Labor Day - Enjoy 25% Off Your Order. Use code: LABORDAY25
October 10, 2008 @ 08:29 PM
wiggatrigga

If you know me at all, it's either from my English vs. French Dunks or my "AURIEUCH!" intro and Jack Sparrow's on YouTube.

Anyway I get more questions than any other customizer in the game (haha I know, I've asked around) on how to do things. 10-30 messages a day about brushes, paint, and prepping, and they usually share the same answer. So I wanna make a vid to send everyone to.

I am going to do one last How-To video about what brushes to use, how to mix acrylic paint with acetone, and how to paint the midsole.

So I have those questions. If you know any of the answers PLEASE tell me.

1. How do you mix acetone and acrylic to make paint that can go on shoes? I get this one a lot from international artists and kids too young for credit cards.

2. What brushes should you use to paint shoes? I usually just feel the brush against my palm, and if I like the feel I buy it. I never look at types.

3. And the biggest one, how do you paint the midsole? I have heard of rubber paint but don't know that it is real, or how expensive it is/where to get it.

Thanks for any and all help. Let's expand our universe and reach these starting artists.

-Jacob Patterson
October 11, 2008 @ 02:39 PM
evolvedfootwea

1. ....NT has a post on this that has the answer in it......not necessarily sayin its even a good mix.

2. don't skimp....softer is better

3. no point.....rubber paint is outthere...but it still doesnt' hold up. Recently Nike has came out with af1s with speckled sole/midsole that was splattered on.......that is what somebody needs to find, then its still may come off.

Honestly I know its nice to help people out.....but this generation of young people are so lazy(myself at times too) because its SO easy to find all these answers online......people just don't take the time to find the shit out themselves.

You can read all you want about customizing, but if you don't try yourself you won't learn anything.
October 11, 2008 @ 05:24 PM
wiggatrigga

Honestly I know its nice to help people out.....but this generation of young people are so lazy(myself at times too) because its SO easy to find all these answers online......people just don't take the time to find the shit out themselves.

You can read all you want about customizing, but if you don't try yourself you won't learn anything.
I agree 100%

Please login first to reply.