February 6, 2008 @ 08:50 PM
easy_as_123

2nd vancouver livestock location

1079 west 4th!!!

deadstock.ca/blog2/?p=33
February 6, 2008 @ 09:36 PM
Delatocious

Cool. I'm still a 10 second walk from the current Livestock so this does nothing for me. Hopefully the Richmond sheep go to the W4th location from now on as it's closer.
February 6, 2008 @ 09:52 PM
Ep23

Will this shop carry Jordans and will it have a tier0 account.
I never been to Livestock but I have heard it is a pretty good shop,i'm going to go to this shop because downtown eastside is a ghetto,but I'm not even from Vancouver.
February 7, 2008 @ 01:53 AM
RoseSippa

Will this shop carry Jordans and will it have a tier0 account.
I never been to Livestock but I have heard it is a pretty good shop,i'm going to go to this shop because downtown eastside is a ghetto,but I'm not even from Vancouver.

the downtown one isnt in that bad of a spot. I mean its a few blocks from pigeon park but its on the edge of gastown.
February 7, 2008 @ 02:41 AM
renners

yo im a little curious as to why this is happening.

i mean expanding and moving forward is dope of course... but west 4th?
February 7, 2008 @ 03:35 AM
D-Lish

^ i see it as a business opportunity for them.

opens up a brand new customer base for them
February 7, 2008 @ 04:27 AM
RoseSippa

yo im a little curious as to why this is happening.

i mean expanding and moving forward is dope of course... but west 4th?

3 blocks from my house! dope.
February 7, 2008 @ 01:28 PM
HEIST.

rose you lucky prick..sad
February 7, 2008 @ 01:42 PM
ackbar

i'm going to go to this shop because downtown eastside is a ghetto,but I'm not even from Vancouver.

(afraid of the) street(s)wear
February 7, 2008 @ 02:09 PM
Hyper.

I think it's kind of dumb really... it's like putting it in a mall almost. Now every snowboard kid is gonna be rocking that shit, cause anyone that walks by is gonna go in. As opposed to the Gastown location, where you only go if you know.

So...um...what does Canada have for boutiques now???????
February 7, 2008 @ 04:36 PM
Delatocious

Everyone in Vancouver knows about Livestock. It's not a secret anymore.. putting another location no W4th is a really good idea.
February 7, 2008 @ 05:45 PM
RoseSippa

rose you lucky prick..sad

haha yea mang. cant wait for it to open up.
February 7, 2008 @ 05:57 PM
skelea

Everyone in Vancouver knows about Livestock. It's not a secret anymore.. putting another location no W4th is a really good idea.

Agreed completely. I don't get how ppl complain about it (ohhhh noooooosss....it's not going to be super-mega-exclusive anymore!!!!)

The whole sneaker/streetwear industry has evolved to a point where Livestock is able to open a location on 4th (likewise for the Goodfoot expansion in Toronto). 3-4 years ago, I don't think it would have been feasible.
February 7, 2008 @ 06:28 PM
Hyper.

and that's kinda the way people liked it...
February 7, 2008 @ 07:10 PM
skelea

and that's kinda the way people liked it...

But why should it matter where Livestock or Goodfoot are located? LS could open a store in Pacific Centre for all I care, it wouldn't prevent me from shopping there. If I like something, I'm going to buy it.

Maybe I'm just too old and I don't "get" it. The way I see it, Garry and Matt have put in plenty of work, and they deserve to enjoy the fruits of their labour. I had the pleasure of getting to know some of the gentlemen behind LS while I was living in Vancouver, and I enjoy seeing them attain a greater level of success.

To me, there is a certain sense of pride in seeing a store or brand that I have supported for a long time get "big".
February 7, 2008 @ 11:01 PM
Hyper.

I totally understand where you're coming from.

"big" to me would be opening in other cities. not opening multiple shops in the same city. you keep the same profit margin (theoretically) but you keep the shop low key.

I'm not as against this as I am the G' opening up 2 new shops in Toronto. And really the only thing that bugs me about this LS shop is the location. West 4th? Every brodude in the world is gonna stop in there.
February 8, 2008 @ 12:10 AM

Inactive

"big" to me would be opening in other cities. not opening multiple shops in the same city. you keep the same profit margin (theoretically) but you keep the shop low key.

I'm not as against this as I am the G' opening up 2 new shops in Toronto. And really the only thing that bugs me about this LS shop is the location. West 4th? Every brodude in the world is gonna stop in there.

Yeah the location just bugs me. It's next to Boardroom, and westbeach and comor, and pacific boarder. Every single kid and their moms are gonna be going in there. It's gona make livestock a shit load of money, but it's gonna be watering out the brand. I got no problems with them being on 4th, but i say they do what headquarters does. I mean headquarters is on burrard and davie, one of the most recognizable crosssections in Vancouver. However every time i walk in there i feel like i'm still not in a mainstream store. However it's gonna feel weird now after going into westbeach and then walking straight into livestock.
February 8, 2008 @ 04:02 AM
nickcosulich

I think the location is pretty decent. Keep in mind before Livestock there was board kennel. Moving to a location like 4th allows them to be a little closer to the "boarder crowd" they used to be surrounded by. Dont get me wrong, people that skate go to gastown, but this is a more prime location for that sort of market. Who knows, if the space is big enough maybe they will sell some skate hardware, and make the space more like a Huf store.

Besides, the only thing that LS really carries shoe wise that isnt already on 4th would be the better accounts of Nike shoes and the non skate adidas. Alife, Etnies plus, puma, and reebok stuff is at gravity pope already (granted a smaller selection). And clothing wise, the only new stuff brought to that strip is BBC (who cares), The hundreds (a "skate" brand now), and the occasional bit of UNDFTD.

Overall to me its a good spot, and they will make a killing.
February 8, 2008 @ 08:42 AM
NAH.B

Real Talk...

WHO CARES????

thats great there opening another store..much sucess to them.. end of post..move on..
February 8, 2008 @ 10:20 AM
Delatocious

lol you guys are such fags and would fail miserably if you ever started your own business. brodudes? this isnt yaletown we're talking about, it's fucking w4th.
February 8, 2008 @ 01:21 PM
ackbar

And clothing wise, the only new stuff brought to that strip is BBC (who cares), The hundreds (a "skate" brand now), and the occasional bit of UNDFTD.

rockersnyc, acapulco gold, reigning champ, futura labs, haze are all already available in what stores?

the expansion is a cool either way
February 8, 2008 @ 01:37 PM
Ep23

the downtown one isnt in that bad of a spot. I mean its a few blocks from pigeon park but its on the edge of gastown.

Yeah I've never been to Livestock, I've only been to Goodfoot on Powell so I assumed that because Abbott is not far from Powell it was just as bad.
February 8, 2008 @ 01:40 PM
Ep23

(afraid of the) street(s)wear

Yeah I'm almost 14 years old and five foot eight so I'm a little afraid to walk in the poorest neighborhood in Canada.
February 8, 2008 @ 02:46 PM
ackbar

Yeah I'm almost 14 years old and five foot eight so I'm a little afraid to walk in the poorest neighborhood in Canada.

[SIZE="5"]"AIN'T NO SUCH THINGS AS HALFWAY CROOKS...."[/SIZE]
February 8, 2008 @ 03:15 PM
bigbroccoli

I think it's funny that people are hating on the location choice. For those of you that don't know, this is the same spot where Twenty4 used to be before they moved to Yaletown, and they were pretty much the OG streetwear shop in Vancouver. Nobody hated on them because they were located next to a bunch of snowboard shops...

just my 2 cents
February 8, 2008 @ 05:04 PM
Ep23

What is ain't no such thing as halfway crooks supposed to mean.
February 8, 2008 @ 05:11 PM
renners

What is ain't no such thing as halfway crooks supposed to mean.

kill yourself
February 9, 2008 @ 10:23 AM
nickcosulich

rockersnyc, acapulco gold, reigning champ, futura labs, haze are all already available in what stores?

the expansion is a cool either way

Yeah I didnt really think through the rest of the clothing lines they sell. Its been a long week. In my opinion tho RockersNYC, Acapulca Gold, Futura Labs, and Haze stuff will never really become "played out" if they sell it on 4th. Some of that hardly even moves off the shelf in gastown. Reigning champ could be sold anywhere, to me its just high quality blank apparel. I would have no problem with someone wearing it. I actually dont care who wears what anyway.

Im guessing shoe wise 4th will focus more on the dunks, blazers, maxes, the more simple adidas stuff (ex no $500 undftd pack), etnies plus, dvs luxe, etc, and leave the Jordans, AF1, and other more limited stuff in gastown.

This is all speculation, but it will be cool to see the finished store when its ready. Its really cool to think that Van is now at that point where it can support multiple shops like this.
February 9, 2008 @ 02:47 PM
Ep23

kill yourself

What is that supposed to mean, you guys make some really stupid comments.
February 9, 2008 @ 03:34 PM
darkness2505

lol

Please login first to reply.