Labor Day - Enjoy 25% Off Your Order. Use code: LABORDAY25
March 11, 2008 @ 09:15 PM
eatmyessbees

Most use a special sewing machine, that would cost around $900-$2000, so if you wanna dish out that much just to do a custom then by all means do you, but if you are a serious customizers it's an good investment to get. As for others yes they claim to do it by hand I'm not sure how true this is or not so I can talk about it any further.

Also there is the Illusion that it's stiched on, you make a template of the area you want to put fabric on and cut of the same exact size of that area and cut the fabric into that shape. Then get a sewing machine any regular 79.99 one at wal mart or something should do,(depending on the thickness of your fabric) and just sew around the edges and glue it back onto the shoe and bam if you did a clean enough Job it looks like you stiched it on by hand.

I could go into major detail with #2 but I think this is something you need to lear on your own. Not to be mean but its pretty fun(nerd customizer smile ) to take the shoe apart and figure out how its done, I have taken apart well ove 10 pairs of serious beaters to figure things out.

As for putting the shoe back together use a sewing machine like I said will cost from $900-$2000.

No problems, some acrylics cant be used, so give me an brand that you want to use and I'll tell you what you need to do.

anita's permanent acrylics??

www.createforless.com/products/productDetail.asp?ProductID=8364
March 12, 2008 @ 05:03 PM
JuNotReadii

i finished a pair of customs but never mixed in the duller during the process, would i be able to put on a coat now that theyre done, or would that fuk them up?
March 12, 2008 @ 06:32 PM
bownah

Most use a special sewing machine, that would cost around $900-$2000, so if you wanna dish out that much just to do a custom then by all means do you, but if you are a serious customizers it's an good investment to get. As for others yes they claim to do it by hand I'm not sure how true this is or not so I can talk about it any further.

Also there is the Illusion that it's stiched on, you make a template of the area you want to put fabric on and cut of the same exact size of that area and cut the fabric into that shape. Then get a sewing machine any regular 79.99 one at wal mart or something should do,(depending on the thickness of your fabric) and just sew around the edges and glue it back onto the shoe and bam if you did a clean enough Job it looks like you stiched it on by hand.

I could go into major detail with #2 but I think this is something you need to lear on your own. Not to be mean but its pretty fun(nerd customizer smile ) to take the shoe apart and figure out how its done, I have taken apart well ove 10 pairs of serious beaters to figure things out.

As for putting the shoe back together use a sewing machine like I said will cost from $900-$2000.

No problems, some acrylics cant be used, so give me an brand that you want to use and I'll tell you what you need to do.

so can you hand stich a whole shoe together?
March 12, 2008 @ 07:10 PM
JuNotReadii

i finished a pair of customs but never mixed in the duller during the process, would i be able to put on a coat now that theyre done, or would that fuk them up?
March 12, 2008 @ 08:15 PM
Deuce Tray

you can put a coat of the colour mixed with duller on now. it won't ruin your shoe.
all it will do is dull down the colour. I assume your shoe is very shiny.
March 17, 2008 @ 05:48 PM
krae_

can i find angelus paint in any stores? like michaels or jo-anns? or just the internet?
March 20, 2008 @ 03:39 PM
vinhhhh

Pretty sure this hasn't been asked yet...

But, my brush control is kinda wack and I'm a lot better with pencil or whatever. Is it a good idea, or anything alternative, to drawing/making your design on the shoe then painting over it?

And using any painting tape (like the green ones) would probably not damage the paint right?

EDIT: Last question... When adding acetone to the paint to thin it out, what's the indication for it to be just the right thickness?
March 20, 2008 @ 08:39 PM
Deuce Tray

if your brush control is whack you pretty much just have to practice and practice. if you want to paint over it you could cut your image out and make a mask of it then simply just peel it off after.

painting tape doesnt hurt your paint as long as it has dried obviously, you can use either the blue or green.

when putting acetone in the paint to thin it, it is basically thin enough when it is like water, i am assuming your are using an airbrush otherwise why do you want to thin the paint down???

If you are painting it on you dont need to really thin it down with chemicals just spred the paint out as much as possible and apply it to the shoe in really thin coats.
March 21, 2008 @ 09:17 PM
Artisan Muse

Yes you can hand stitch a whole shoe together, you need a sewing awl and about three weeks of patience. And dont expect for the kicks to look good on your first try.
March 21, 2008 @ 09:31 PM
arjan

I would like to change the swoosh color on my dinosaur jr's. how would i go about doing this?
March 21, 2008 @ 11:13 PM
vinhhhh

Thanks for the answers. Another question, I don't think I've seen this question on this thread yet so if it's here I'll keep snooping.

Anyways, is there like a tutorial on how to disassemble and reassemble?

EDIT: And anywhere I could find cheap Adidas Superstars online shipping to Canada? Cheap? =D
March 23, 2008 @ 04:13 PM

Inactive

can i find angelus paint in any stores? like michaels or jo-anns? or just the internet?

Its not in most art stores, as its mostly for painting leather. Youre better off finding angelus products in shoe repair shops.

Look at
www.caningshop.com/
www.turtlefeathers.com
March 23, 2008 @ 05:48 PM
Deuce Tray

I don't know anything cheap for Canada, I also live in Canada on the Weastcoast. Your best bet might be to try out eastbay.com or is it org or make friends with people who work in shoe stores.
March 28, 2008 @ 03:44 PM
lrg freak

any specific brand of angelus paint i should get?
March 28, 2008 @ 07:32 PM
vinhhhh

Angelus Paint is a brand... It's an acrylic leather paint.
March 31, 2008 @ 10:33 AM
Artisan Muse

Currently there is no decon recon tutorial, I think everyone who has started to do one has realized that the beauty in finding out how to do it is in actually exploring and trying to find out yourself, quite honestly I dont think a tutorial would suffice. You learn more from your actual mistakes, for instance I had to take out like 3 hours of stitching because it wasnt working out the best. The best thing to do is just practice on beaters with a leather awl
April 6, 2008 @ 07:38 PM
chicaGOan93

sole
wut up everybody.. im kinda new n wuz wonderin wut should i use to paint the sole of my shoe. n if there is somethin will it last n not scrape off. i bin tryin for a while but havent got anythin
April 10, 2008 @ 08:25 AM
who?

could some1 tell me some brands for acryl leather paint? i didnt find "angelus" in switzerland, nor in germany..

you know any (online)shops in switzerland or germany who sells acryl leather paint?

buy the t-shirts www.mondproject.com

April 12, 2008 @ 04:05 PM
mr_meatcity

I am fairly new to customizing sneakers with only about 12 customs under my belt. When painting apart of a sneaker gold is there a way to cut down on the amount coats you put on? Also I'm customizing white forces.
April 15, 2008 @ 12:04 PM
nisco

some people say to put a clean coat of white first... some people say to put a black coat down before you paint anything gold... the white will help keep the gold consistant, the black will help the gold really pop.

but no matter what youll be putting down a decent amount of gold
April 16, 2008 @ 09:22 PM
vinhhhh

What's the best way to clean finished leather(confused? The leather where it's really glossy and isn't recommand to paint on. What is it called again?

Anyways, I got a pair of beaters but they are dirty. Would Acetone ruin it? Or should I just use those sneaker cleaners, or soap and cloths?
April 20, 2008 @ 09:15 PM
corkscrewed

I am fairly new to customizing sneakers with only about 12 customs under my belt. When painting apart of a sneaker gold is there a way to cut down on the amount coats you put on? Also I'm customizing white forces.

if the forces you're painting are already white, it doesn't really make sense to add another coat of white before you paint the gold. use a pale yellow instead.
April 20, 2008 @ 09:45 PM
corkscrewed

nope...just the internet
April 27, 2008 @ 08:54 PM
mr_meatcity

Anyone know how to reverse the Nike check on forces or any other shoes. Can you please leave me a detailed way to do so. This would be very helpful.
April 27, 2008 @ 08:57 PM
*MILK*

wut up everybody.. im kinda new n wuz wonderin wut should i use to paint the sole of my shoe. n if there is somethin will it last n not scrape off. i bin tryin for a while but havent got anythin

Its called rubberbond. Search a company called parasol inc., 40 bucks per can and you better mask the hell out of your shoes. It sprays with a mushroom cloud. Good luck.

Also, don't sleep on createx for all you guys who can't obtain angelus.
May 1, 2008 @ 02:30 PM
lrg freak

if i paint the toe can on a pair of adidas will it crack?
May 1, 2008 @ 02:30 PM
lrg freak

toe cap*
May 2, 2008 @ 09:18 PM
L.A.R.93

What is the proper way of dying shoes?
Do I mask the sole?
How do I apply it on, what with?
TIA
May 4, 2008 @ 12:11 PM
*MILK*

if i paint the toe cap on a pair of adidas will it crack?

Being that the shell is rubber, it probably will crack from what alot of people say. But then again, I must be lucky cause i'm two months in with my dunk's sole painted (worn every day to work) and they are crack freesmile. Honestly, if the shoes are yours paint it, if and when they crack just repaint them.

What is the proper way of dying shoes?
Do I mask the sole?
How do I apply it on, what with?
TIA

Assuming you are talking about suede, yes mask the sole. To apply it just use a cotton brush (A hella thick cotton ball on a metal stick) and brush it on. Brush with the grain also.
May 6, 2008 @ 02:17 PM
Fabbe

Hey all.
I

Please login first to reply.