Urbanoutfitters - unbranded 14.5 oz japanese selvage denim

January 13, 2012 @ 02:00:50
Just got my pair in the mail, these shits took me like 10 mins to put on cause I'm not used to using buttons on my pants. They're pretty stiff right now but it's probably cause I've got to break them in but all-in-all it's looking good so far.

skinnies? TTS? or up one? I think i might just go up and get a 31..
January 13, 2012 @ 02:10:45
Just got my pair in the mail, these shits took me like 10 mins to put on cause I'm not used to using buttons on my pants. They're pretty stiff right now but it's probably cause I've got to break them in but all-in-all it's looking good so far.

skinnies? TTS? or up one? I think i might just go up and get a 31..

They're a tapered fit.. I went TTS and got a sz 33 and they fit pretty nice. I'd recommend going +1 on skinnies though.
January 13, 2012 @ 03:57:26
selling a brand new sz 32 grey tapered for 35 shipped. also have a pair of sz 32 blue tapered worn once for a day for 40 shipped. lmk!

i pm'd you but im not sure if its working
January 13, 2012 @ 07:10:10
hey guys, im 34 pages into the thread and im just wondering for those who have the tapered ones, where do you have the waist of the jean sit at? right on your hips? on top (so at your waist)?
January 13, 2012 @ 21:26:41
hey guys, im 34 pages into the thread and im just wondering for those who have the tapered ones, where do you have the waist of the jean sit at? right on your hips? on top (so at your waist)?

They sag now. Went TTS, shouldve sized down one. I have to wear a belt.
January 13, 2012 @ 22:15:25
yeah, mine stretched and now i have a flare.
January 13, 2012 @ 22:34:34
wtf? they were saying it doesnt stretch all at if any its only 0.25-0.5" ....did they change the cuts and stuff?
January 13, 2012 @ 23:11:24
wtf? they were saying it doesnt stretch all at if any its only 0.25-0.5" ....did they change the cuts and stuff?

Yeah, that was not my experience. They were tight at first but have stretched 1".

Tag size 30". Measured 30.5". Stretched to 31.5-32" (I need to measure again).
January 13, 2012 @ 23:36:11
you guys talking about tapered or skinny? I'm confused.. Any one else with skinnies on advice of going tts or up one? want to make sure
January 14, 2012 @ 00:21:16
you guys talking about tapered or skinny? I'm confused.. Any one else with skinnies on advice of going tts or up one? want to make sure
tapered
January 14, 2012 @ 02:07:24

i went skinny up one, a little roomier
my fit:

im a really skinny guy tho

www.headhunterla.com

January 14, 2012 @ 02:24:14
Originally posted by Inactive User
i'm gonna use sand paper and rub them on the combs so it has a contrast look to it.
also rub it on the stacks because I'm sick of waiting for the fade. fuck it

lol show pics when you're done

digging kinda hard in the thread but holy fuck why would you ever do this to a pair of raw denim. what a huge waste of money... makes me sad

BT1•BT2•SS•ST•SUFU•HB

January 14, 2012 @ 03:54:43
Looking to get my first pair of raw denim, thinking of going Unbranded. I don't wanna drop $150+ on a higher brand and then not be feeling it a few months later.

I'm a real small dude. 5'6" and usually wear a 28-29x30. True waist is 29. What do I want to size on these?

Also what fit would be best for me? I don't like skin tight hugging at the bottoms. But, I hate bagginess. I guess slightly slim or maybe even straight would be fine. How skinny is the skinny model?

Lastly, the 34" inseam will def be too big on me. I should get these hemmed right? Do I want to give these a soak before taking them to get hemmed, just in case they could shrink a bit?
January 14, 2012 @ 04:32:55

Inactive User

^ Go with the 30s
January 14, 2012 @ 05:32:58
Go with 30s for Skinnys or 29 for tapered. Don't worry about it being skin tight. If you look around at fit pics, no one's jeans are really 'that' tight. I have a feeling that the slim straight model might look too baggy on you.

Since you're getting it hemmed, yes, do a warm/hot soak and hang dry before hand. It shouldn't shrink more than like 1/2 in since its sanfordized denim.
January 14, 2012 @ 15:56:28
Thanks for the help. I checked out the sizing chart though, and it says the actual waist of a 30 skinny is 30.5. Thats already too big doe me. Wouldn't I want to get like a 28 then since my waist is a 29. Or am I missing something here?
I want these to fit well, and Im assuming the waist may stretch like an inch?
http://www.theunbrandedbrand.com/fit-guide/
January 14, 2012 @ 16:12:42
Nope. Measurements there are wrong.
From own experience, my 33 has a waist of 32. After wearing for like 13months with 2 soaks so far, the waist is maybe 32.3.
Its not going to stretch much, and when you soak, it'll shrink back.

Id say 29 or 30, and definitely not 28. Go to blueowl worksshop. Those measurements are more accurate.
January 16, 2012 @ 05:28:01
Are these still at UO stores? I'm going to get skinnies in 30 probably.

What exactly is the difference in fit between tapered and skinny? Does one model work better for a certain body type?
January 16, 2012 @ 08:04:23
Are these still at UO stores? I'm going to get skinnies in 30 probably.

What exactly is the difference in fit between tapered and skinny? Does one model work better for a certain body type?

In Cali, they're not in UO stores. Not sure about the rest. Tapered is just that — tapered. Wider on the thigh and slimmer as you go down. Skinnies are all around slim. Don't be afraid of the skinnies being too tight around your legs. Just make sure you size up. Your waist will thank you.

Anyways, here are my skinnies. I took the pic a while ago. 1 year without touching any water. As I recall, I started the same time around modernART.
January 16, 2012 @ 18:35:07
I just got a pair of Slim Straight Unbranded's and I love them so far. I usually wear a waist 33 and I got 34, and they're pretty tight so far to the point that I can't even do up all the buttons comfortably. Hopefully it stretches a bit but not too much. I definitely won't need a belt for a while. Still, love them so far. Probably should have gone with the Skinny's but whatever.

I got a pair of Gap selvedge the other week because I had a gift card and they're pretty solid as well, but not as good as these.
January 17, 2012 @ 01:14:15
how long are these jeans lasting for you guys? i dont want them to crotch tear or have holes in only a couple months. Ive been wearing the same uniqlos for 3 years and theyre only starting to thin out
January 18, 2012 @ 00:00:31
I just got a pair of skinny's! Soaked them and definitely need to get them hemmed now. Does anyone know a good spot in Chicago that hems?
January 18, 2012 @ 00:16:16
how long are these jeans lasting for you guys? i dont want them to crotch tear or have holes in only a couple months. Ive been wearing the same uniqlos for 3 years and theyre only starting to thin out

im about 6months into mine and im noticing a small tear forming. i kinda sag in my pants sometimes doe.
January 18, 2012 @ 04:20:20
Does anyone have fit pics of a black pair of unbrandeds? I feel like I need a solid pair of black denim. And cuff or no cuff on black denim?
January 18, 2012 @ 21:29:39
slow and steady. its been about 3 months

January 18, 2012 @ 21:34:58
Does anyone have fit pics of a black pair of unbrandeds? I feel like I need a solid pair of black denim. And cuff or no cuff on black denim?

i mostly cuff.
Cuff

No Cuff

edit: went TTS with a 34 and im 6'2" no hem

hndlz.tumblr.com

January 18, 2012 @ 23:35:01
I personally like my jeans to stack all the way. But with different shoes a cuff definitely is a good look.

Looking for in size 8.5-9 003 Authentics/Chukka PM ME!

January 19, 2012 @ 07:18:35
nice fit hndlz

www.headhunterla.com

January 19, 2012 @ 21:29:33
thanks, same to you.

i wish i coulda went up a size. dont really like to sag

hndlz.tumblr.com

January 20, 2012 @ 05:40:43
I'm finally going to soak mine. I think they are getting a slight smell.
Please login first to reply.
x