Free Worldwide Shipping
Spend $150 USD or more. Click for details.
November 16, 2008 @ 03:24 PM
Popper

Anyone know when and what stores will be holding chirstmas or boxing day sales? How long will the lines be?
November 16, 2008 @ 03:53 PM

i think that livestock will probably be having a boxing day sale.
lines will be super long.
i never even got to go to last years boxing day sale cause the line up was really long.
instead of waiting in line for an hour or more i went to alifes boxing day sale and bought a pair of shoes.
November 16, 2008 @ 04:02 PM
Third Eye Jedi

Hoooray for boxes!!smile
November 16, 2008 @ 05:34 PM
crono06

I'll be working on Boxing day, so I'll be hitting up Boxing week sales instead xD
November 16, 2008 @ 07:00 PM
AW

I need some new electronics, but the thought of those damn fs/bb line ups already scare me. :\
November 16, 2008 @ 11:02 PM
crono06

I need some new electronics, but the thought of those damn fs/bb line ups already scare me. :\

Tell me about it. I've gotta go to work at like 4 or 5 O_o
November 17, 2008 @ 09:11 AM
richboy!

goodfoot and ransom will have boxing day sales as usual.
and stolenriches will as well.
and if da zone is still open, everything will be marked down by a lot since their lease is done at the end of the year.
November 17, 2008 @ 10:20 AM
chkoo

i heard there will be 80% at dutil
November 17, 2008 @ 02:49 PM
cthulhu

ransom gdft sale was unreal last year

2 hour wait for me and i got there at like open
November 17, 2008 @ 04:50 PM
richboy!

ransom gdft sale was unreal last year

2 hour wait for me and i got there at like open

I was at the gdft line at around 10, got in at around 1-2ish last year.
so be early this time, since things at gdft have a lot more hype than last year.
November 17, 2008 @ 05:39 PM
Popper

ive been to two of the goodfoot sales at st clair and they havent dropped anything nice. anyone been to any goodfoot sale on bay? how long the lines?
November 17, 2008 @ 07:12 PM
killarayray

I'm retiring from purchasing electronics on boxing day. Last year, hella people bum rushed the futureshop doors, one dude even left his shoe at the entrance. I bought a $500 toshiba laptop (cheap at the time) and some chinese guy tried wrestling me for it.

Are the goodfoot and livestock sales any good that day? 50% + more off?
November 17, 2008 @ 07:57 PM
richboy!

shoes are buy 2 get 1 free.
can't remember bout the shirts.
November 17, 2008 @ 08:10 PM
Popper

hah the sale isnt worth it if there are only one dope pair of kicks. how much are the shoes if its b2g1f?
November 17, 2008 @ 08:31 PM
cthulhu

same price?

and i have no interest in getting there early. rather enjoy the hols
November 17, 2008 @ 08:57 PM
Popper

if the shoes are retail.. wow is all i can say. huge rip
November 22, 2008 @ 12:35 PM
Popper

bump
November 22, 2008 @ 01:18 PM
GOVOLTRONIC

bump

LOLZ

GDFT/LS Boxing Day sales are CRAZY! Deals galore with 40-70% off stuff if I remember correctly, maybe even more. There was ALIFE Canada Goose parka last year @ GDFT selling for less than regular Canada Goose even after taxes I believe. Too bad they didn't have my size plus I was too lazy.
November 29, 2008 @ 06:44 PM
lilballatk

LOLZ

GDFT/LS Boxing Day sales are CRAZY! Deals galore with 40-70% off stuff if I remember correctly, maybe even more. There was ALIFE Canada Goose parka last year @ GDFT selling for less than regular Canada Goose even after taxes I believe. Too bad they didn't have my size plus I was too lazy.

How are the line up on the sales?
I would go but i don't feel like waiting in a long line after riding the subway.
November 29, 2008 @ 06:57 PM
Supreme_Bape

LOLZ

I think the Alife Canada Goose were on sale a bit later, around February where they had another sale at Ransom...

Hope the Yorkville GDFT or Nomad will have Visvim stuff on sale, really want that Red Ballistic 20...
November 30, 2008 @ 01:18 PM
Popper

anyone know how much the denim will cost at h&m?
November 30, 2008 @ 03:15 PM
Eddie Winslow

^^denim is like $50 at H&M
how much more of a sale do you need?!?!

Regardless, Most of the boxing day sales aren't even worth going to (especially at stores like Goodfoot)
November 30, 2008 @ 04:29 PM
Popper

my dad says shit gets even cheaper after boxng day. hope hes right
November 30, 2008 @ 09:54 PM
zyezye

the best sales are after the holiday season even after boxing day. because everyone is already bought stuff and most major companies are willing to sell stuff for cheap because no one is buying anything. they usually give awsome deals around mid jan to early feb. well for electronics anyway. but for street wear and kicks? depends if anything hyped will be dropping
November 30, 2008 @ 10:16 PM
hollertronix

Alright how old are you guys? Honestly, clean the wax out of your ears, put on your reading glasses, and take a hint as to what's happening with the economy. This is going to be the slowest holiday shopping season EVER. You have no idea how many businesses are going out of business after Christmas. Spending money on ANYTHING right now is stupid (house, condo, car, jeans, watch... anything). Stuff is only going to get cheaper. But do what you gotta do. I guess the Hypebeast demographic has always been about SPEND SPEND SPEND.
November 30, 2008 @ 10:39 PM
zyezye

the only way to boost economy is by spending. the reasons why the economy is failing is because no one is buying big ticket items, such as house and cars.

true that canada is actually going in to deficit for the first time in a decade, but the government is doing what it can do to keep the economy as it is right now. The bank of canada is willing to lower interest rates close to 0%, but never actually 0%, to boost spending. The Government is actually for the first time borrowing money to start Public Projects such as roads, public buildings, highways and etc. to give jobs so people can spend money.

its all about keynesian economics, so the way i see it, the more we spend the more we help out the economy.

companies go bankrupt because no one buys from them.

spending ANYTHING right now is a smart choice. Things are cheaper, such as houses, cars. Ford and GMC are giving 0% interest rates. Its a smart time to buy stocks, because it will eventually pick up in a few years, by the next olympics atleast.

the only reason why the GLOBAL economy is shitty is because our neighbors down south can't control their spendings habits.

btw, education ftw.
November 30, 2008 @ 10:53 PM
KEMP

back to the topic...

i heard there will be 80% at dutil

true?
need some jeans
December 1, 2008 @ 12:58 AM
hollertronix

the only way to boost economy is by spending. the reasons why the economy is failing is because no one is buying big ticket items, such as house and cars.

true that canada is actually going in to deficit for the first time in a decade, but the government is doing what it can do to keep the economy as it is right now. The bank of canada is willing to lower interest rates close to 0%, but never actually 0%, to boost spending. The Government is actually for the first time borrowing money to start Public Projects such as roads, public buildings, highways and etc. to give jobs so people can spend money.

its all about keynesian economics, so the way i see it, the more we spend the more we help out the economy.

companies go bankrupt because no one buys from them.

spending ANYTHING right now is a smart choice. Things are cheaper, such as houses, cars. Ford and GMC are giving 0% interest rates. Its a smart time to buy stocks, because it will eventually pick up in a few years, by the next olympics atleast.

the only reason why the GLOBAL economy is shitty is because our neighbors down south can't control their spendings habits.

btw, education ftw.

I'm sorry, but this is some of the dumbest stuff I've read in a long time. Citing some shit you read in your first year economics textbook? If you didn't still live at home, or if you actually had a real job, you would know that 90% of the theory you learn in college, especially pertaining to the financial markets, does not apply because of one simple concept: PEOPLE ARE IRRATIONAL. All this neo-classical Keneysian economic policy bullshit has FAILED. It can never work. It never has worked.

Why? Lets just examine it's basic premises...

1) Rational preferences among outcomes with a identifiable and associated value
2) People maximize their utility/firms will maximize their profits
3) People act independently on the basis of full and relevant information

Basically, if your little textbook was correct, the following would happen:

If you prefer beer over liquor, you will always drink beer. You will NEVER drink liquor (1)

You drink beer until you get a nice buzz, and you stop right then and there. You never get wasted because this does not maximize utility (2)

When you're at the bar with your friends, and they're buying shots, you won't take one. Not because this contradicts point 1, but rather because you know one shot leads to two, two to three, etc. You are acting independently based on the information available to you. This is the same as if the CEO of Boeing, your best friend, was a little tipsy and told you that tomorrow Singapore Airlines would announce that they have just purchased 10,000 747's and instead of purchasing every single share of Boeing possible, you still spend the next week behind a computer, researching ever single detail about Boeing, Singapore Airlines, and the aviation industry in general (3)

NONE OF THIS STUFF HAPPENS IN ACTUALITY. KEYNESIAN ECONOMICS DOES NOT APPLY TO THE REAL WORLD. IT NEVER HAS! STOP BELIEVING THAT EVERYTHING YOU READ IN A TEXTBOOK AND DO SOME OF YOUR OWN RESEARCH AND DRAW YOUR OWN CONCLUSIONS. THEORY IS JUST THAT, A THEORY!

Seriously, it disappoints me that kids are being trained and taught that everything that they read, in terms of theory, as a practical application. You seriously think it's wise to spend right now? I dare you to walk into any office in your Financial District and tell that to the people working there. They'll laugh in your face. These people have mortgages, car payments, etc and right now they need to do EVERYTHING in their power to stockpile as much cash as possible in case they lose their job. Otherwise, the outcome could be catastrophic. You know the economy is bad when accountants are worried about their jobs, and they are trust me. Buy a car now? Good luck getting financed. Paying in cash? That's wise - I can't think of a better way to cut your money in half overnight. Leasing? Yes, lets lock ourselves into a 39 month financial commitment when the economy is the worst it's been in our lifetime. Want to buy a house? Ever heard of negative equity? Of course you have, you're all grown up and you're a college boy now. But for the 15 year olds here, that's what happens when you pay $400,000 today for a townhome that's only worth $380,000 tomorrow. THERE IS A BOTTOM TO THIS DOWNWARD SPIRAL WE ARE IN AND WE'RE NO WHERE NEAR IT YET.

I could keep going, but what's the point. Kids will be kids, they will continue to spend, and your post just reaffirms that notion.

And before you start talking to me about education, how about completing your degree first?

Sincerely,

hollertronix
B.Comm, Finance
December 1, 2008 @ 01:07 AM
zyezye

i got schooled

lol

fuck that means this shit i learned in socials class was worth shit.
December 1, 2008 @ 04:17 PM
khazano

i got schooled

lol

fuck that means this shit i learned in socials class was worth shit.

socials as in social studies? in other words high school?

if so, dont worry about it, you've got a lot more education a head of you that'll be worth more than "shit".

Please login first to reply.