Get an Extra 20% Off Sale Items - Use code: EXTRA20
August 26, 2007 @ 04:24 PM
corkscrewed

alright Nerd or EL i've got a serious question! i want to customize the sock liner (or cuff whatever). has anyone done this? i took apart a shoe to look at the construction...there doesn't really seem to be an easy way to go about this. any advice? i bought an awl the other day, but the holes it makes are too big. i'm thinking about just sewing by hand. ANY advice would be helpful!
September 1, 2007 @ 11:32 PM
WuGgaRoO

i want to rip apart my dunks and use totally different material... got any step by step thing-a-ma-bob
September 2, 2007 @ 08:52 PM
serious kickz

i was wondering how to do clear tongues..what material and how to do it..
September 4, 2007 @ 02:55 PM
emmanuelabor

alright Nerd or EL i've got a serious question! i want to customize the sock liner (or cuff whatever). has anyone done this? i took apart a shoe to look at the construction...there doesn't really seem to be an easy way to go about this. any advice? i bought an awl the other day, but the holes it makes are too big. i'm thinking about just sewing by hand. ANY advice would be helpful!

my awl came with 2 different sized needles. the smaller one seems really big, but the hole it makes closes up when you pull the thread through(if that makes any sense)
I believe they do have smaller needles for sale on their site though

as for the liner/cuff, I havent figured out a way to do them aside from painting/dyeing of course. If you took the back of the shoe apart, I think it could be done quite easily...putting it back together would be the real trick. it can be done, but its super cumbersome

as for invisible tongues...pretty easy to do. i cut out the original tongue, make a template, cut out heavy weight vinyl....I may sew 2 pieces together to make sure theyre sturdy, then hand sew them back where the OG tongues were with an awl
September 6, 2007 @ 06:08 PM
bapekiing

im a beginer to customizing and i want to paint some all white forces in blue and yellow but i dont know what other supplies i will need to do this?

thanks...smile
September 11, 2007 @ 12:33 AM
corkscrewed

ok...i'll chime in this time. my man...read the other 9 pages! that's probably the most asked, and therefore the most answered question on this thread.
September 13, 2007 @ 04:30 AM
flip.you.out

okay say, i want to sew fabric over parts of my shoes.
What if you want to use a fabric from a brand name? like persay a bag or something like that. Is it illegal to take appart the bag and use that fabric material onto your shoes?
September 13, 2007 @ 11:59 AM
emmanuelabor

no its not illegal. once you purchase thw bag, you can do with it whatever you want
September 13, 2007 @ 09:15 PM
flip.you.out

no its not illegal. once you purchase thw bag, you can do with it whatever you want

September 15, 2007 @ 05:38 PM
Pass Da Paint

Wus good. I got 3 questions

1. EL... wat site did u get that silver awl from?
does it make nice size holes?

2. wat steps do u take to make sure a shoe u r customizing for someone will have 100% wearability and durability?

3. EL... about your tongues with full color images. r those iron ons (if u dont mind revealing) wat brand gives u such good quality? and if u hav a lil time could u pm me a quick tutorial on the subject (hate to ask so much from u, but would be invaluably appreciated)
September 18, 2007 @ 02:24 AM
Deuce Tray

if it's that sewing awl you'r looking for try eBay, or amazon to buy of the net.

anyways, anyone here got any tips for painting in the "nike air and swoosh" on the back of air force one's. Or do you just have to have extrem amounts of patience and a steady hand?
September 18, 2007 @ 06:59 PM
emmanuelabor

if it's that sewing awl you'r looking for try eBay, or amazon to buy of the net.

anyways, anyone here got any tips for painting in the "nike air and swoosh" on the back of air force one's. Or do you just have to have extrem amounts of patience and a steady hand?

use the smallest brush you can and be patient...dont put very much paint on the brush either
September 18, 2007 @ 07:01 PM
emmanuelabor

Wus good. I got 3 questions

1. EL... wat site did u get that silver awl from?
does it make nice size holes?

2. wat steps do u take to make sure a shoe u r customizing for someone will have 100% wearability and durability?

3. EL... about your tongues with full color images. r those iron ons (if u dont mind revealing) wat brand gives u such good quality? and if u hav a lil time could u pm me a quick tutorial on the subject (hate to ask so much from u, but would be invaluably appreciated)

1. got it from a local store
2. I've tested my techniques on beater shoes that I wear around to make sure it'll work out.
3. as far as transfers go, I think HP for white shirts are the best
September 21, 2007 @ 03:34 AM
Deuce Tray

anyone got a good technique to get good looking splatters, sorta like i guess big blood splatters you know? All I can think of is to let paint drop or to spray it out of a straw or fling it off the brush. Any other ideas much appreciated.
September 21, 2007 @ 11:32 PM
Phil Nye

any tips on how to turn a pair of white authentics into a pair of purple ones?

fabric markers?

dye?

thanks.
September 22, 2007 @ 10:24 PM
JStorm803

Some questions on shirt painting:
What type of paint is good for tees, specifically Pro Club?

"I keep myself so lifted I'm accustom to new heights."

September 23, 2007 @ 01:03 AM
CTfunk

I've been looking for some leather laces along the likes of Visvims and John Varvatos, I'd like to know where I could acquire some quality leather laces. Or could fellow members make some recommendatoins?

Thank you.
September 24, 2007 @ 06:57 PM
IC3

ive seen many people here custom their own shoes and actually made them.

How do they do that?

1. Photoshop using tmeplate
2. then you print it out?

and then... ?
September 26, 2007 @ 12:46 AM
YungBrooklyn

Lets say i want to make a custom shoe, can i buy a plain white dunk and then paint over that? if so can anyone point me to where they sell plain white dunks for cheap. Thanks.
September 26, 2007 @ 10:48 AM
JStorm803

Lets say i want to make a custom shoe, can i buy a plain white dunk and then paint over that? if so can anyone point me to where they sell plain white dunks for cheap. Thanks.

All white dunks are actually pretty cheap, you can get them from Journeys.

"I keep myself so lifted I'm accustom to new heights."

September 29, 2007 @ 05:29 PM
TheGreatOne

just wonderin...how does one get that sort of fade effect like when one color fades into another
October 3, 2007 @ 03:29 PM
mute_uk

what sort of paint can i use, on any pair of trainers, from the UK?

And does anyone know a website that sells it?

I dont know where i can order angelus paint, because i live in the uk...
October 8, 2007 @ 10:32 PM
geniusofficial

how do you do bezzle bump?
October 14, 2007 @ 12:12 PM
dudenamedbeast

Stitching
I have two questions

Whats the best way to change the stitching colors, just paint them with a very thin brush or is it resewn?

And is there a reason no one uses leather dyes instead of leather paint?

thanx for your help
October 28, 2007 @ 05:06 PM
bennarju

Custom Soles
Is there any way to customize or color the soles to be the color you are looking for or do I just have to buy a pair that have the soles I'm looking for and just use those
October 29, 2007 @ 02:07 PM
Deuce Tray

well for the changing the colour of the soles, I heard you can only paint over it , BUT that it WILL crack for sure in only a couple walks so it will not last more than a day. I also heard, but have no tried this yet, from another shoe customizer that if you use Liquitex Varnish (gloss or matter finish) that you can paint the sole and have the colour stay on for a rather long period of time. I have used the stuff the change the colour of the AIR *line* on my AF1's and so far the colour has stayed on for about 2 weeks and not cracked or chipped after I take them out and walk or run with them.
November 3, 2007 @ 01:08 PM
N00beasst

How do I create a safari print like SBTG's custom Af1's? And I'm not gonna jock his shoe, I wanna use that pattern for the back part of my af1 highs.
November 7, 2007 @ 05:26 PM
ahhhrt

Just looks like a bunch of diff sized elipses.
November 13, 2007 @ 11:09 AM
geniusofficial

i need to know how you do bezzle bump thats my main focus now.
November 14, 2007 @ 11:39 PM
bam528

anyone have suggestions on color ratios to create hot pink?

Please login first to reply.