October 6, 2008 @ 12:33 AM
the god

Paint smears on shoe
Help the paint on my shoe is smearing and i dont know what i am doing wrong if i prep it any more its tears the shoe all up especially the check if done it before. They are fakes but i am new at this and i am trying to learn first please help
October 15, 2008 @ 12:59 AM
rahulmittal

Re: Official How-to-Thread!
You have made such a nice thread. I had been thinking about doing this from a long time but I was too lazy to do it.

Houston Best Florist loans with no credit check pisos vilafranca download iPhone ringtones
October 20, 2008 @ 11:53 PM
whachusay?

how do you color fade???
October 21, 2008 @ 08:04 PM
jeremys14

what can be done to paint the suede stripe on pumas?
October 22, 2008 @ 12:30 AM
nisco

what can be done to paint the suede stripe on pumas?

get suede dye, or leather dye
October 22, 2008 @ 09:20 PM
jeremys14

thnks
October 31, 2008 @ 06:48 PM
Mindstate

Anyone got a good topic/site with alot of information if you're starting out (covering materials to use, techniques, clean shoes etc.)
November 6, 2008 @ 02:12 PM
corkscrewed

how do you color fade???

airbrush.
November 6, 2008 @ 02:13 PM
corkscrewed

Anyone got a good topic/site with alot of information if you're starting out (covering materials to use, techniques, clean shoes etc.)

you mean like the 1st 15 pages of this how to section? don't be scared to read. all the answers you're looking for are here.
December 2, 2008 @ 02:28 PM
lrg freak

help
yo i want to do the elephant print? like on jordans. are the black lines just random or do i have to do them a certain way
December 6, 2008 @ 09:01 PM
*MILK*

A certain way if you want it to look exactly like it. Just eyeball it really.
January 5, 2009 @ 06:42 PM
ThePepperSkull

I got a pair of black leather wallabees and they differ from the suede ones visually because they have black paint or dye on the soles.

Is there a way to take off/strip the paint/dye on these crepe soles? Would simply applying some acetone work?

I want them to go from looking like this:

to looking like this:

January 5, 2009 @ 06:52 PM
hatchofchi

wallabees yuck!!!
January 13, 2009 @ 07:46 AM
Paioe

Does it matter what color the leather is when you're painting on it?
January 18, 2009 @ 11:06 PM
ctangcoy

I'm planning on making my first custom shoes, but i'm wondering what kind of paint should i use and that other fancy stuff. (Im gonna be working on some chuck taylors so something that goes good with fabric)

Also where can i get the supplies? (I live in canada btw)
January 23, 2009 @ 10:39 PM
rlg

whats up?just got my first set of paints today.want to get started soon.any advice from start to finish,supplies,technique,etc. would be cool.thanx.
January 24, 2009 @ 07:32 PM
corkscrewed

^ if you read and follow the directions contained within the previous 22 pages of this thread....you'll be one of the best customizers out there!
January 24, 2009 @ 07:35 PM
corkscrewed

quick question. i just bought the tool to add different eyelets (i think that's the right word- the metal holes that laces go in), and a variety of different colored ones. my question is how do you remove the original ones without tearin up the leather? is there a tool for that?
January 27, 2009 @ 04:25 AM
mrhappybizzar

I just want to let everyone in here know that I have read the previous 23 pages and if I did happen to miss the answer to any of the questions that I'm about to ask then I apologize. I would also like to thank everyone in advance for any help that can be provided, and to thank you all for taking the time to answer everyone else's questions, the answers have already answered a lot of my questions. Here are my questions:

1. Is it necessary to completely disassemble a shoe before dying the sock liner (I realize it would be easier, but I don't think that I have the skills necessary to do this)? Also, should I use suede dye, leather dye, or is there some other kind of dye that would be superior?

2. If I want to paint the insole of a shoe, should I just use the Angelus paint for that as well or is there something that would do a better job?

3. If I used a pair of all black AF1s as a base shoe for a customization, would it be necessary to use acetone on the stitching if that is all I wanted to paint?
January 27, 2009 @ 07:09 AM
Crepe

anyone know what material i can use to stuff the tongue of dunk SBs?
January 30, 2009 @ 11:43 AM
Paioe

I can't find all leather dunk highs anywhere. Can somebody help me out?
January 31, 2009 @ 04:06 AM
corkscrewed

1. Is it necessary to completely disassemble a shoe before dying the sock liner (I realize it would be easier, but I don't think that I have the skills necessary to do this)? Also, should I use suede dye, leather dye, or is there some other kind of dye that would be superior?

2. If I want to paint the insole of a shoe, should I just use the Angelus paint for that as well or is there something that would do a better job?

3. If I used a pair of all black AF1s as a base shoe for a customization, would it be necessary to use acetone on the stitching if that is all I wanted to paint?

1. you can paint it. thin out some angelus and add fabric medium to it, and paint it in thin layers. it'll make the fabric a little stiffer, but not unwearably stiff.
2. i would take the design and print it on a iron on transfer, iron that onto an old tshirt and glue that to the insole. it'll save you paint, plus you can add graphics and whatnot.
3. the acetone is just to remove any protective coating. for the stitching, all you need to do is paint it.
February 1, 2009 @ 10:45 AM
BRAND X

Taking apart AF1 soles
I've read this entire thread for the past three days, I've painted kicks before, added fabric, etc. but this is gonna be my first time deconstructing a shoe completely. my question is how do
I take aprt the soles of an AF!. I've got all of the stitching out, now what?
February 2, 2009 @ 09:52 PM
nisco

I've read this entire thread for the past three days, I've painted kicks before, added fabric, etc. but this is gonna be my first time deconstructing a shoe completely. my question is how do
I take aprt the soles of an AF!. I've got all of the stitching out, now what?

if you cut all the stitching, then get a heat gun, or hairdryer. and start heating up the glue. careful of heating teh same spot for too long, cause youll burn the rubber.... jus keep the heat gun moving
February 3, 2009 @ 06:02 AM
BRAND X

Thanx !!!!!
I truly appreciate that homie !!!!! As soon as I get off work I will be doing that!!!!! cool
February 3, 2009 @ 02:51 PM
Cuban Pete

Hi guys,

Im new but dont worry, I read all the previous pages and dont think anyones asked this;

Ive used permanent markers to graf up my sneakers. I need to seal the design so theres no transference of colour (cos my first pair did a bit).

What do you recommend to seal it?

Ive found this stuff http://www.repairproducts.co.uk/page29.htm , what do you reckon?

Also, does that Shoe Goo glue anything to the sneaks?
Do you have to acetone them first?
February 3, 2009 @ 03:21 PM
mrhappybizzar

1. you can paint it. thin out some angelus and add fabric medium to it, and paint it in thin layers. it'll make the fabric a little stiffer, but not unwearably stiff.
2. i would take the design and print it on a iron on transfer, iron that onto an old tshirt and glue that to the insole. it'll save you paint, plus you can add graphics and whatnot.
3. the acetone is just to remove any protective coating. for the stitching, all you need to do is paint it.

Thank you for answering my questions, I appreciate the help. One more question, does anyone know of a place where you can buy any kind of lace locks?
February 5, 2009 @ 04:39 AM
Cuban Pete

Yes, I was after fancy lace locks too.
February 9, 2009 @ 02:51 PM
BRAND X

haven't seen it posted but if so direct me to the right page. . . . . what is the easiest way to get a fleck pattern onto a shoe. For example the MArty Mcfly dunks, hyperdunks, etc. is using an airbrush gun the easiest way? also is there a real good paint that I could use to paint the top part of the soles on dunks that won't crack to hell when someone first wears ta shoe?
February 17, 2009 @ 09:00 AM
JoshDunkHead

Help
so i got bored and took the netting off my beat high hairs.
cleaned up a little, and not sure what to do next.
the white paint has come up off the toe box, so was wondering what to use to fix it?
plus, the tongue's gone a bit grey ish and was wondering how i can make em nice and white again.
i've never done a custom before, so i dont know what to use or how to use it.

and help would be greatly appreciated, plus and suggestions for what i could do to them would be great. was thinking maybe a magenta swoosh, but id like something more out of the box.

cheers.

Please login first to reply.