Free Worldwide Shipping
Spend $150 USD or more. Click for details.
June 9, 2008 @ 10:56 PM
zyezye

I'll be back in the 604 around next month after my finals, so we have alot of time to plan this shit out.
we need a time, place, and meet up spot. here some options I got layed out for now, we could plan on something else.

Current Plans:
Multiple Meet and Greets till August
Startingdates: Late June - Early July
where: ________station.

-meet and greet around 3-5 times to get know cats well
- go outings and shit like night market or what ev, just have fun with 604HBC
-BBQ (lol ill never give up on bbq)

After That, Around Late August A Welcome to Van/Welcome back party
when:not planned yet
where:not planned yet

I need someone to help me with the organizing shit. and when this shits go down we need a photographers too.

Volunteer Photographers:
-loong

Now we need people who are down for this shit, I gave a Month so I need some people who will Confirm, if its only 3 people at the first meet up its still aite. I'm hopin' alot of 604 HBers are down for this.

Thats all I got for now, cmon VC we gotta do up HBC MEETUP VOLUME 604 show em Vancity Steeze.

DaMian, if this shit gets planned well will you sticky?
Luvs you hommiez
kthnxbai
June 10, 2008 @ 12:36 AM
Free Agent

I should be an official resident of Vancouver come August. I won't know a single soul in the city so we definitely need to do a meet up!

Anyway, why not just pick a time and place and then let things unfold from there.
June 10, 2008 @ 02:06 AM
loong

Well I think option B is a good idea since it's easiest for everyone. Most likely in late june, early july, just so we can have a couple weeks to get everything organized? just my two cents

edit: I'll volunteer to be one of the photographers for the day
June 10, 2008 @ 02:50 AM
zyezye

^^ yeah i was thinking that too, but i was hungry when i typed the options so the food was first in mind XD.

its still early in the month so we got alot of time to plan and execute this.
June 10, 2008 @ 03:30 AM
KEMP

i hope this turns out to be good
if you have this more organized and an exact
idea...than maybe, maybe i will sticky this.
June 10, 2008 @ 05:31 AM
MR_FANTA

i wonder when i'll be back
plane ticket says aug 19th
but prob earlier

er ignore the MR
im a female
fireworkes less homo?
i heard it's mad cold right now tho
June 10, 2008 @ 05:15 PM
KEMP

June 10, 2008 @ 05:49 PM
zyezye

maybe we can do meet ups till august, cuz thats when some people will be here. lol fanta i know your a chick, i lurk the WDYWT =P. gimmie some suplemez.(jk)

so heres what im thinking right now, meet and greet a couple of times, once we get used to this shit and know each other pretty well, we could do something big like a welcome to van and welcome back for fanta and dylan at august, or sumthin like that.

so early july and late june is approximatly gunna be the dates of the first meet and greet?

i think meeting up at a station would be easier. but what station? we gotta decide on that so after a couple of meets, we could just call up everyone and say the regular spot and shit and just go with it.

ayo Malcom, when are you coming here so we can decide to have a bbq/party at the end of summer
June 10, 2008 @ 07:16 PM
chineseleon

whats this meet exactly about? Just talking to random strangers?
June 10, 2008 @ 07:17 PM
zyezye

basicly, but it will eventually lead up to a welcome to vancity and welcome back home party
June 11, 2008 @ 12:55 PM
DMC Kafka

Definitely up for this, but then again I was the guy who originally suggested a meetup.
June 11, 2008 @ 01:14 PM
zyezye

lol wth i had this idea waaay back when, then you made a thread outta noo where, so dont try to think you're the originator of meet ups.
June 11, 2008 @ 02:09 PM
DMC Kafka

Never claiming I made up the idea of a meet-up, just saying I was the first on this board to make a thread suggesting it.
June 11, 2008 @ 08:00 PM
KEMP

no you werent, we had something like this a while ago.. sorry to burst you proud bubble.
June 11, 2008 @ 08:02 PM

Inactive

Back on topic, I'm game, u guys organize and i will come.
June 11, 2008 @ 09:26 PM
loong

How about we start with the night market, or even the opening of the new stussy chapter store on the 21st?
June 11, 2008 @ 09:31 PM
Free Agent

If all things go accordingly i will be in Vancouver on the 2nd or 3rd of August. I think the easiest way to do a meet up is to pick an event and go from there. Something along the lines of an Art show or CD release party. That way it gives us a time and a place to meet up. Also, if we are all strangers it will give us something to talk about, rather than just looking at each others denim.
June 12, 2008 @ 12:10 AM
DMC Kafka

no you werent, we had something like this a while ago.. sorry to burst you proud bubble.

Oh really? Well why didn't any of you mention it in my thread which went to some 16 pages without anyone saying shit? Past experience with meetups (or the act of trying to organize them) would've been invaluable in figuring out how to make shit work, but from how everyone was acting I was getting the feeling that nobody had even thought of a get-together before. So what was this "something like this"? How did it go?

Edit - keeping things on topic, I'm all up for the Stussy Chapter Store opening as a get-together spot, since chances are half of us were going there anyhow...
June 15, 2008 @ 02:37 AM
Shinya

hey guys will ya go for StussyXNBHD opening?

I will go for sure!
June 15, 2008 @ 02:57 AM
chineseleon

Oh really? Well why didn't any of you mention it in my thread which went to some 16 pages without anyone saying shit? Past experience with meetups (or the act of trying to organize them) would've been invaluable in figuring out how to make shit work, but from how everyone was acting I was getting the feeling that nobody had even thought of a get-together before. So what was this "something like this"? How did it go?

Edit - keeping things on topic, I'm all up for the Stussy Chapter Store opening as a get-together spot, since chances are half of us were going there anyhow...

ANd how did your meet up's go again? LOL!!
yeah im camping for stussy!! See you all in the back of the line.
June 16, 2008 @ 01:28 AM
savagehood

ANd how did your meet up's go again? LOL!!
yeah im camping for stussy!! See you all in the back of the line.

reallly??
can u save a spot for me
June 16, 2008 @ 01:45 AM
zyezye

shiet, lol aite stussy flagstore opening is the plan? and yeah it would be mad homo if we din do anything in out meet up. dun want our first meet up to be talkin bout our honeycombs and shit. but i still got exams and shit till the 27th. so we needs another plan.

since malcom is comin around early august... i dunno anything poppin around that time BESIDES the damn fireworks? and we still need a spot for the welcome to/back party.
June 16, 2008 @ 02:35 AM
Free Agent

How many of you kids are 20 plus? Anyway, this is what we should do for a meet up:

www.vanartgallery.bc.ca/the_exhibitions/exhibit_krazy.html
June 16, 2008 @ 03:10 AM
chineseleon

reallly??
can u save a spot for me

Sure pay me. And buy me food + water + bring me a tent.
June 17, 2008 @ 06:17 PM
DMC Kafka

So will anyone have a HYPEBEAST sign so we know who's a part of this 'meetup' at the Stussy shop opening?
June 17, 2008 @ 11:11 PM
loong

How about lets get a 'for sure' list going first. I have work on friday night, so I might not be able to wake up early enough but I'll try.

Going for sure:
June 18, 2008 @ 03:36 AM
brynw

would be so down if this was more around july WEAK maybe something else will happen
June 18, 2008 @ 11:34 AM
DMC Kafka

Count me in for the 'going for sure' list.
June 21, 2008 @ 03:22 AM
rice-daddy

do any of you guys actually know each other other than hypebeast?
June 21, 2008 @ 05:39 PM
chineseleon

Yep. Went there. =D 1st in line rules

Please login first to reply.