

1st was at the 6 month mark. 2nd soak was at the 9 month mark, which was about a couple weeks ago.
I noticed the blowout starting to happen probably a month or so after the 1st soak. It wasn't that bad until recently. It's not even that noticeable when I wear them, unless someone's really trying to look between my legs.

Hmmm.
I have a pair on the way in the mail. I know blowouts are part of the game...I was hoping to avoid it by rinsing at the 6 month mark....
Any reason it still happened to your pair? Like bike riding or....fuck i don't know, excessive lunges?
April 30, 2012 @ 03:09 AM
slap

It all depends on your body shape at your jean fit.

If youre wearing relaxed fit, you won't have to worry about crotch rip, but if you're they're skinny fit, and don't have much lax and give between your legs, they you'll definitely encounter some problems.

Crotch rips have to do largely with how tight your pants are. The tighter they are, the more stress you put on them, and might lead to the seams ripping (usually a easy fix).

Also, many of the rips occur from your inner thighs rubbing against each other, and it is that friction that wears the denim from the outside. Thats how you get actual holes at the crotch, which is harder to fix. (patching, replacing that section, or darning).

$81 selvedge denim: https://www.weargustin.com/invite_from/4200 Karmaloop/Plndr Rep: SLAP20.

April 30, 2012 @ 03:40 AM
dismalduke

Good way to put it. Thanks for the info.
April 30, 2012 @ 05:26 AM
slap

I'm hang drying my skinnies now. Did a cold machine wash this afternoon. (First machine wash, had 2 previous soaks)
Size 33 skinnies ub101 (sized up 1).
Post wash measurement:
Waist 16"
Hem 7.25"
Inseam 34.4"

April 30, 2012 @ 05:43 AM
reversal

^ are you gonna post before and after pics?
April 30, 2012 @ 05:59 AM
slap

Fo sho.
Will take after pics when it dries, in the meantime, here's a before shot.

April 30, 2012 @ 12:36 PM
dismalduke

Fuck yeah.Nice.
April 30, 2012 @ 04:35 PM

Inactive

Quit on my Unbrandeds after I soaked/washed them too early. May come back after I get bored with my APCs
April 30, 2012 @ 04:45 PM
dismalduke

When did you soak them?
April 30, 2012 @ 04:56 PM
GoRubio

It all depends on your body shape at your jean fit.

If youre wearing relaxed fit, you won't have to worry about crotch rip, but if you're they're skinny fit, and don't have much lax and give between your legs, they you'll definitely encounter some problems.

Crotch rips have to do largely with how tight your pants are. The tighter they are, the more stress you put on them, and might lead to the seams ripping (usually a easy fix).

Also, many of the rips occur from your inner thighs rubbing against each other, and it is that friction that wears the denim from the outside. Thats how you get actual holes at the crotch, which is harder to fix. (patching, replacing that section, or darning).

Couldn't have said it better myself. If I would have sized up 1, I'm pretty sure the rip could have been avoided just a little bit later and have a comfortable fit. When I first bought them, I could only button up 2 buttons. Took about a day to stretch to button up all the way, and about a week or 2 to stretch out everywhere else to feel how they are now.
I've put my jeans through hell for the last 9 months. Normal day stuff, walking all throughout campus, bartending in them every once in a while, skating, etc. I'm surprised they haven't ripped anywhere else.
The friction part is the real reason for the crotch rip doe.
May 1, 2012 @ 08:06 AM
erratic

has anybody fucked with the grey skinnies? just curious how they fade and whether or not they're worth the investment
May 1, 2012 @ 08:10 AM
mistahdabolina

^^^when i got my grey skinny's the leg opening was not skinny at all, the stacks were mad sloppy. with that being said, you may not like the fit. and most grey jeans wont give you that nice fading that indigo. you may see some honeycombs and wiskers though, nothin major
May 1, 2012 @ 03:05 PM
illpolo

Got a brand new pair of size 33 indigo Skinnys for sale. Should have sized up smh Looking for $70 shipped

May 1, 2012 @ 06:50 PM
Fedora Overlord

anyone had much experience skating in these, the skinny model to be precise? I need a beater pair that I'm not too worried about ruining. Just wanted to know if they allow a lot of mobility because the idea of skating in APCs seems impossible. Cheers!
May 1, 2012 @ 09:13 PM
slap

I sized up 1 for the skinny model.
I try skating, but as it's skinny fit, 14oz denim, and really stiff, I don't like skating in them.
I like jeans with stretch or a looser fit for skating.

So no, no mobility.

May 1, 2012 @ 09:45 PM
Fedora Overlord

ahhh I see, that's what I thought would be the case =(
Thanks for the help
May 1, 2012 @ 10:15 PM
erratic

^^^when i got my grey skinny's the leg opening was not skinny at all, the stacks were mad sloppy. with that being said, you may not like the fit. and most grey jeans wont give you that nice fading that indigo. you may see some honeycombs and wiskers though, nothin major

fsho thanks for the heads up
May 1, 2012 @ 10:36 PM
mike who

I've had my skinnies for about six months now and I want the legs to shrink in length so I can get them hemmed. I'm not ready for a complete wash because I want to get some more fading first so what would you guys recommend?
May 1, 2012 @ 10:53 PM
highway

I've had my skinnies for about six months now and I want the legs to shrink in length so I can get them hemmed. I'm not ready for a complete wash because I want to get some more fading first so what would you guys recommend?
hot soak is the only way to get all of the shrinkage out . . . my blacks, with like 1 three hour hot soak, measure like 35/35.5
May 2, 2012 @ 07:24 AM
akamaimax

I have a brand new pair of the ub101 for sale in size 32. Got them as a birthday gift and can't return them. I'm looking to get $55 shipped or straight trade for a 31. Let me know: shiftysiamese at g mail dot com
May 2, 2012 @ 02:47 PM

Inactive

just bought a tapered for 75 shipped. Hopefully it turns out awesome.

med. dp tnf/400+fees. hmu

May 2, 2012 @ 03:23 PM

Inactive

sorry for the bad quality pic but i got my skinnys in today. how's the fit and should i cuff or wait til the stacks settle?

i just had to quote this. that cuff is dope sir

med. dp tnf/400+fees. hmu

May 2, 2012 @ 05:15 PM
bak.

^ I'd go with a smaller double cuff.

Beste Grüße aus Deutschland!

May 2, 2012 @ 08:42 PM
illpolo

Ordered some tapered's yesterday from blueowl. Originally went TTS but Jay emailed me suggesting I should size
down 1. I'm really worried they'll be too tight as I think blueowls measurements are wrong and even differ from the official unbranded site.
May 2, 2012 @ 08:49 PM
highway

Ordered some tapered's yesterday from blueowl. Originally went TTS but Jay emailed me suggesting I should size
down 1. I'm really worried they'll be too tight as I think blueowls measurements are wrong and even differ from the official unbranded site.
what are your measurements in relation to the size you ordered?
May 2, 2012 @ 08:56 PM
slap

No worries dude, even if you went TTS, sizing would be fine.
It might not be a perfect waist, but it's is by no means baggy.

Please login first to reply.