Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
April 7, 2008 @ 01:37 AM
Hyper.

Okay...

So obviously I live in Vancouver. Well, Burnaby, by Gilmore Skytrain and it sucks. I've been here for a year, love it, but I hate where I live. I'm going back to Ontario for just a few short months and I'm coming back with like 3 buddies. Where the fuck should we live? I'm talking Vancouver and maybe Burnaby...

The thing is, we're all from a small town...playboys get real comfy...I don't want them to be tempted to move home, so I want us to have mad fun. We're gonna need a 4 bedroom and we wanna pay like $600 each max, so about $2400 max. Give me some ideas and tell me why. I wanna be able to have transit close, and I want to be able to walk to a pub after work and get drunk.

Thanks boys.
April 7, 2008 @ 09:37 AM
Delatocious

April 7, 2008 @ 10:22 AM
Gmas

Kits yo.

I don't care what kind of fashion you're into....no straight male can get tired of girls running around in Lululemon pants all day long....and there's asses o' plenty in Kits. It's basically exactly what you've described you're looking for. Pretty 20-somethings that more or less hang out, get drunk, go to the beach, etc. Should be able to find a dope place that fits your budget pretty easily too.
April 7, 2008 @ 10:36 AM
Delatocious

Transportation around Kits sucks balls. Other than that, yes, it's money.
April 7, 2008 @ 07:41 PM
auntiespanties

you should probably just stay in ontario. in your small town.
April 7, 2008 @ 08:34 PM
Hyper.

Lurking N0obZ0rz not welcomed.
April 8, 2008 @ 06:37 AM
Rimbauldi

You're being a little to vague. It depends on which area you want to live in and whether it's a convenient location to where you usually commute. If you don't have a car it's better if you relocate to somewhere close to public transit. I don't think it's a good idea to just choose a place for the sole reason that it's close to a pub. You need a pretty big place for 4 guys, and you might have to share rooms in this case.
April 8, 2008 @ 03:19 PM
Hyper.

Agreed. At first, when my friend mentioned getting a 2 bedroom for a few months to make it much cheaper I wouldn't even hear him...but it's sounding like a good idea now. Jut for a few months or whatever. Public transportation is obviously a must, nobody has a car. We just wanna live somewhere that fun can be had pretty easily. We don't know where we're going to work yet, but as long as a skytrain is nearby that shouldn't be a problem. Did I mention we're all skateboarders?
April 8, 2008 @ 05:22 PM
Rimbauldi

If you want a 2 bedroom, you should check out local newspaper ads and craigslist. Find the one that has everything that you need, ie. space, rooms, cable/internet etc. Make a list of the areas they are located in. Then check out the location and see if it has everything you need, ie. public transit, skate parks, pubs, etc.
April 12, 2008 @ 12:06 AM

Inactive

having just done some house hunting earlier last year I can tell you now that four bedroom apartments are very hard to come by - For that many rooms you're pretty much looking at a house, which can go up to four grand in monthly rent depending on where it is. The only ones I know are renovated basement suites. Those are usually done by the owner and leased to college students. Bear in mind most "house" neighborhoods are going to be quite far from public transpo. Gilmore's actually not that bad - You can head up Willingdon to Hastings and it's 15 mins from downtown, both places with plenty of pubs and clubs to hit. You might think about starting there first and work your way down every station along the skytrain. Kitis is alright but quite pricey, and buses don't come by very often.

So yea. Hit up craigslist, see what you find. It's the fastest and best place to look. Bring references. Good luck!
April 12, 2008 @ 12:20 AM
zyezye

search the apartment areas across metrotown, honestly its the center of everything and lots and i mean lots of buses are there, plus the skytrain. and the prices arnt that bad if 4 people are gunna help pay, but finding a pent apartment is hard to come by since they are the only ones with 4 rooms. or even a 2 bedroom. there alotta apartments, and down street of the apartments theres houses.

live in burnaby metro area, everything, and i mean everything is there. right across the street theres the second biggest mall in the country, in the right theres a pub and then library other side there is a skate park, and the community center. and the skytrain is there.
April 22, 2008 @ 06:51 PM
Free Agent

You guys should let me move in with you...I want to go to college in Vancouver and i need a place to stay. I'm clean and I attract females.
April 22, 2008 @ 07:22 PM
Rimbauldi

You guys should let me move in with you...I want to go to college in Vancouver and i need a place to stay. I\'m clean and I attract females.

If you love the rain, come to Vancouver, where it rains 250/365 days a year.

Please login first to reply.