Labor Day - Enjoy 25% Off Your Order. Use code: LABORDAY25
January 31, 2008 @ 06:28 PM
dyson

hello people,

i'm new here.

since i think nikes with 3m scotchlite reflector are pretty dope,
i got some questions. may be some one can help me.

if i want to custom a shoe. can glue the 3m on? do i have to sue it?
is there some kind of reflector color or reflector spray too?

which scotchlite do i have to take? a there different types? something i have to be aware of? how thick should it be? how expensive..

is there also some kind of glow color ?

thanks in advance
February 1, 2008 @ 05:18 PM
corkscrewed

dear SneakerNerd,

being such a fan of hypebeast, and it's helpful forums, i've decided to help you out. ANYTIME someone asks, "what kind of paint should i use, how do i customize shoes, what's the best shoes for customizing, what materials do i need?", i will gladly answer these questions. all i ask in return is that a payment of .10 be sent to my paypal account for each one of these questions. that way you'll be free to answer questions from people that aren't too lazy to read, or work on your own customs, and i'll be a millionaire! i figure it's the least i could do, considering all the valuable info i've gotten from this forum.

Sincerely,

Corkscrewed
February 1, 2008 @ 07:12 PM
BillionaireBoy

I put fabric paint (the cheap kind you use for screen printing) on some dunks and I want to remove it. What can I use?
February 3, 2008 @ 02:52 PM
qustomqueen

I put fabric paint (the cheap kind you use for screen printing) on some dunks and I want to remove it. What can I use?

acetone.
February 3, 2008 @ 02:56 PM
qustomqueen

dear SneakerNerd,

being such a fan of hypebeast, and it's helpful forums, i've decided to help you out. ANYTIME someone asks, "what kind of paint should i use, how do i customize shoes, what's the best shoes for customizing, what materials do i need?", i will gladly answer these questions. all i ask in return is that a payment of .10 be sent to my paypal account for each one of these questions. that way you'll be free to answer questions from people that aren't too lazy to read, or work on your own customs, and i'll be a millionaire! i figure it's the least i could do, considering all the valuable info i've gotten from this forum.

Sincerely,

Corkscrewed

lol
February 6, 2008 @ 12:19 AM
Mista Pitbulls

as for the liner/cuff, I havent figured out a way to do them aside from painting/dyeing of course. If you took the back of the shoe apart, I think it could be done quite easily...putting it back together would be the real trick. it can be done, but its super cumbersome

if you don't mind me asking, what kind of dye can i use? something like rits maybe?. and what do i use to apply the dye?
February 7, 2008 @ 04:29 PM
JuNotReadii

i have a pair of orange and black dunks i want to paint over. after i use the acetone, can i just paint right over the orange and black with the red, and once ive painted them red, can i put white on top of the red or do i have to put acetone again where i plan on putting the white?
February 9, 2008 @ 11:14 PM
billcass

first take some acetone to the shoe. then paint over it.
your gunna get a lot better result if you paint the white and then the red IMO. because its harder to paint a light color over a dark color.
February 10, 2008 @ 07:03 PM
Deuce Tray

if you are prepping a white AF1 and the white isn't coming off even with a scrub pad, is this ok??? i've never come across this before. All my other AF1's and other shoes have had the factory finish rub right off.
February 12, 2008 @ 04:51 AM
JuNotReadii

how much psi is needed using an airbrush to spray angelus leather paint?
February 12, 2008 @ 02:10 PM
Deuce Tray

as much psi as you want man, play around with it.
Anyone able to answer my question though....?
February 13, 2008 @ 11:29 PM
ABOMINATION

as much psi as you want man, play around with it.
Anyone able to answer my question though....?

Yeah you straight man, stop rubbing em before you rub off all the leather. I had a few peices on different shoes that did the same thing. And I get all my kicks from Foot Locker or Journeys and throughout the mall etc...
February 14, 2008 @ 12:16 AM
Deuce Tray

thanks man i m just used to that factory finish that you can rub off ya know, so when I came across this pair of Nikes and I couldn't rub the white off even with scrub pads i was like WTF. I guess i ll just straight paint it with my Angelus mix and hope it doesn't crack off. Thanks for the confididence though ABOMINATION much respect fam.
February 14, 2008 @ 05:14 PM
JuNotReadii

yo so i know that cotton balls are used to give the kicks the acetone rub-down but is there a less tedious way like with a rag or something?
February 14, 2008 @ 05:59 PM
Deuce Tray

read my post above yours fam
February 16, 2008 @ 04:56 PM
bownah

what dye should i use to dye saude? a used a leather dye but it just dryed up the saude
February 16, 2008 @ 05:30 PM
JuNotReadii

use a dye made for suede not leather. go to turtlefeathers.com
February 16, 2008 @ 05:30 PM
Deuce Tray

you should be able to find suede dye which should work fine on it.
February 16, 2008 @ 05:32 PM
JuNotReadii

anyone use the angelus preparer/deglazer? how does it compare to using acetone? are the results good?
February 17, 2008 @ 02:21 AM
Deuce Tray

they should be just the same, i would think acetone is still the best. I don't live in USA so when I asked what else i could use instead of their stuff. The guy from turtle feathers just said use acetone it works just as good. Don't worry about it fam.
February 21, 2008 @ 03:00 AM
ihaveajob

what is best to use when putting designs on the swoosh? also where can it be purchased?
February 21, 2008 @ 11:27 AM
Deuce Tray

Skill, it can't be purchased
February 21, 2008 @ 01:50 PM
ihaveajob

^hahahahahaha

i mean is it usually painted on? or is it some kind of glossy spray?
February 22, 2008 @ 05:50 PM
JuNotReadii

Yo so im gonna attempt to stitch some fabric onto a pair of dunks but how do i cut the fabric to be the right shape for the parts of the dunk, do i glue it on and then cut around it and then stitch?
February 28, 2008 @ 07:21 PM
corkscrewed

^ just go for it. that's all part of the fun of learning to customize. Thomas Edison said he learned 10,000 ways not to make a light bulb before he figured out one way to do it!
February 29, 2008 @ 10:11 PM
thekingbler

glitter help
www.baysiccdesigns.com/gallery/glitter/index.html

can some one please tell me what kind of product or glitter this person is using ???thank youuuuuuuuusmile
March 1, 2008 @ 06:01 PM
corkscrewed

www.baysiccdesigns.com/gallery/glitter/index.html

can some one please tell me what kind of product or glitter this person is using ???thank youuuuuuuuusmile

the kind that will get you laughed at if you come out of the house wearing some glitter kicks! try Walmart though if you really feel the need.
March 2, 2008 @ 12:30 PM
thekingbler

the kind that will get you laughed at if you come out of the house wearing some glitter kicks! try Walmart though if you really feel the need.

i know..i would never....but i wanna do the nike check on the airforce 1s for a girl...
March 2, 2008 @ 05:42 PM
thekingbler

to apply the glitter to stick do you just mix the glitter in the paint or use rubbler cement?thanxxxxx
March 2, 2008 @ 08:02 PM
Deuce Tray

to apply the glitter you need to experiment and see what works. think about it fam
Deazy.

Please login first to reply.