May 21, 2008 @ 04:15 PM
Fabbe

Hey all.
I
May 21, 2008 @ 05:27 PM
*MILK*

angelus emailed me saying that they are now a .net site. The fake leather I probably would take it easy on rubbing them. i'll post pics of some vandals where the swoosh peeled due to the leather.
May 22, 2008 @ 12:31 AM
fresh4life

I need some help with whate kind of paint and like sealant to use on the sole of some dunks. I need to know what kind of paint wont chip or peal, or what i have to put on it. If anyone has some ideas, let me know
May 22, 2008 @ 01:31 PM
*MILK*

Its called rubberbond. Search a company called parasol inc., 40 bucks per can and you better mask the hell out of your shoes. It sprays with a mushroom cloud. Good luck.

Also, don't sleep on createx for all you guys who can't obtain angelus.

msglenght
May 27, 2008 @ 04:58 PM
Jermo

what kind of paint should i use on these vandels
images.nicekicks.com/images/nike-highlighter-hero-rad-neon-dunks-vandals-1.jpg
the neon yellow and green are not like the leather its kind of different
i dont know how to describe it but if someone knew then i would greatly appreciate their help. and also if i want to change the colour of the strap would i have to dye it? if not what do i do
thanks
May 28, 2008 @ 06:16 PM
*MILK*

so you want to know how to paint the straps?
June 1, 2008 @ 04:32 PM
Fabbe

hi all!
I just wondering where you guys get the little piece of logo on the shoes. you know like the piece of material you have on the toung or what its called...
June 5, 2008 @ 07:23 PM
Tedums

A few questions:

1. What kind of paint works best?

2. Where is the best place to get some plain white nikes for cheap?
June 19, 2008 @ 08:23 PM
*MILK*

A few questions:

1. What kind of paint works best?

2. Where is the best place to get some plain white nikes for cheap?

Go here cool
http://hypecrew.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35255
June 28, 2008 @ 06:20 PM
ktupac909

i don't think this question has been asked

how do you put the glow sticks on your shoes so they can glow in the dark?
June 30, 2008 @ 04:28 AM
L.A.R.93

....dont use glow sticks. use the glowing paint.

if i dye a shoe. do i use a foam brush? does the shoe need any prep?
June 30, 2008 @ 03:13 PM
Mr Chubbs

I want solid colored slip ons or eras. So could i just dye them? Their totally canvas so it couldnt be too hard. And would it also die the sole? THanks guys, any info would help. peace.

www.totallyfoolproof.com

July 1, 2008 @ 12:36 AM
ktupac909

im not talking about glow paint i'm talking about glow string
July 19, 2008 @ 03:07 PM
foekk

for the guys who do their customs with a sewing machine.. what type of sewing machine do you use? (brand name, type).. im curious to know since the material is indeed thick.
July 22, 2008 @ 09:06 PM
BillionaireBoy

if i use fabric paint is there something I can put on it to prevent it from cracking/coming off?

also, is painting the sole/bottom of a shoe strictly a no no or is there a good way to do this?
July 28, 2008 @ 10:02 AM
singh

so i've just read thru 21 pages of posts and i just need to clear a couple things up before i give my first customs a go:

1/ if i want to dye the lining and the stiching, do i knock the dye up in a bucket or something then submerge the kicks and then leave to dry before starting on the leather?

2/ soles can be done with angelus but after a while they'll crack?

3/ i read somewhere that to get a croc print you have to burn away the leather or something like that? would a soldering iron work?

4/ do i add a clear lacquer to make the paint shiney?

i think thats it,

any help would be good,

cheers
August 3, 2008 @ 09:55 PM
AMERIKS

Damn lol i never knew people customized their shoes in this fashion.... Are there certain markers and such that will stick to the leather? I don't think i'll be taking my shoe apart.
August 5, 2008 @ 11:05 AM
*MILK*

JELLO: Angelus or Createx airbrush paint

AMERIKS: You dont have to take the shoe apart, just tape what you don't want painted. "coloring" with markers probably wont make the finish even, just take some beaters and practice painting them.

SINGH: Paint the die on. Dipping the whole shoe in will mess it up.

Yes, painting a sole will crack after awhile. Google "rubber bond" and use for the sole, the company's name is parasol inc.

Soldering will work fine for croc and other engraving

Use a gloss varnish for shine. Angelus sells this as well if you plan on using that paint.
August 11, 2008 @ 02:49 PM
overkill321

iron on transfers
is it possible to use an iron on transfer on a leather sneaker?
I have a really good concept for a sneaker design, but im not that great at freehand drawing.

Sorry if this has been answered before but my internet is slow and I gave up trying to get through all of the pages.

Thanks,
August 13, 2008 @ 09:17 PM
*MILK*

Not really sure on if/can/how well, that would work. You could iron it on some fabric and then put the fabric on the shoe
August 14, 2008 @ 05:55 PM
alleyooptroop

i've got a pair of original cement jordan 3's. the mid soles are starting to crack and crumble. through my research it looks like replacing the mid sole is out of the question so i'm just trying to buy some time so i can wear them every so often. what i'd like to do is to coat the whole midsole somehow so that it doesn't crumble off. one thought i had was to use caulking or shoe goo or similar type flexible material to hold everything in. then paint the coating to match the original off white and black. could you guys give me advice/suggestions?
August 14, 2008 @ 06:42 PM
*MILK*

Shoe goo may work, but I would let em go. Do you know that the retros are coming?
August 14, 2008 @ 10:39 PM
alleyooptroop

Shoe goo may work, but I would let em go. Do you know that the retros are coming?

yeah, but i thought only in black. are they releasing a white iii as well?
August 15, 2008 @ 11:31 AM
*MILK*

nah, just black. You may just have to retire em.
August 16, 2008 @ 04:27 PM
Nicola1/3

Printed Fabric
Does anybody know what brand of printer fabric would be best to put on some customs?
And what particular brand of printer is needed if any?
PM me or just reply soon.
thanks
August 17, 2008 @ 08:58 AM
eteled

The white area on the midsole of my cool grey 4's is starting to crack a bit. So I figured out it would be possible to paint over them again with white painting. Is this possible?

What painting should I use?

These are the areas that is starting to crack

Picture of my cool greys.

September 14, 2008 @ 03:29 PM
xXAc3BzXx

coolIm trying to get started in this custom shoe game and i already know about what paints and im also good at drawing things.What i wont to know is how to change the tongues of shoes and what do i need to do it? Is it possible to switch the inside, or do i just need to paint it. Where can i get differnet patterns that can go on the leather and sew different fabrics on? Any pictures or tutorials out there i've alot of looking around.sadconfused
September 15, 2008 @ 12:38 PM
Dethkiss

Is there any way to change the color or an airbag? People do some ridiculous things, so I figured some one on here would at least be able to tell me its impossible. Thanks.
September 16, 2008 @ 12:23 AM
Killypants

hey so I'm about to embark upon a restoration/customization project...I picked up a pair of beat Pure Money IIIs and I plan to turn them into a grape-influenced colorway, something along the lines of this:
img242.imageshack.us/my.php?image=3grapejd5.jpg
As you can see, I'm not painting any leather, so I don't need leather paints. What type of paints SHOULD i use?
September 16, 2008 @ 04:12 PM
xXAc3BzXx

how is this a how to when no one answers questions? "theres a question 4 ya"suprised>sad>sad

Please login first to reply.