July 7, 2008 @ 11:08 PM
cthulhu

When you guys opened your Paypal account how long did it take those "Random Confirmation Deposits" to appear in your actual Bank Account? Before you can start adding funds and stuff.
July 7, 2008 @ 11:10 PM
clou

Like 2 days? Even after confirmation and shit, it still takes me over a week for my payment to get approved. Paypal sucks unless you have a credit card.
July 7, 2008 @ 11:50 PM
cthulhu

2 days? I e-mailed after 2 days and they said to wait 5-7 days. I'm with BMO though, if dat helps.
July 7, 2008 @ 11:58 PM
tapemanpl

2 days? I e-mailed after 2 days and they said to wait 5-7 days. I'm with BMO though, if dat helps.

if that's what they said then wait that long, if it takes longer call them, if it happens before then think of it as a bonus
July 8, 2008 @ 12:11 AM
cthulhu

i'm jus sketchy because if i accidentally put all the wrong info in and then after 7 days there's nothing in there it'll be a drag/
July 8, 2008 @ 12:18 AM
tapemanpl

i'm jus sketchy because if i accidentally put all the wrong info in and then after 7 days there's nothing in there it'll be a drag/

true. but worrying about it won't help, it'll just make it seem even longer of a wait
July 8, 2008 @ 12:29 AM
cthulhu

yeah thanks for the advice bro
sounds like my folks at chrismas time
July 8, 2008 @ 03:27 AM
Ajax19

Like 2 days? Even after confirmation and shit, it still takes me over a week for my payment to get approved. Paypal sucks unless you have a credit card.

u can add a credit card and not use it, Thats what i do.

I have a credit card added and just do instant transfers from my back acct. You don't need to wait the week for it to clear.
July 8, 2008 @ 10:04 AM
Jermo

you can just make payments directly from your bank account
you dont have to transfer the money to paypal first.
July 8, 2008 @ 10:58 AM
cthulhu

o rly?

how do i do that?
July 8, 2008 @ 12:05 PM
SOJ

^^ links the info
July 8, 2008 @ 12:45 PM
Jermo

after you attach one of you bank accounts to your paypal you can do it
i found out by accident
i was sending a payment to someone and then i have my chequing account as my first form of payment and then my creditcard as my second. i didnt have any money on my paypal but the payment still went through. i checked my bank account online later and it came up in my statement as paypal payment and the money was just withdrawn from my account.
July 8, 2008 @ 01:28 PM
tapemanpl

after you attach one of you bank accounts to your paypal you can do it
i found out by accident
i was sending a payment to someone and then i have my chequing account as my first form of payment and then my creditcard as my second. i didnt have any money on my paypal but the payment still went through. i checked my bank account online later and it came up in my statement as paypal payment and the money was just withdrawn from my account.

this is an instant transfer, you have to have your bank account added and then add your credit card so your paypal account becomes verified...this process is simple to pay for items, but setting it up takes a while because you still have to go through that process of paypal depositing that small amount of money then you gotta do the same with your credit card where they charge your credit card and you get a code on your bill, so in fact to set up a paypal account for instant transfer it takes about a month and a half for normal people that get bills and about 3-4 weeks for people with online banking for their credit card
July 9, 2008 @ 12:28 AM
clou

you can just make payments directly from your bank account
you dont have to transfer the money to paypal first.

That's what I do and it still takes me over a week.
July 9, 2008 @ 02:03 AM
Ajax19

Okay lemme clear this up.

Only Bank Account added to your paypal: You can only pay by "e-chequing" which takes about 1 week to clear.

You have no back up funding source, so it needs 1 week to clear to make sure you actually have the money in your account to pay.

Bank Account + Credit Card: You can pay by Instant Transfer no need to clear.

The reason for this is, you have a credit card added as your "Back-up Source" so if the payment does not go through from your Bank Account (Ex. You have no money in your acct) your credit card will get charged.

These are rules set out by paypal for security reasons etc. So you MUST have a bank acct + credit card in order to do Instant Transfers. Just ask your mom/dad to use their credit card, and it won't get charged if you're responsible enough to keep money in your Bank Acct. If you have sufficient funds the credit card will never get charged.
July 9, 2008 @ 02:57 AM
Honger

Fuck Paypal 4 life.
July 9, 2008 @ 10:51 AM
TheShyGuy

okay Lemme Clear This Up.

Only Bank Account Added To Your Paypal: You Can Only Pay By "e-chequing" Which Takes About 1 Week To Clear.

You Have No Back Up Funding Source, So It Needs 1 Week To Clear To Make Sure You Actually Have The Money In Your Account To Pay.

Bank Account + Credit Card: You Can Pay By Instant Transfer No Need To Clear.

The Reason For This Is, You Have A Credit Card Added As Your "back-up Source" So If The Payment Does Not Go Through From Your Bank Account (ex. You Have No Money In Your Acct) Your Credit Card Will Get Charged.

These Are Rules Set Out By Paypal For Security Reasons Etc. So You Must Have A Bank Acct + Credit Card In Order To Do Instant Transfers. Just Ask Your Mom/dad To Use Their Credit Card, And It Won't Get Charged If You're Responsible Enough To Keep Money In Your Bank Acct. If You Have Sufficient Funds The Credit Card Will Never Get Charged.

This Man Knows What Hes Talking About!
July 9, 2008 @ 11:28 AM
clou

That's dopee.....I'm getting my visa soon anyway.
July 9, 2008 @ 03:33 PM
clifford

Paypal is ok until you have a problem. It took over a month for one of my e-checks to clear....and a month later im still fighting with them to get my money back as the seller cancelled the transaction since it took so long...

Their Customer Service is the WORST! You've been forewarned lol

Please login first to reply.