darkness2505

I can decide on only one. tell me why.

Thanks

edit:

bluray is a considering factor
I plan on modding the xbox
December 13, 2008 @ 10:34 AM
pyceasyas123

ps3...blue ray player and better graphics.
December 13, 2008 @ 12:06 PM
Pankeo

Correct me if im wrong but i dont think you can play online with modded xbox

i have both and i choose ps3
December 13, 2008 @ 12:13 PM
mechanivolfe

ps3
December 13, 2008 @ 04:13 PM
jaychiz

ps3.ign.com/articles/937/937058p1.html

i go with xbox 360 because i know way more people that have xbox 360's

xbox outsold ps3 2 to 1 last month, blu ray isn't enough reason to buy ps3 anymore
December 13, 2008 @ 04:50 PM
Supreme_sole

Im a big sony fan but i have both and i would have to say XBOX

More games, and no load times
December 13, 2008 @ 10:42 PM
jaychiz

Im a big sony fan but i have both and i would have to say XBOX

More games, and no load times

+1

the install to hard drive option is a definate plus
December 13, 2008 @ 10:53 PM

$40 mods FTW
December 13, 2008 @ 11:12 PM
Dysphoria

I only have the 360, but I'd go for the PS3.
December 14, 2008 @ 12:29 AM
THiZZ

Red ring of death still hasn't been solved and the worst customer service ever...plus PS3 has barely been tapped as far as potential its definitely something that will grow and advance with time... Plus Blu-Ray...Free Online... and the new updates that keep coming only bring better and better things to the system. Not to mention easy and wider array of HDD's that you can use...

-THiZZ
December 14, 2008 @ 03:51 AM
darkness2505

can someone tell me if the new modchips have a switch to turn it off or something for the xbox when i do want to play live?

even though I have been playstation all my life, there just doesnt seem to have that many exclusives that appeal to me except for gt5 which will never ever come out. and to be able to download games is the biggest plus.
December 14, 2008 @ 07:42 AM

i'm not 100% on this but i think if u buy a retail game, and play that online, it should be fine, annd go undetected as a modded machine. ur right not many ps3 xclusives i wanna play, only 1 might be that new naruto game. not sure if u watch the show, but it was the game that got me watching the show. simply amazing as fighting game goes. simply nothing like it really. ya downloading games is a huge plus. enough times we get to play the games before they even hit the shelves because of leaks. my friend beat gears of war 2 before it even launched. I have like over 30 games, and counting. who here besides like jack and deka have money to spend on 30+ games. i was the biggest sony fan boy for the longest time, 3 ps2( slim+ fat), psp, ps1. 1 of the main reason i was a sony fan was cause their array of games, and modability, but now xbox took that spot. i say for this time being xbox ftw,

for the ring of death, the new xboxs have better heat sinks, so this doesnt happen as often, just buy 1 of those add on fans and ur good to go
December 14, 2008 @ 01:07 PM
A.R.P.

Ps3

http://sans-coeur.com

December 14, 2008 @ 03:26 PM
niko

360 cool
December 14, 2008 @ 04:50 PM
jaychiz

i've never seen so much ps3 support on one of these threads before, normally it's like 3 to 1 xbox over ps3
December 14, 2008 @ 10:50 PM
crono06

i've never seen so much ps3 support on one of these threads before, normally it's like 3 to 1 xbox over ps3

Co-sign... I think of it this way, buying Xbox is like buying an American car, it will break down in 2 months. Buying PS3 is like buying a Japanese car, it WON'T break down in 2 months and is more reliable xD

Anyways, as for games, I would say Xbox has a MUCH better library, but their exclusives just don't appeal to me, which is why I went PS3 instead. You might wanna pick up a Wii as well, for when you have people over xP
December 17, 2008 @ 04:24 PM
Ruskyi121

Check out this article. Xbox actually has better looking graphics for most games. If you plan on gettting a blue ray then go for ps3, if not go for xbox and mod it. I got the arcade for 199 and bought a refurbished harddrive from microsoft for 29 bucks. Modding was pretty easy too, took like 20 mins
www.gamespot.com/features/6191251/index.html
December 17, 2008 @ 05:36 PM
efa5

ask for both for christmas
December 17, 2008 @ 07:33 PM
st3p.

You might wanna pick up a Wii as well, for when you have people over xP

Wii sucks, with or without friends.
December 17, 2008 @ 11:05 PM
SOJ

my friend has had to send his xbox via snail mail to microsoft on 4 seperate occasions...the rings of death

ps3: free internet, many more good games to come, blueray - i'm not sure on modding
December 18, 2008 @ 12:33 PM
Zero_Regret

PS3... free online play, better graphics, blue ray player.
December 18, 2008 @ 03:18 PM
jaychiz

free online is good but it's useless if there's no userbase, and if you're going to play with friends it's more than likely xbox will out number ps3 just because of the sales numbers

12.5 million 360's and 6.5 ps3's in north america

i've got 4 friends on my PSN, and 40 something on 360

i'm sick of this more space = better games, it's such bullshit, SNES games were smaller than an mp3 song and are some of the best games ever made

and working in the game industry, PS3 is the biggest pain in the ass to develop for
December 18, 2008 @ 03:58 PM
Zero_Regret

free online is good but it's useless if there's no userbase, and if you're going to play with friends it's more than likely xbox will out number ps3 just because of the sales numbers

12.5 million 360's and 6.5 ps3's in north america

i've got 4 friends on my PSN, and 40 something on 360

i'm sick of this more space = better games, it's such bullshit, SNES games were smaller than an mp3 song and are some of the best games ever made

and working in the game industry, PS3 is the biggest pain in the ass to develop for

It's not exactly useless... it depends on a lot of things. It depends whether u want to play with others, it depends whether u want to play with ur friends etc. If you want to play with your friends and the majority of your friends own ps3 then you'd buy a ps3. If the majority of your friends own a 360 you may be more inclined to buy a 360. PS3 will prob have a longer life span since its newer. The hardware is more superior. It was kind've the same argument before when ps2 came out. Honestly... the OP should just buy w/e he likes. If he likes the titles the titles on one console as opposed to the other then it can help sway his decision. Personally... I'm interested in buying a PS3 only. Nothing about the 360 attracts me and I don't wanna throw money away for online gaming because I won't play it enough to get value out of it but that's just me.
December 18, 2008 @ 05:30 PM
darkness2505

thanks to all your replies, i have decided on xbox because I can mod it. As far as games goes, I see no significant difference in games on both systems, And as good as blueray sounds, I will get a br player when the price drops, and by then I hope blueray movies will be much cheaper than what they are now.
December 19, 2008 @ 11:23 PM
vinhhhh

If you planning on getting that Blu-ray, why not just save up a bit and get both the XBox and PS3?
December 19, 2008 @ 11:42 PM
NYTID1

dont forget PS3 has built in Wi-Fi.............................................smile
December 20, 2008 @ 12:02 AM
mr.delete

want to play online?
xbox - $60 a year
ps3 - Free

want 1080p movies?
ps3 - blu-ray
xbox - discontinues HD-DVD which you cant find. Download movies hardly available in Canada

Exclusive Games?
ps3 - Metal Gear, Little Big Planet, God Of War, Gran Turismo
xbox - Halo, Gears of War, & uhhhhhhhh.............. thats about it.

Every Other Game?
Nearly Identical on both Xbox & PS3.
No Difference in Call of Duty, Rainbow Six, GRAW, Half Life, Maddens, Burnout, everything else.
Final Fantasy will be better on PS3 because textures & sound will not be sacrificed. Plus only 1 or 2 discs. Compared to gimped on 360 & many discs.

I am on my 5th Xbox 360. Meaning 4 have died in the span of 2 1/2 years. I get about 6months to a year of use out of each one. Thats awful. So if you plan to mod a 360, kiss your warranty good bye. Anything you do to it void warranty & you are all out of the money you spent on it if it dies. Not to mention you will never be able to play a game online ever without being banned for life on Xbox Live.

The so called "better" 360s nicknamed "Jasper" have yet to be seen in Canadian stores. Possibly show up after Christmas stock is sold out, so looking at Jan or Feb for those. Chances are those systems will also have blocks on it to keep from being modded.

HDMI is only on the Elite or some Pro 360s.
HDMI standard on PS3. PS3s hard drive can be replaced with any hard drive size you wish & not void warranty.

Orginal XBox lifespan was only 5 years. Xbox 360 is currently 3 years old. Chances are the next one is already being planned & on the way within 3 years.
December 20, 2008 @ 12:08 AM
Supreme_Bape

^ HDMI comes on all 360's now I believe...my arcade from last year has it and to add to the list of exclusive games, Resistance for PS3 and Fable for 360 (there are more but nothing really of my interest)
Getting PS3 jsut for Metal Gear Solid 4 is well worth it imo >sad Metal Gear Solid 4 >>>>>>>> Gears of War 2 >sad
Correct me if im wrong but i dont think you can play online with modded xbox

i have both and i choose ps3

you can play online with a modded 360 but there's a risk of being banned but most games are stealth patched so they're usually safe to play online...
modded xbox 360 will save you a lot of money on games so if money in the long term is a considering factor than get the xbox, downloading games will save you a lot of money!
I have both systems and I play my PS3 much more than the 360 (even though I have that modded and have a lot of games for it) but for games that I seriously do want to play, I would buy for the PS3 because I like the controller much more, I rarely ever touch my 360 and only download games I want to try out on it. So if you have the money to spend on games and blu-ray's, get a PS3, plus side of having it is free online gaming (though people claim its not as great an experience, but Call of Duty online is still awesome in PS3 >sad ), there's not much accessories you need to buy initially (ie charger and rechargeable battery for 360, no built in wifi at least not on the system i got last year)
December 20, 2008 @ 01:45 AM
jaychiz

ps3.ign.com/articles/937/937058p1.html

i go with xbox 360 because i know way more people that have xbox 360's

xbox outsold ps3 2 to 1 last month, blu ray isn't enough reason to buy ps3 anymore

since everyone is too lazy to read

"As the prices for standalone Blu-ray players drop lower and lower, the reasoning for telling folks who rarely play games to pick up a PS3 is quickly lessening. That also means that 360 owners who are looking to get into the Blu-ray game might be a little less likely to pick up a PS3 for that means since they already have a gaming device and can save cash by going with a standalone player.

For folks who haven't yet entered the HD-era of gaming, the Xbox 360's lower sticker price stays true even after picking up necessary components for the system, like a WiFi adapter. Since the PlayStation 3 doesn't ship with HD cables, that additional cost is pretty much a necessity (unless you already own component cables for the PS2), and if you intend to play online, you'll probably want to pick up a headset as well. You can get one bundled with numerous games (Warhawk, SOCOM or EndWar for instance), but you'll have to want those games or pick it up separately.

It's clear that Sony needs to drop the price of the PlayStation 3 sooner than later. The inclusion of Blu-ray certainly makes the system a more complete package than the 360, but at a higher cost, and as standalone players drop in price, the premium isn't as eye-catching."
December 20, 2008 @ 01:47 AM
jaychiz

thanks to all your replies, i have decided on xbox because I can mod it. As far as games goes, I see no significant difference in games on both systems, And as good as blueray sounds, I will get a br player when the price drops, and by then I hope blueray movies will be much cheaper than what they are now.

sounds like you read the IGN article, it's the safest bet

Please login first to reply.