Halloween Sale - Up to 25% Off Your Entire Order - Use Code: NOTRICKS14
January 8, 2008 @ 08:37 PM
N00beasst

How to custom:
Vans Authentics?

I'm specifically wondering what paint to use?
Any pre-stage preperations needed to be done before 'actual painting'?
Tips and tricks for it.

Yeah, if anyone has the low down for it, please PM or reply back to this thread. Really got a blank pair of Authentics ready to drop some flavor into it.
January 11, 2008 @ 10:51 AM
Theseventhletter

read the thread and its customize not how to custom
January 11, 2008 @ 06:33 PM
Artisan Muse

hey sneaker nerd, how do i paint on shoes, do i use a special brush stroke technique???jkjkjkjk
January 11, 2008 @ 09:06 PM
alimjoko

Anyone have a good How To on replacing original shoe parts with denim or any other leather? Guides with pictures would be even more helpful. Thanks. And I already checked http://customsnkr.com/forum/index.php/topic,6.0.html, but I don't really understand it.

And do I really need a heavy-duty sewing machine to sew on material to the shoe?
January 12, 2008 @ 09:15 AM
d00m

Well, TheBlackCat, you don't really need to replace them. Just put some masking tape over the panels you want to cover w/ denim, trace them onto the tape. Peel off the tape and put it on the denim and cut out the stencil of the panel. Then with fabric glue, just glue it right on. Otherwise, you'd have to deconstruct the shoe which is a pain. If you wanna do it though, there's a decon. thread in this forum.
January 12, 2008 @ 05:41 PM
alimjoko

If I do glue it on, will it look like that it was made like that?
January 12, 2008 @ 06:50 PM
d00m

If you do a nice job, yes. Don't rush and take your time.
January 13, 2008 @ 03:12 PM
NolName

Can I use paint markers in place of angelus paint?
Can some one show me a guide on how to add fabrics to shoes?
January 15, 2008 @ 05:47 PM
Artisan Muse

yeah read the like 20 pages of posts, and stop asking so many questions on the thread, just read man it may take some time. or just listen to these simple instructions,

masking tape all over the part you want to switch, or add.
cut that section out.
put the tape of the cutout onto fabric
cut fabric to tape stencil
take fabric cutout and place on sneaker to see if it looks right
Goop or fabric glue spread evenly on sneaker into all cracks
place cutout on to the glue
wait
do not touch
sit down and wait let it dry
if you mess with it it can ruin it or mess it up worse
its done...
dont understand,
my suggestion is go <- that way
January 16, 2008 @ 07:47 PM
MlSSlNGNO

i saw a post that said how to paint rubber soles..what i do ..im not sure if its good or right..but it works for me.. is to spray it with clear coat..i think its just cuz im cheap but it works the only thing i dont like is its shiney.but paint sticks
January 17, 2008 @ 03:43 PM
Theseventhletter

ive painted midsoles and they cracked over a year later with casual wear
January 18, 2008 @ 06:17 PM
thekingbler

just wanted to know is swarvoski crystals the only crystals you can use on sneakers and what kind of glue is best ?(goop or shoe goop)
January 18, 2008 @ 06:35 PM
thekingbler

can anyone explain the process on how to snakers like this one posted in the link www.urbanstreetz.com/customized1_af1s.html
-what kind of crystals are those and did he paint them first then glue the crystals over them?thanxxxx
January 18, 2008 @ 06:49 PM
corkscrewed

^ shoes like that are hard to make. he glued the crystals on first and then painted the little ass spaces in between! seriously though...man please don't waste your time/money making some wack ass kicks like that! unless you live in Candyland, or are extremely gay (no offense if you're extremely gay), those are not at all hot.
January 18, 2008 @ 06:55 PM
thekingbler

not gay at all..lol...
i think there nice for girls..was curious on trying some similar for my girlfriend...any idea what kid of crystals?thanx for the help...
January 18, 2008 @ 07:00 PM
corkscrewed

ive painted midsoles and they cracked over a year later with casual wear

hey Nerd...did you just use Angelus on the midsole, or did you mix it with anything? i can deal with midsoles lasting a year before cracking! i was under the impression that after taking 5-6 steps the paint would start cracking!
January 18, 2008 @ 07:18 PM
corkscrewed

not gay at all..lol...
i think there nice for girls..was curious on trying some similar for my girlfriend...any idea what kid of crystals?thanx for the help...

ok...ok. it actually looks like they didn't paint the shoes at all. it looks like a pair of white on whites with blue and pink crystals. that's actually a pretty easy custom to do. you can go to any bead shop or arts and crafts store and get the crystals. tweezers, shoe goop, and a ton of patience...you're good to go. if you wanted to make the colors pop a little more, you can paint the portions that you're going to cover in crystals the same color as the crystals, and then apply the crystals over it.
January 18, 2008 @ 08:46 PM
thekingbler

thank you for your help....i really appreciate it...
January 18, 2008 @ 09:19 PM
Theseventhletter

hey Nerd...did you just use Angelus on the midsole, or did you mix it with anything? i can deal with midsoles lasting a year before cracking! i was under the impression that after taking 5-6 steps the paint would start cracking!

yup angelus no additives used on a pair of dunk highs what i did was put a tiny amount of paint on a brush and paint on several super thin layers and covered it with matte finish theyve really cracked more like scuffed from normal wear bumping into things and shit
January 18, 2008 @ 11:05 PM
sneakerHI

for some vans slip ons
acrylic paint
markers
or createx????

second
how exactly do you
add material?

sew
or glue

and last

any links to a guide on how to take a shoe apart
cause iss pic links arent working
January 19, 2008 @ 11:16 PM
Theseventhletter

read the GODDAMNED THREAD!
January 20, 2008 @ 04:25 AM
sneakerHI

lol damn my bad sneakernerd its just been a long ass while since ive been on hb
just need quicks answers cuz i started them and i hoped not to fuck up X___X
January 20, 2008 @ 11:55 AM
d00m

Alright, I need a clear answer on how to get images onto fabric. Is there a website I can use to pay for someone to do it? Is there something I can buy to do it myself? Can it be printed onto any fabric? I've heard answers of screen printing or iron pressing but that doesn't mean jack to me. What companies can get the job done for me, or what steps do I have to take.

Help is appreciated, thanks guys.
January 20, 2008 @ 10:08 PM
kwiz

read the GODDAMNED THREAD!

HAHAHA I feel you on that Nerd!!! I always check the thread to see if anyone has added something helpful and then notice the SAME thing being asked. |0
January 20, 2008 @ 10:18 PM
kwiz

Alright, I need a clear answer on how to get images onto fabric. Is there a website I can use to pay for someone to do it? Is there something I can buy to do it myself? Can it be printed onto any fabric? I've heard answers of screen printing or iron pressing but that doesn't mean jack to me. What companies can get the job done for me, or what steps do I have to take.

Help is appreciated, thanks guys.

I have been trying to figure this out also. So far, I have experimented with a few different procedures and no luck yet.

A few things I DO know.

-There are customizers using iron on transfers, I've tried a few but not happy w/the outcome. There must be a certain brand that works well, I just haven't found it yet.
-You can screen print images and use that, but it will cost you (unless you do it yourself) which will still cost for the initial set up.
-Or you can just go to a fabric store and pick a material that they have already made.

As for where to get it done... Just look up local screen printing companies and get quotes to see what your costs will be. You can go to any arts/craft store and get iron on or sew on transfers, but you will need to expirement with different kinds until you find the brand that you are satisfied with.

NOTE: do not use the Wilton easy image unless you are going to do the whole shoe in it or if you plan on using a glossy paint.

Other than that, let me know if anyone shares their secret or you find something cuz I would love to know.
January 21, 2008 @ 10:46 AM
Theseventhletter

as ive said before alot of customizers use printing fabric which is fabric sheets that can be used in an inkjet printer
January 21, 2008 @ 12:02 PM
VividCustoms

pabric.com buy the soft version..
January 21, 2008 @ 05:57 PM
d00m

Thanks guys.
January 21, 2008 @ 06:40 PM
pi iz exakly 3

i want to start off with all white shoes, but im not sure what material is best to work on. i am thinking nike, but i dont want to spend do much on them. any idea on which shoes to buy?
January 29, 2008 @ 11:40 PM
drshoemugg

I'm about to do this to my aqua chalks

I've seen some pics of people getting bad results after they wear their customs, even if painted properly with Angelus (check img254.imageshack.us/img254/8851/dsc00899wc5.jpg and i142.photobucket.com/albums/r103/adruffd/DSCN0395.jpg).

If I make these, I plan on wearing them as beaters but would definitely not want ANY chipping or cracking happening. So I'm asking, are the pics above isolated cases or should I expect even Angelus paint to turn out that uneven/scrape off easily when I'm done. Thanks

Please login first to reply.