300+ New Sale Items (Up to 80% Off Selected Brands)
July 29, 2007 @ 01:44 PM
Theseventhletter

I tried doing a search but i didnt really come up with too much on this subject, but i was wondering how do you stich up a pair of shoes such as if i want to replace the nike swoosh with a different type of leather/material. Is that possible to do and make it look good.

patiencexsewing awl and blaow!
July 29, 2007 @ 03:48 PM
Copycat

I really want to make these

But I dont know a good base that has black soles and black stitching.....

I know they have carbon fiber sheets but I dont know how to stick them to the shoe.

And I want to have the horse stitched in black thread.

Any help?
July 29, 2007 @ 06:05 PM
Deuce Tray

ok cool thanks SneakerNerd. smile
July 29, 2007 @ 07:06 PM
kargosneakers

m
these are going to be my first customs. i will have all the correct equipment. shud i do the customizing on um beat up sneakers first or on my new af1s?
July 29, 2007 @ 09:28 PM
Dill

these are going to be my first customs. i will have all the correct equipment. shud i do the customizing on um beat up sneakers first or on my new af1s?

depends how confident you are
July 30, 2007 @ 08:47 AM
Theseventhletter

carbon fiber is way too brittle to attatch to a shoe best bet is getting faux CF that has more flex to ittry getting a shoe with a black sole and any other color stitchign around the midsole those stitches can be painted so its no big deal and if you want the ferrari horse embroidered on the heel youre gonna be in for a headache i would suggest getting it stenciled on but if youre determined to get it stitched youll have to find a place that embroiders leather/shoes
July 30, 2007 @ 10:52 AM
Dill

its going to be a pain in the ass with those checkers on that swoosh
July 30, 2007 @ 03:35 PM
Copycat

carbon fiber is way too brittle to attatch to a shoe best bet is getting faux CF that has more flex to ittry getting a shoe with a black sole and any other color stitchign around the midsole those stitches can be painted so its no big deal and if you want the ferrari horse embroidered on the heel youre gonna be in for a headache i would suggest getting it stenciled on but if youre determined to get it stitched youll have to find a place that embroiders leather/shoes

Thank you Sneaker! I will use all of your advice while making this thing.

its going to be a pain in the ass with those checkers on that swoosh

Ha its not paint its carbon fiber.
July 31, 2007 @ 01:02 PM
JesusIStheCURE

sewing curves w/machine
can any1 tell me how to sew curves witha sewing machine, im doing the swoosh and it's near impossible to adjust the fabric because the machine is holding it so tightly, if any1 has any tips or suggestions they would be greatly appreciated
July 31, 2007 @ 03:39 PM
Dill

you could glue the swoosh on ...then sew it...or sew it tho make it look like its been sewn but then glue it on the shoe....

idk i dont sew shoes
July 31, 2007 @ 04:13 PM
qustomqueen

Why is your machine holding it so tight? Your presser foot (the bit that holds the fabric in place while sewing) might need adjusted.

Practice with fabric or scrap leather until you get the hang of it, draw some circles, swirls etc on a piece and run it through the machine trying to follow the line. Try it with small stitches and larger ones to see what works best for you.

Make sure that whenever you are repositioning the leather, turning it etc, the needle is down through the leather to ensure that the line you are sewing isnt interrupted or put off.
August 1, 2007 @ 11:51 PM
Halfro

Um, not sure if this is the best place for these questions but:

Im planning on making a variation of these kicks:

of course most of you have prolly seen them along time ago, but i have a problem with nike only releasing 2 pairs. None in my size. sad so ive decided to do my own version in a white af1 mid. I saw the tutorial earlier in the thread on how to change the colors but, what paint is the best kind to use to get the most durable paint job on them?? ( i would like to wear them sometimes lol) Where should i go to get said paint??

Thanks in advance!
August 2, 2007 @ 06:25 PM
Theseventhletter

what the hell you talking bout brutha?confused

nike didnt release those, those are customs done by Emanuelabor himself an active member of this forum and making a variation of his work is kind of a custom world no-no

i would suggest you get another idea
August 2, 2007 @ 07:34 PM
Halfro

what the hell you talking bout brutha?confused

nike didnt release those, those are customs done by Emanuelabor himself an active member of this forum and making a variation of his work is kind of a custom world no-no

i would suggest you get another idea

Oh, lolz. New to the boards and fashion world in general, I read some where that nike did those. my bad. Well either way they are really tight and i want to own a pair of my own. Im not trying to claim credit for them or anything. i just like them so, if i cant buy'em, i was gonna try and make'em lolz

smile
August 6, 2007 @ 07:41 PM
Dxts...

i've been searchin for days and i still can't find it.

I just need to know (with the sneaker templates in photoshop) how can i post an image to only one layer so they dont go over the line?

do i have to use lasso and do it manually?

http://dxts.bandcamp.com/

August 7, 2007 @ 07:18 PM
STNDRD

ok, i've read the whole thread and just want to clear up a few things.
1) could i use some older dunks, beat up, but not falling apart?
2) i don't want to change any fabric so could i just completly use paint, and if so i would want to use acrylic.
3) i would have to remove the old paint?
August 7, 2007 @ 11:34 PM
Theseventhletter

ok, i've read the whole thread and just want to clear up a few things.
1) could i use some older dunks, beat up, but not falling apart?
2) i don't want to change any fabric so could i just completly use paint, and if so i would want to use acrylic.
3) i would have to remove the old paint?

you can but once painted unless youre really good theyll look like shit

yes just use paitn if you want but use angelus its a leather acrylic paint

acetone
August 8, 2007 @ 05:14 PM
STNDRD

thanks alot. if i do them ill put up some pictures. and i was just looking at the paint, could is use Angelus Leather Preparer-Deglazer instead of acetone?
August 9, 2007 @ 12:17 PM
doctorkobe

Wow this is great stuff. I'm very new and trying to start my collection I have around $190. Is that enough to make a customized shoe. If so also what kinda of paint and do i NEED a airbrush or can I just paint. I am confindent with art skills but dont know which supplies are the best. Please respond thanks!

READ THE THREAD
August 14, 2007 @ 08:01 AM
Theseventhletter

it depends on what kind of logo you want on the heel of the shoe either an embroidered logo or a painted one. granted the latter is the easier of the two is pretty much self explanatory prep the area of the logo with acetone stencil or hand paint the logo and finish it now the embroidered logo may be a bit harder ive personally never done anything like it but i would assume since the heel cap is there ( the hard plastic part in the heel of almost everyshoe ) it would be a bit more difficult none the less theres bound to be more than oen way to do it try asking shoe repair and embroidery shops if they can embroider your design if not but some leather embroider it and put it over the area you want it on remember youll be covering th eentire backside of the shoe if you do it this way ask around a bit more before tackling this one you may come up with some gold
August 15, 2007 @ 02:50 AM
Skyl!ne

um, not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but i'll give it a shot anyway...well im orderin some gucci fabric and buyin a pair of white af1's and i was wonderin if i took em into a shoe repair shop, would they be able to stitch the fabric on the shoe for me? cuz i dont really have the time to experiment and do it myself.

thanks.
August 15, 2007 @ 10:53 PM
Theseventhletter

.....i pray to God youre kidding...i seriously hope you are...seriously
August 16, 2007 @ 10:09 PM
FlavaSava

What type of paint would I use?

And how to stuff tongue?
August 18, 2007 @ 06:30 AM
yingbott

hey a buddie of mine was going through my design portfolio and saw my mario dunks he said hell pay me to make them do i have to use a white nike cuz for a custom job 80 is steep for the af1 euro if i use acetone on a shoe of a different color will the colors i paint the shoe come out different help?
August 21, 2007 @ 09:42 PM
STNDRD

where do you buy acetone? can you get it a like a home store or do you need to go to a science place cause its a chemical right? and is it safe or do you need a mask filter thing?
August 22, 2007 @ 05:42 PM
Theseventhletter

hardware stores
August 22, 2007 @ 06:22 PM
emmanuelabor

yeah, you need gloves and a mask....good ventilation is important. I never used to use gloves or a mask or worry about ventilation, but lately, its been catching up with me
from here on out, I've been prepping outside, and using gloves

*prays I dont have cancer*
August 22, 2007 @ 07:53 PM
MlSSlNGNO

to the question about the logo .. did you want it embroided or just on there.. ? cuz if you didnt want it embroided i suggest you get it airbrushed.. but with a stencil .. all stencil.. because then itll get that fuzzy .. i dont like that.. but its up to you
August 23, 2007 @ 01:12 PM
STNDRD

thanks. just a dust mask or a ventalator mask? like one of those white ones that are fabricy or more advanced mask. and specific gloves. like doctor ones or...? thanks for all the help.
August 26, 2007 @ 10:41 AM
YAYO=CASH

where can i buy leather from snake croc and normal leather

Please login first to reply.