Free Worldwide Shipping
Spend $150 USD or more. Click for details.
March 24, 2008 @ 03:55 PM
Inferno5402

I want to start customizing some shoes of my own for the summer or around this time to use my time for something good.

But....

I dont know where to start and the guide doesnt really help me

sad

Here's some questions I have :

1. what paints should I use ??/
2. Can you use the computer in some way to possibly print stencils or pics ?
3. Im a noob at drawing, do I have a chance ??
4. How much will all the materials I need cost ??
5. How did YOU start off ??
March 24, 2008 @ 04:50 PM
vinhhhh

If you read through the entire sticky, I'm about 100% sure that your questions will be answered. Keep reading.
March 24, 2008 @ 04:54 PM
DonOfDesign

My advice is find this info on your own like everyone else. Stickies will answer most of your questions, you must not have read them at all.
March 24, 2008 @ 04:57 PM
Artisan Muse

cmon man, the guide didnt help!!! You must be retarded then...Everything you could possibly want to know about customizing can be found on those 20 odd pages of "HOW TO" you mustnt have read that though. You start a new thread for this. UGH!!!!
March 24, 2008 @ 09:33 PM
Inferno5402

cmon man, the guide didnt help!!! You must be retarded then...Everything you could possibly want to know about customizing can be found on those 20 odd pages of "HOW TO" you mustnt have read that though. You start a new thread for this. UGH!!!!

Omfg, what is up with all the people on this forum?? I already ran into two people that been bitching at me and you one of them.

All I asked for was your views on shoe customizing and how should I start.

What ever happen to grandmas or mommas telling you that if you dont have anything nice to say then dont say anything at all ??

I know you dont have to sugercoat everything, but damn man.

Just in-case some of you are wondering where some members of this forum have gone, just ask this guy and some other people on here and you will find out.

I just join like 2 days ago and I already have folks complaining just because I asked a few questions....Now how does that sound ??
March 24, 2008 @ 09:52 PM
inkblott

^^ cosign. although a lot of the ppl whom u are referring to are very talented customizers. so....i c y they wud say "nobody answered our questions why shud we answer urs?" and the how to thread does pretty much answer everything.
March 24, 2008 @ 10:06 PM
Artisan Muse

I want to start customizing some shoes of my own for the summer or around this time to use my time for something good.

But....

sad

OK the reason you get negative feedback from people is because you start out being lazy. And quite frankly the people on this forum including myself are sick of hearing the same questions from someone who wants to be spoonfed info when its right in front of his face. Maybe you should go ahead and use those round things God gave you to read the stickies, then if you have a legit question about something on there then ask it, but in that thread,

question one can be answered very quickly guess where you can find it?? the stickies labeled "HOW TO"

Ill answer question two for you incase its too hard, yes you can, i like to use blue menthal photo fabric. you can print anything and stncil it if you want, use tape(masking or painters)

Being a noob at drawing means nothing about your ability to create an interesting pair of kicks unless your doing a hannah montanna, they dont go over well, painting takes patients, preparation, and skill, youll need to practice on some beaters first.

Materials will vary in cost depending on location, Paint can be found at http://www.turtlefeathers.com omg thats a clue. haha. ok anyway youll need some soft brushes in various sizes, acetone to take off the factory finish, tape, cotton balls, and i dont know where you can buy skill but you need that too, it takes a while, usually first time shoes arent the best. but sometimes theres diamonds in the rough.

I started off with pneumonia, an early return from college, and a pair of all white uptowns, I got bored and found hypebeast, got hooked and started goin at it, did a lot of research first. But once you see that finished product that will never be recreated the same you get this serious feeling of accomplishment. Best of luck to you and your endeavors but please, please,please READ BEFORE YOU ASK QUESTIONS.

now if you dont like this then i dont know

Peace.

BTW bacitracin is great for burns
March 24, 2008 @ 10:59 PM
Inferno5402

OK the reason you get negative feedback from people is because you start out being lazy. And quite frankly the people on this forum including myself are sick of hearing the same questions from someone who wants to be spoonfed info when its right in front of his face. Maybe you should go ahead and use those round things God gave you to read the stickies, then if you have a legit question about something on there then ask it, but in that thread,

question one can be answered very quickly guess where you can find it?? the stickies labeled "HOW TO"

Ill answer question two for you incase its too hard, yes you can, i like to use blue menthal photo fabric. you can print anything and stncil it if you want, use tape(masking or painters)

Being a noob at drawing means nothing about your ability to create an interesting pair of kicks unless your doing a hannah montanna, they dont go over well, painting takes patients, preparation, and skill, youll need to practice on some beaters first.

Materials will vary in cost depending on location, Paint can be found at http://www.turtlefeathers.com omg thats a clue. haha. ok anyway youll need some soft brushes in various sizes, acetone to take off the factory finish, tape, cotton balls, and i dont know where you can buy skill but you need that too, it takes a while, usually first time shoes arent the best. but sometimes theres diamonds in the rough.

I started off with pneumonia, an early return from college, and a pair of all white uptowns, I got bored and found hypebeast, got hooked and started goin at it, did a lot of research first. But once you see that finished product that will never be recreated the same you get this serious feeling of accomplishment. Best of luck to you and your endeavors but please, please,please READ BEFORE YOU ASK QUESTIONS.

now if you dont like this then i dont know

Peace.

BTW bacitracin is great for burns

See....thats all I wanted from you .....
I found some guides online btw
March 26, 2008 @ 08:52 PM
hziii

But....

sad

1. leather paints
2. yes
3. depends
4. depends
5. pick up shoe -> add paint to brush -> use brush to paint on shoe
April 2, 2008 @ 04:25 AM
qustomqueen

lol

I can understand why you would think that people are being rude to you, but please understand that everyone is new at some point and most people research what they are doing first - the fact that you have found some good guides online is great - google is prolly the best tool you will find at your stage.

the how did you do it question is irrelevant - trial and error is what gets most people their own style instead of feeding off other people. have a look through all the posts at peoples work to see what can be achieved then run with your own vision.

the eternal 'what paints' question is what gets negative replies btw smile

Please login first to reply.