May 21, 2008 @ 11:52 PM
AW

Screw Crystal Mall ; Guu or Hapa is fucking better smile.

omg Guu!!!!!!!!!
*drools :9
May 22, 2008 @ 12:59 AM
dlingrv

finally, i thought everyone was gonna keep calling it goo...
May 22, 2008 @ 01:03 AM
chineseleon

Short answer: Yes.

Long answer: Of course, feel free to join.

Longer answer: Apparently the users of this forum have mutinied against me (see Chineseleon post above) so I have no idea if there's any sort of inane test you have to pass, but if a get-together is worth having it's one that welcomes all kinds. Unless you show up wearing Ed Hardy or some shit like that, in which case we all reserve the right to mock you mercilessly.

Seriously though, time for Friday (if anyone wants to get together on Friday, PM me... Won't bother planning anything if less than 2 others are into it) would probably be 2:00 just like I had planned for Saturday... Seems a good time by me, so why fix something that ain't broke?

As for Chineseleon's suggestion that I be completely forgotten about... sad

If Goodfoot actually would be up for setting up a Hypebeast party that'd be great, but there remains the problem of the fact that not everyone here is 19 & over, and parties tend to be exclusive to that age range. Pretty much. Forgoing that though, I see nobody stepping forward with amazingly awesome leadership and getting-people-together skills willing to plan an event to get together with fellow fashion-lovers and forumgoers, so until someone like that comes along I'm going to assume I'm in charge of this here operation.

More like they're not interested with some lame meet up, just for pictures and walk around with a stranger. =PP Turn it into a party and lets get something started!
May 22, 2008 @ 01:41 PM
a1w1s

my mangs 'clou' and 'dmc kafta'...im into self-inspired-sense-of-style, but would say im some what of a hypebeast also. commercial branded gear cost way too much for me to buy and be flossin it like some of u young cats, i aint blockin out your shine either, stay up.
May 22, 2008 @ 04:26 PM
savagehood

where is the initial meet up place at 2pm tmr?
May 22, 2008 @ 04:35 PM
clou

hah what school yall guys go 2?

vancouver college homie
May 22, 2008 @ 06:07 PM
JLASA

dope, i know quite a few guys ther.

resty, angus, braden, daniel gab, farris etc.

you friends wit dem?
May 22, 2008 @ 06:22 PM
yao.bling

why not just meet at the bodega drop outside LS on the 31st?
May 22, 2008 @ 08:09 PM
clou

dope, i know quite a few guys ther.

resty, angus, braden, daniel gab, farris etc.

you friends wit dem?

haha yeah I know all of them. I'm actually really tight with Restie. What school you at?
May 22, 2008 @ 09:32 PM
JLASA

im at hugh boyd in richmond. ask restie abt john lasa. im an old buddy of his, we played ball since we were in elem haha.

small world eh
May 22, 2008 @ 09:53 PM
clou

lol shit, i know a couple people from boyd...i usta go to burnett so i guess its kinda in the same general area. prolly have a shitload of mutual friends. anyway, dont wanna jackup this thread anymore so yeah.
May 22, 2008 @ 09:56 PM
JLASA

lol dope. msn? pm me that shit
May 22, 2008 @ 10:06 PM
clou

PMd smile
May 22, 2008 @ 11:56 PM
VanKwisH

im at hugh boyd in richmond. ask restie abt john lasa. im an old buddy of his, we played ball since we were in elem haha.

small world eh

Yo J...... u graduating this year ???
May 22, 2008 @ 11:59 PM
VanKwisH

How about instead of planning things a few days before each week .......
Why don't we just set a definite date like 2-3 weeks from now .........
that way ... we'll be able to catch the summer sales coming soon....
and also everyone won't have to scramble to free up their schedule???
May 23, 2008 @ 01:09 AM
DMC Kafka

where is the initial meet up place at 2pm tmr?

So you're seriously down for getting together this Friday? Aiight... Starbucks was a shitty meeting spot, so I guess I'll be standing in front of Livestock with a paper sign saying "HYBEBEAST MEETUP". 2:00, because I like 2:00.

Edit - As for the guy who suggested planning stuff long in advance, that's a great idea but not necessarily for just a simple get-together. A party like Chineseleon's got such a hard-on for, now THAT takes planning.
May 23, 2008 @ 11:59 AM
-kT

Richmond High that shit =]
May 24, 2008 @ 12:30 AM
JLASA

hugh boyd mofacka
May 26, 2008 @ 06:02 PM
IceRiverSpring

No Homo, this thread sucks.
May 27, 2008 @ 08:15 PM
DMC Kafka

No Homo, this thread sucks.

It started out as a decent idea, it's just nobody actually seems all that interested in said idea.

However, there might be some good shit happening once one of the barbecue-owning folks gets to throwing one of those parties they were mentioning earlier on...
May 27, 2008 @ 09:35 PM
zyezye

shit lets sticky this and replan this shit for summer, a mad lot of us are still being educated and havin them exams and what not. plus chillin season is just in a month, hit up the beach and downtown and make some party shit or something.

I got an Idea. lets all dress liek nammers and thugs with HB Crew on our bandanas muggin hipsters and shit.
May 27, 2008 @ 10:37 PM
KEMP

too tell you the truth i dont think this will happen unless we get some LEGIT members organizing. I mean no ones gonna wanna meet up with a guy who doesn't even have 50 posts its just how it works..
May 27, 2008 @ 10:53 PM
JLASA

haha. i have 1000+

yeaaaaaaa
May 27, 2008 @ 11:10 PM
KEMP

im pretty sure you know your a post whore
May 27, 2008 @ 11:10 PM
DMC Kafka

too tell you the truth i dont think this will happen unless we get some LEGIT members organizing. I mean no ones gonna wanna meet up with a guy who doesn't even have 50 posts its just how it works..

Yeah, I understand, I just started trying to get shit together 'cause nobody else was doing it. If any of you 'legit' motherfuckers got any ideas, feel free to take over - I'm just some double digit postcount-rocking nobody after all.

I suggest somebody (maybe daMian? I mean, you're the mod after all) with this kind of all-caps LEGITIMACY being referred to just start a new thread for planning without the off-topic shit about where you went to high school etc. and just delete this embarrassment.

Edit - I need to stop saying 'just'. Seriously! Look at that post! 2 uses of 'just' per sentence!
May 27, 2008 @ 11:20 PM
JLASA

lmao. so true. although i do SOMEWHAT contribute when i can.

but yeah summer would be cool to set this up tho.
May 27, 2008 @ 11:29 PM
KEMP

Im not saying this is a bad idea
and no i do not want to organize it
but according to the "facts" many people
dont trust "NEWBS"
May 27, 2008 @ 11:38 PM
DMC Kafka

So people don't trust newbies. That's alright, I can live with that. But please, Vancouver hypebeasts, stop letting me sound like a broken record and if you want a meet-up to happen but don't trust this under-50-post-count newfag then start doing some shit. A lot of people seemed down for this when the thread first started, and it's only faltered because of a lack of organization (entirely my fault). You can save it! YOU HAVE THE POWERRRR!

That, and June's almost here. Where the house parties at?
May 28, 2008 @ 12:07 AM
zyezye

lol ill do it when i come back, i was actually thinking of doin something like this but this thread popped up. there are quite a few VC boys here but they all chill in the off topicz.

HOOK ME UP WIFF FREE GITD Concert TICKETS
i love you long time, no homo
May 28, 2008 @ 06:32 AM
Honger

Damn. hasn't this meetup thin been up since like stone age? It still has not been proceeded?

Please login first to reply.