Get an Extra 20% Off Sale Items - Use code: EXTRA20
July 6, 2007 @ 04:05 PM
mickz

few questions..
Mickz, which footlocker do you work at?metro?
how often does the friends and family sale usually show up or is it just a random thing?
How old do you usually have to be to begin working at a footlocker? do they usually only hire people thats a and pass a certain age or does it all depend?
thanks.

Used to work at Metrotown and then I was at Central City for 2 months (only worked two shifts in those two months.) F&F is about every 2.5 months roughly. I don't think Foot Locker has a minimum age requirement, check with the labor laws. At Metrotown before, the only way to get a job was to either be work experience or know somebody. Not the case anymore ever since the new management from PC took over. They hired a shitload of people in the last couple of months because the store's a fucking mess. ALOT of people from the pre-PC takeover are gone. I think there's less than 5 people from last year still there.

There's an assistant manager named Karim and he's just a headache to work with. I don't suggest working at Metrotown FL, go apply at Champs instead.

I have to admit, Foot Locker Metrotown is so fucking corrupt because of Karim. He's the tall, skinny middle eastern bald guy. If he wants to hire you, he'll change answers on your PASS III for you. He never admits he's wrong and will always look for others to blame. If you really want to work at Foot Locker, I suggest you go apply at PC and work with Rob. He actually knows how to run a store. Robson and Lougheed have good managers too. Otherwise, go to Champs.
July 6, 2007 @ 04:24 PM
ThePepperSkull

I've got a question. If I see a pair of sneakers on the footlocker or champs site but it's not available/in stock at the store, could i pay for it through the store and pick it up when it ships there? can they do that?
July 7, 2007 @ 04:39 AM
mickz

I've got a question. If I see a pair of sneakers on the footlocker or champs site but it's not available/in stock at the store, could i pay for it through the store and pick it up when it ships there? can they do that?

Depends if a store nearby has it in stock. You'll need to find out the SKU# for it.
July 30, 2007 @ 01:41 AM
xdemx

whats the starting age?
what the youngest age u can work there?
July 31, 2007 @ 01:34 PM
LoLife

When he be playin Scrabble that nigga gotta figure out how to make a word outta seven Ls

August 1, 2007 @ 11:25 AM
reese

You'd have to ask them if any other store has it in the same area and they would call them and you can either pick it up or they can ship it.
August 1, 2007 @ 11:27 AM
reese

Has anyone ever tried getting a job at Athletes World? Is it harder than Foot Locker? I'm planning to apply for a summer job.

I believe that you have to pass a survey online before you get an interview... my friends tried to get a job there and they had to do that.
August 1, 2007 @ 01:28 PM
nkwu

They used to have the Stock Locater thing. You could get it shipped to any FL at no fee. I know some managers (my dude experienced it) would try and do the whole "yea, we can't get it delivered here, so you gotta UPS it to your home address" because they were lazy asses. To my knowledge the feature has been pulled from FL systems. Guess it wasn't worth it.
August 1, 2007 @ 07:46 PM

Inactive

don't u gotta give them the SKU# for them to find the shoe?
August 8, 2007 @ 02:14 AM
mickz

They used to have the Stock Locater thing. You could get it shipped to any FL at no fee. I know some managers (my dude experienced it) would try and do the whole "yea, we can't get it delivered here, so you gotta UPS it to your home address" because they were lazy asses. To my knowledge the feature has been pulled from FL systems. Guess it wasn't worth it.

Stock Locator is still around. You can't ship to another store. You can only ship to an actual address. Free on orders over $99, $10 charge for anything under.
August 8, 2007 @ 02:16 AM
mickz

don't u gotta give them the SKU# for them to find the shoe?

Yes, a SKU is required in order to do a stock locator search. You can only search in the stores in your province. I keep hearing rumors that you can ship shoes from Toronto to Vancouver, it's not true. There's a limit with regards to how far you can search.
August 8, 2007 @ 09:09 AM
nkwu

Stock Locator is still around. You can't ship to another store. You can only ship to an actual address. Free on orders over $99, $10 charge for anything under.

thanks for clearing that up!
August 14, 2007 @ 11:05 AM
aundraew

well as far as i know you can ship to anywere in canada ! I could never get a job at athletes world no matter how hard I tryed..lol

Please login first to reply.