Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
March 4, 2009 @ 10:00 PM
Gelatin

Hey all, I just read through the past 24 pages of this thread, and have a few questions before I begin to customize.

1) What is the "sole"?

2) So Acetone is used to remove the factory paint, before applying on your own paint, correct?

3) Can you paint the rubber part of the shoe with success, or will it crack? (I think this has been asked, sorry if it was)

4) Airbrushed used to paint the base layer of the shoe, but can you just use regular Angelus paint to do it?

5) Acetone + Angelus paint = duller colors, right? If I don't have an airbrush, can I just use this method?

6) What do I add to the shoe after I'm done. Satin or Matte.. which one?

7) After the painting of the shoe is complete, do I let it dry before adding the Matte or Satin, or apply it after?

8 ) Specifically, if I was to order from turtlefeathers.net, should I get Satin or Matte?

9) Turtlefeathers.net sells silicone water repellent, is this necessary?

Alright, I'm done with the questions for now.
March 10, 2009 @ 04:52 PM
GracieJiuJitsu

I somehow got a small, grease-like stain on the tongue of my Gourmet Diablos and I can't remove it. I want to get some paint just to lightly blotch the stained area. The color of the Diablos are eggshell. Is there an off-white, cream, or eggshell color paint you can use for sneakers?

Links please.
March 11, 2009 @ 03:49 AM
corkscrewed

I somehow got a small, grease-like stain on the tongue of my Gourmet Diablos and I can't remove it. I want to get some paint just to lightly blotch the stained area. The color of the Diablos are eggshell. Is there an off-white, cream, or eggshell color paint you can use for sneakers?

odds are, you're gonna have to mix your own paint for that one. beige+white+experimentation=eggshell!
March 19, 2009 @ 02:54 PM
NameBeBrian

how would i swap toungues on a pair of shoes like this"?
sneakernews.com/2009/02/10/alife-chuck-everybody-america-high/
April 8, 2009 @ 08:58 PM
Killypants

Anyone know what the best paint to use is for repainting midsoles on Jordans? (Fire Red Vs, the black and red part)
April 21, 2009 @ 06:49 PM
*MILK*

You can try createx. It lasted on the bottom of some am90's I did for my girl...and I painted the full sole, around the bubble and all.
June 17, 2009 @ 02:33 PM
Paioe

Lace Locks
does anyone one know how I can get some made?
September 16, 2009 @ 02:16 PM
Hungry-4-Worms

nice
nice
October 24, 2009 @ 12:51 PM
snuff_daddy

what do u recommend i use to paint/color the metal lace openings on a pair of chucks

and i also want to paint/remove the black stripe around the sole...whats the best way to do tha without harming the white sole

October 29, 2009 @ 03:50 AM
Cuban Pete

OK, Ive done a little reading and i have a couple of questions I saw but couldnt see an answer to.

1. You can use acetone to take the finish off but on Turtlefeathers they sell Angelus preparer and deglazer. Does that work as well or do you have to use acetone?

2. Im after dope lacelocks too, any ideas where to get decent ones? Im not google shy or anything but I cant seem to find any.

3. Does angelus leather paint work on suede/nubuck or is there special paint/dye for that?

4. Can you use normal Sharpie permanent markers (I find pens easier for detail) if you use the leather balm/finisher stuff (that puts the 'finish' back on) you can get on Turtlefeathers to protect the design?

5. Do you need to use the finisher on top of the paint or is the angelus leather paint ok by itself? (seen two different answers for that one so I want to make sure)

Roll on payday. Turtlefeathers here I come!

Please reply, even if its just to tell me where the answers are cos I really cant see them. (and yes, I do wear glasses).
November 8, 2009 @ 06:49 AM
mlvn

custom vans
what kind of paint or pen should i use to color my vans era? id like to color it black
November 29, 2009 @ 12:31 AM
mlvn

what kind of paint or pen should i use to color my vans era? id like to color it black
December 29, 2009 @ 08:59 PM
TMFVernX94

Needs Help with Vinyl Stickers
What's good guys. I got Circut expressions a machine that's cuts out Vinyl stickers but It doesn't let you cut out your own designs. I been looking for something that let's you cut out your own Vinyl sticker designs. Any suggestions? Or should I just do it the Manuel way print out the design and cut it out perfectly.
January 14, 2010 @ 10:39 PM
Hellah Fresh

if you cut all the stitching, then get a heat gun, or hairdryer. and start heating up the glue. careful of heating teh same spot for too long, cause youll burn the rubber.... jus keep the heat gun moving

So to remove the upper sewing part of the shoes from the rubber soles use cut out the thick threads and use a heat gun to pull it apart? but putting it back together what kinda glue?
January 30, 2010 @ 06:38 PM
blackorean

The soles of my aqua 8's are cracking (blue and purple parts) what type of paint should i use ive heard of angelus but im pretty sure thats just for leather right? should i just use acrylic?
March 13, 2010 @ 07:23 AM
wkm919

okokok
May 4, 2010 @ 01:58 PM
forEst

Fiya
November 12, 2010 @ 03:12 AM
kicksparty

custom sneakers
may wanna try this site: kicksparty.comrazz>sad
November 12, 2010 @ 03:13 AM
kicksparty

cool air jordan shoes, up to 70% off!
November 24, 2010 @ 12:54 AM
flashvideo

nice thread.
March 2, 2011 @ 04:45 AM
CGC U.K

Thriller sneakers
Hi there as a newbie and this being my 1st pair of customs I made the mistake of not wearing latex gloves and now the inside of my sneakers is dirty looking. Is there a way to make it white again or do I need to paint it white. If so what paint would you used on the inside o the sneakers?

Any help much appreciated I dont want my 1st pair to be ruined

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
March 3, 2011 @ 09:30 AM
CGC U.K

Heat responsive paint
I saw a few video of Qustom Queen and she uses something in her paint that makes it change colour when heat is applied. Anyone know how to do this technique or is it top secret Queenie ?
March 19, 2011 @ 10:40 AM
Nrek

I just bought white air force one lows. I use Angelus leather paints for leather. There is some videos of people prepping and painting Air Jordans midsoles. What about AF1:ns? Is it possible to paint tongue or midsoles, will the paint crack?
July 20, 2011 @ 06:40 PM
Drfunk1986

quick question, does anyone here know how to stuff a tongue on a nike dunk? Second, what do you do to cusomize the shoe insole? As in either screen printing over and such, what material do you use to heat glue over the regular insole?
May 19, 2013 @ 03:39 PM
heatfiend

1). How do you paint the inside of some shoes, such as jordan 3s, in the threezys custom, their pink.

2).Is it okay to paint upper on jordan 3s?

Please login first to reply.