March 5, 2006 @ 09:49 PM
thisisourevenge

I want to make a completely unique dunk, with fabric, probably from an art store or from the art teacher at University. I'm probably gonna start with some grits or mochas, something cheap. Good idea? Are there any sites on how to stitch or glue, or whatever you do? I looked but nothing was stickied to the forum. Thanks in advance guys!
March 5, 2006 @ 11:48 PM

Inactive

For fabric, most just glue it on. Get some fabric glue at your local fabric supply store. Its usually white glue that hardens clear. Spread it lightly, and use a toothpic to spread it into the corners and to the edge of the leather, so that the fabric totally sticks.

Use masking tape to tape up a section of the shoe, then cut it out with an exacto knife. Place your tape stencil on the fabric and cut around it. Then peel off tape, and glue onto shoe! shaboom! Jsut watch out that the threads dont stick to the tape and frey your fabric once you take off the stencil.

If youre wanting to paint any areas, use Angelus leather paints. Throw down some acetone first to get rid of the clear coat on the leather, then paint, and it will stick.

But just fabric is pretty simple enough. G'luck
March 6, 2006 @ 12:55 AM
thisisourevenge

AWESOME, thanks for the reply.

Can I just glue the fabric onto the shoe and cut if off with an exacto or would that be too complicated?
March 6, 2006 @ 08:50 AM

Inactive

That would be weird on places like the side panel where the check lies on top. Because the fabric would bunch up around thecorners of the check. My exacto sucks at cutting fabric, so i use scissors. The masking tape stencil is the method everyone uses, and its not that hard. Trust, it will be worth it in the end. You can also cut our your fabric pieces and sew on stitching, then glue em on, so it looks like you actually stitched the fabric on to the shoe.

I dont know a lick about sewing, and all my fabrics seem to fray at the edges when i try to sew. soe. sewe.

Please login first to reply.