Get an Extra 20% Off Sale Items - Use code: EXTRA20
June 10, 2006 @ 05:35 AM
singh

i'm flying out on sunday morning and was wondering wheres good to rave it out?

a night-by-night breakdown would be good!

thanks in advance smile
June 10, 2006 @ 06:01 AM

Inactive

i'm flying out on sunday morning and was wondering wheres good to rave it out?

a night-by-night breakdown would be good!

thanks in advance smile

You can never go wrong with Shine. It's at the Y-Junction of Cordova and Water street at Gastown.

Couple other places... Sonar, Atlantis, Plush.

For some good play-by-play on Vancouver nightlife check HERE.
June 10, 2006 @ 11:18 AM
Jolin

even though i cannot go into clubs yet i heard tokyo lounge is good, also they usually have some of best djs in the lower mainland.
June 10, 2006 @ 02:19 PM
ackbar

shine is by far the best club.
tokyo varies night to night. there's saturdays @ the columbia if you're into the hipster/artfag scene.

mondays @ lamplighter for live underground rap.

.....hmmm. just noticed you said "rave" it out. don't think i can help you actually. hahaha
June 10, 2006 @ 02:35 PM
momentum

Tuesdays @ the lotus lounge "Automatic" for dnb.
June 10, 2006 @ 06:08 PM
singh

cheers guys, thanks for the replies!

i think 'rave it out' was the wrong way of putting it! razz

we're looking at hitting some mainstream r'n'b / hip-hop nights with some half decent girls!
June 11, 2006 @ 05:04 PM
MassiveJ

if u like young asian girls head to atlantis
June 11, 2006 @ 06:04 PM
singh

if u like young asian girls head to atlantis

cool, will check it out!

what about south asian girls? where will i find them?

also whats 'down town' like? i heard theres crack-heads everywhere?! confused
June 11, 2006 @ 07:17 PM
mtl

LOL!

Threads like this remind why I'm glad I moved outta Vancouver.. the nightlife is NONE-EXISTANT.

For real.. the nightlife in Vancouver is horrible. There is something seriously wrong with the partyers and club-goers in Vancity. If you've been to Montreal, you'll know exactly what I'm talking about.
June 12, 2006 @ 01:59 AM

Inactive

cool, will check it out!

what about south asian girls? where will i find them?

also whats 'down town' like? i heard theres crack-heads everywhere?! confused

around like gas town and so on there are a few junkies but nuttin serious, cruise up like 1st and hastings and stuff your gonna find junkies galour, and what do u mean by south asian? brown chicks? if your looking for brown chicks there not too hard to find check out plaza
June 12, 2006 @ 02:09 AM

Inactive

LOL!

Threads like this remind why I'm glad I moved outta Vancouver.. the nightlife is NONE-EXISTANT.

For real.. the nightlife in Vancouver is horrible. There is something seriously wrong with the partyers and club-goers in Vancity. If you've been to Montreal, you'll know exactly what I'm talking about.

yea never been to montreal but i here theres lots of gay clubs, nevertheless the night life is what you make it, granted theres a lot of drama but overall its not bad theres tons of hot girls in the 604 so you cant complain, i havent been allover the world or even all over canada for that matter but where i have been theres nowhere like the lower mainland, theres beaches, lakes, mountains, shopping, girls and such great diversity,
June 12, 2006 @ 06:39 AM
singh

...theres tons of hot girls in the 604...

wheres the 604?

im staying in the canada place area, is it any where near there?
June 12, 2006 @ 01:18 PM

Inactive

604 is just the area code for the area, and if your staying downtown your going to be fairly close to everything
June 14, 2006 @ 11:59 AM
singh

whats good on a wednesday night?
September 30, 2007 @ 09:05 PM
-kT

bump!

new thing going on at Sonar, called Envy. sure most of you guys have heard about it, if you havnt check it out on Facebook. themed parties that go down once every 2ish weeks.

checkout iloveenvy.com

say what you want about me giving this advice, but if you need proof ive been to it, ill gladly supply you with vids and shittttttt
September 30, 2007 @ 09:42 PM
Delatocious

LOL!

And on the contrary, threads like this remind me why I'm so pissed I have to leave Montreal for Vancouver in December. I swear to god when I'm in Vancouver, I'll go to a club once a month (Bourbon doesn't count). Montreal, it seems like I'm out every night. People in Vancouver have a chip on their shoulder.. they don't know how to party, they just know how to get coked up and try to pick fights.
September 30, 2007 @ 10:16 PM
-kT

And on the contrary, threads like this remind me why I'm so pissed I have to leave Montreal for Vancouver in December. I swear to god when I'm in Vancouver, I'll go to a club once a month (Bourbon doesn't count). Montreal, it seems like I'm out every night. People in Vancouver have a chip on their shoulder.. they don't know how to party, they just know how to get coked up and try to pick fights.

This doesn't sound like vancouver CLUBS to me, this sounds more like vancouver BARS. or maybe it's just the clubs you're going to? where do you frequent?

I go to 686, Sonar and Atlantis. and nobody ever gets coked up. the only reason a fight ever breaks out is when people get drunk. but most of them pass out anyway
September 30, 2007 @ 10:27 PM
CLOT.CRAP

This doesn't sound like vancouver CLUBS to me, this sounds more like vancouver BARS. or maybe it's just the clubs you're going to? where do you frequent?

I go to Estea, spring tea, GO GO Tea. and nobody ever gets coked up. the only reason a fight ever breaks out is when people get drunk. but most of them pass out anyway

REQUoted.

silly KT, of course you can't see people doing coke outside the clubs.. you actually have to go IN to people hitting it up
September 30, 2007 @ 10:40 PM

Inactive

REQUoted.

silly KT, of course you can't see people doing coke outside the clubs.. you actually have to go IN to people hitting it up

It's funny CLOT, you seem to know the specific name and spelling of these places. It seems to me you that you frequent these places alot.

Hey Singh on Wednesday nights is usually when the UBC crowd heads downtown to party. So if your down for the frat type clubbing, and oung first year girls then head to Caprice. It seems like that's the only places I ever hit on wednesdays. However, Republic (accross the street from Caprice) seems super dope. I've been in there a few times, but they never seem to be packed.
September 30, 2007 @ 10:42 PM
-kT

REQUoted.

If you actually mattered, i'd post a comeback. but you don't mean shit, so arguing with you would be like arguing with a bum who's last meal was a dead mouse. actually, arguing with you wouldnt just be LIKE arguing with a bum, it would actually be..arguing with a bum

so..

October 1, 2007 @ 12:19 AM
ackbar

- cocaine exists at every nightclub everywhere
- violence exists at every nightclub everywhere
- theres been multiple fatal shootings outside, next door, etc those places mentioned
October 1, 2007 @ 01:10 AM
KEMP

Everybody. PLEASE STOP THE BICKERING.

this will be the last warning i will be handing out infractions
October 1, 2007 @ 08:11 PM
Delatocious

KT.. just come to Montreal and you'll understand 100% what I'm talking about.

But whatever, as long as My.Gay.Husband is spinnin' Thursday nights at Boubon ($4 doubles for the motherfucking win!), I'm content.
October 1, 2007 @ 11:26 PM
Ry'on

KT is 12 i thought? how does he go in clubs?
October 2, 2007 @ 06:23 AM
shyt

kt.. man......... the boucers are not BLIND they can tell FROM Heights and face...............................................
October 2, 2007 @ 10:41 AM
-kT

KT is 12 i thought? how does he go in clubs?

uh...yeah

kt.. man......... the boucers are not BLIND they can tell FROM Heights and face...............................................

its called connections, buddy...

ill gladly send pics, but I dont feel i need to prove myself to some of you. but if youre a homie and just want pics for the fuck of it, send a pm my way

otherwise, keep hating
October 3, 2007 @ 01:10 AM
ackbar

whoop! whoop!

heres a halloween party im throwing at the end of the month..
were (the party killahs) also working on a new weekly coming soon....

Go Dumb! Presents a Party Killahs & Street Knowledge Celebration...
Crank That Haloween (Now Watch Me BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!)

Friday, October 26, 2007 - 10:00PM to 2:00AM
The Waldorf - 1489 E Hastings St
$5.00 Cover
The Party Killahs: Moves / Rhek / The Stunt Man / Rico Uno

Half-Man/Half-An-Asian & The Wigga Ya Love To Hate present the most fun you have ever had in your life ever.

Get yer costumes ready and be prepared to twerk it to the finest in rap, reggae, r&b, hyphy, dancehall, new jack swing and the like, provided by the Party Killahs.

We provide: an intimate "haunted" East Van location, compelling & likeable hosts and DJs, hyphyness-ability, cheap beverages.

You provide: sexiness, unbridled enthusiasm, irony, cabfare.

This is the long anticipated return of Go Dumb!: the now legendary club night that provided a revolution in cheap intoxication not seen since eating raw nutmeg and doing heroin in Pigeon Park.

Featuring:
- Arousing Party Music
- Exhilarating Costumes
- Delicious Alcohol
- Tantalizing Dance Numbers
- People Wearing Flamboyant "Streetwear" Because They're "Too Cool" To Dress Up
- Possible Special Guests & Suprises

Crank That Halloween luh da kids!!!

www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=17968039456
October 3, 2007 @ 01:48 AM
RaymondChiu

i miss the go dumb days
October 3, 2007 @ 02:56 PM
ackbar

i feel you.. we needed out of the columbia tho
you'll hear when we finally get our new weekly thing on the go..

come check out the halloween party in the mean time tho. shit is going to be serious
October 4, 2007 @ 03:50 AM
YOYOYO

next envy on the 19th whos going ?

Please login first to reply.