February 22, 2009 @ 01:53 PM
AW

haha i thought sportchek was desperately looking for people?
my frd just recently got hired on the spot haha
February 24, 2009 @ 02:26 PM
youngsta514

Hi, hopefully this is allowed here.

I know right now isn't the best time to apply for retail jobs, but I'll like to prepare my resume for later on (perhaps Feb-March) to apply to Foot Locker or Champs in Toronto malls. Does anyone have any ideas what managers look for when hiring? I tried applying two different times at many stores but I didn't receive a single call for an interviewconfused.

I'm in my second year at Ryerson, I don't have much retail experience other than some fast food. I do have a few volunteer hours. My friend was able to get his first job at Foot Locker when he was 16, but he did have solid volunteer work (he quit after a couple of weeks because he hated it).

Gracias amigos.

sup dude im in the same situation but just in montreal im tryin to figure out how to get in also i just wanted to kno if you got the job and how did you get it.
February 24, 2009 @ 02:29 PM
youngsta514

It's always worth it to try again if you're still interested. Contrary to popular belief, it's not hard at all to get a job at Sportchek.

Like I said, I have a friend there whos 14. She looks older though, could pass for 16 or 17. If you're 16 but look like you're 13 you probably won't get hired.

but did your 14 year old friend have any experience at all?
February 25, 2009 @ 07:37 AM
CARLOSO

you honestly just have to be outgoing and loud, they like that in a person, no one wants a shy and quiet individual in the retail business, especially when you work on commission, like i said before i work there, and a tip, if they (managers) really like you, theyll give you an interview ASAP

MADE YOU LOOK

February 25, 2009 @ 10:34 AM
GOVOLTRONIC

Getting a job is half the battle... keeping it is an another cool
February 26, 2009 @ 06:54 AM
CARLOSO

LOL, that's the truth

MADE YOU LOOK

February 26, 2009 @ 06:12 PM
filth

I find that getting the job is the harder part, once you're in, its kinda hard to get fired unless you're an idiot, stealing shit, pissing the managers off. Just make sure you're doing what you're supposed to be doing. I have two buddies that work at champs in vancouver, they both got hired after doing work experience there. Its pretty shitty pay, 8 bucks an hour. But they like it since they like shoes and shit. I work in retail as well, but the place i work at is a higher end store and they pay much more. So you should definitely think about if u really wanna work there. Plus, its pretty common that they throw out resumes, since people are always applying.
February 26, 2009 @ 06:44 PM
FreshAddict

you honestly just have to be outgoing and loud, they like that in a person, no one wants a shy and quiet individual in the retail business, especially when you work on commission, like i said before i work there, and a tip, if they (managers) really like you, theyll give you an interview ASAP

i guess me and footlocker arent meant to be...anyone here work at si vous play?

Please login first to reply.