Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
July 12, 2008 @ 06:11 PM
Brandon

Basically a rant(call it a whine thread) what has happened to Vancouver.

I'll keep it short and simple. I live in North Vancouver, yesterday I woke up looking out my kitchen window(something I do usually) and I saw that my dad's truck was gone. I asked my dad where his truck was and he's like its outside parked. I walked outside and looked up and down the street and there was no sign of the truck. He rushed out of the shower and realized his truck has been stolen. Called 911 and ICBC about this and they're keeping a look out for this truck. The better half of this story is that ICBC is going to have a meeting with my dad and they're willing to settle a claim for the truck.

Oh and apparently during the early morning around (3-7 AM) there were numerous reports of B&E near my neighbourhood and there were cop cruisers around, K9 Unit and a helicopter flying extremely low looking for these guys.

I haven't realized until now that Vancouver is officially turning into a crime ridden area. Kid napping, gang violence and shootings. This is fucked.
July 12, 2008 @ 06:25 PM
jumpman1023

^ yeah, Vancouver is becoming like Ganster's Paradise. They feel they can get away with anything.

ps. sorry about your dad's truck.
July 12, 2008 @ 10:37 PM
ThePepperSkull

this isn;'t really news. Maybe to North Van, yeah, but crime's pretty much been around here snce I can remember.
July 12, 2008 @ 11:06 PM
Sean__Price

Well Van is a port city , so wherever there is large amounts of importing
there will be large amounts of drugs. Now all be it most of the drugs
do not stay in the city but some still do. Meaning there are drug users to
creat a demand for the dealers ......... Drug users find and do many
different things in order to support their addictions , BnE , theft etc etc...

So there is your answer in a basic nutshell.
Atleast your not a drug dealer cause its even worse for them.

Meow
July 12, 2008 @ 11:17 PM
jdmkickfiend

thats messed up! hope your dad gets his truck back!
July 13, 2008 @ 12:58 AM
RoseSippa

Yea shit is outta control over here... just gonna get worse...

Get yourself a gun.
July 13, 2008 @ 03:53 AM
Vancouver

lots of fights at my school and a bunch of punjabi/viet gangs. same as other schools im guessing?
July 13, 2008 @ 09:37 AM
Oshin

Hope you get your truck back man, this is really turning out to be worst each day... that's why GTA is such a bad influence. Things has really changed, ever since I got here.. missing the old Vancouver,, where people just leaves their door open in the summer because is hot and they know this is the safest city to live in. Well once it was.
July 13, 2008 @ 12:00 PM
Stark

Yea shit is outta control over here... just gonna get worse...

Get yourself a gun.

Don't you think that could create more problems?
When people take this advice, it creates a gun filled society with a whole bunch of thugs running around with guns (since they think they NEED one the most).
I guess once you introduce the gun, it become a vicious cycle and the next person wants a gun to protect, and the next, and the next... And in the end, everyone suffers.
July 13, 2008 @ 01:36 PM
Sean__Price

Don't you think that could create more problems?
When people take this advice, it creates a gun filled society with a whole bunch of thugs running around with guns (since they think they NEED one the most).
I guess once you introduce the gun, it become a vicious cycle and the next person wants a gun to protect, and the next, and the next... And in the end, everyone suffers.

Here is proof that sarcasm is still hard to detect via the internet.....
Poor child

Meow
July 13, 2008 @ 02:14 PM
Stark

I wouldn't take it lightly.
Some people actually hear 'Go get a gun' and they do.
July 13, 2008 @ 03:23 PM
yesyesyalll

lol @ what has happened to vancouver
this is not a rough city.
areas of surrey excluded..
someone stole your dads truck
and this is big news?
cars get stolen everywhere.
i mean i'm sorry for his loss but goddamn
a club is what $30?
July 13, 2008 @ 03:46 PM
Brandon

Lol, you kidding me? Recently 2(+ ? ) people have been charged with kid napping and torturing, someone has been shot and killed, drive by's have occurred; this is all in North Vancouver.
July 13, 2008 @ 04:17 PM
VanKwisH

Lol, you kidding me? Recently 2(+ ? ) people have been charged with kid napping and torturing, someone has been shot and killed, drive by's have occurred; this is all in North Vancouver.

Dude north vancouver is a whole different story than the vancouver downtown area.... cause north van is the suburbs and the only people that live in north van are mostly people who are settled and established as a person/family.....
where as in downtown and nearby areas are one's struck with poverty. and where there is poverty there is bound to be someone willing to steal to survive..
Did you even know vancouver has one if not the highest poverty rate in canada?
I can see why the OP is mad. but honestly. Today isn't as bad as it used to be.
maybe in places where you live crime is high. but Vancouver as a whole isn't bad
at all.
July 13, 2008 @ 04:34 PM
Brandon

Oh no, not saying Vancouver as a whole is bad; I am stating that Vancouver is slowly changing. At yesyesyalll's comment, this is suprising to see this shit happening to the north shore. And don't think I ain't street smart I know this in this city is not as straight as it seems. You can't just stay up the whole night with a $30 club in your hand waiting to beat the crap out of someone about to steal something from you; this happens sparactically.
July 13, 2008 @ 08:04 PM
SuperHyphy

he meant a club as in one for your truck, i believe?
July 13, 2008 @ 08:21 PM
Brandon

Yeah think you're right. I read 'club' and took it literally.
July 14, 2008 @ 04:27 AM
yesyesyalll

LOL that is priceless
yeah homie meant one for your car
lol @ anyone paying money for a blunt object
to get gully with.
July 14, 2008 @ 10:26 AM
ackbar

overall vancouver is a pretty safe city & there's nowhere where you should really feel uneasy about walking

but to act like the guy is wrong in saying that the crime rate is climbing in vancouver is pretty misinformed. just look at a newspaper. firearm violence & murder is way up in vancouver
July 14, 2008 @ 09:54 PM
-kT

overall vancouver is a pretty safe city & there's nowhere where you should really feel uneasy about walking

but to act like the guy is wrong in saying that the crime rate is climbing in vancouver is pretty misinformed. just look at a newspaper. firearm violence & murder is way up in vancouver

Downtown Eastside? You don't feel uneasy about walking there during the night? Even during the day, man

Downtown Eastside's the heroin capital of the world. Just worth noting
July 14, 2008 @ 11:44 PM
ackbar

i pretty much live in the downtown eastside
if you think the "heroin capital of the world" is anywhere in north america you're not that smart
July 14, 2008 @ 11:46 PM
AW

^ yes...even during daytime...
weird hobo encounters: 5 and still counting. :\

but ya, so much stuff abt firearms and murder lately.
watching the news every morning...
theres at least a story (if not two..or..three...) on a stabbing or killing or hurting
so ya, i think its either rising or the news decided to just report on these stuff now...
July 15, 2008 @ 03:26 AM
Honger

you must be crazy where you living.
I was talking with the police the other day about hastings and they said it's the same all day long.
I went down hastings in evening, night, going to go this morning, it is fucking scary walking by yourself there and the dreadful foul smell is disgusting.
July 15, 2008 @ 04:51 PM
ackbar

you guys are probably just snobs
main/hastings is poverty & addiction not violence & murder. i'm not afraid of poor people

your odds of getting jumped on a saturday night are worse walking down granville st than they are walking down e hastings and most of these drug dealers killing each other in the news come from from middle class homes & better.
July 15, 2008 @ 04:55 PM
ackbar

main/hastings is poverty & addiction not violence & murder. i'm not afraid of poor people

your odds of getting jumped on a saturday night are worse walking down granville st than they are walking down e hastings and most of these drug dealers killing each other in the news come from from middle class homes & better.
July 16, 2008 @ 04:19 AM

Inactive

The actual downtown core is not as bad as people paint it out to be - Just because nowadays cops are everywhere to curb anything criminal down there. But head anywhere east of Abbott after the sun sets and it's gutter land.

Friend told me a story several years ago about driving to Metrotown in his M5. Parked it at the underground lot for a couple hours only to return and find the car standing on four tripodS. Someone had stolen the wheels which were probably worth over five grand with rubber.

Tough times we live in. And our city population is set to double pretty soon so it's not getting any easier. sad
July 17, 2008 @ 01:06 AM
ThePepperSkull

Actually statistically crime like Teenage violence and other gang related or associated activities have gone down since the 80's. The media covers more of it now though. To relate a crime rate to how it's rported in the newspaper is like apples and oranges.

Statistics do say, however, that vancouver is something like the rudest city in canada or something of the like, with petty crimes such as littering, graffiti, and theft being at something like 15% of the city's problems as opposed to toronto which is 11%
July 23, 2008 @ 08:36 PM
Brandon

Update on the truck.

Truck was found in Delta completely stripped of everything; seats, tires, engine etc...

The people stole the car by: drilling a hole in the door and cutting a specific wire that disables the whole alarm system. The RCMP officer that spoke to my dad said that he has never seen this done before, they are the real deal pros. The officer called his superior down to inspect it him self. Only thing left in the car was the insurance papers.
July 24, 2008 @ 02:31 AM
zyezye

damn sorry bout your truck man.

vancity used to have the highest rates for stolen cars. i remember my buddy knew some guys who hotwired a benz and sent it to a chop shop, shit is common but not widely known.

I cant really say the violence with teens is starting to die out or rise, the race wars in joyce station were the worse when i used to live there. nothing compared to shit ive seen back then can compare to that. i still wonder why kids and teens try to get into the "thug" life. Ever since my buddy got killed most of my "thug" friends wised up and quit on that shit. but teens these days are desparate for money and wont get a job, thats why most of em deal.

now when i think of vancouver. i think of drugs and raves...
July 25, 2008 @ 12:12 AM
ThePepperSkull

lol, I used to live near joyce. i remember that stuff. Who's your freind? I remember you mentioning Deward, did you know him too?

Please login first to reply.