Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
January 4, 2008 @ 10:54 AM
Zero_Regret

I've been to the NYC flagship store and they have a big selection. Uncleotis just has a small selection so it prob won't hurt their sales too much since they carry more brands.
January 4, 2008 @ 11:34 AM
DrewDogg

it's obvious the staple brand in uncle otis has been stussy for quite some time now, it'll effect their sales without a doubt. regardless of what other brands they carry.
January 5, 2008 @ 01:58 PM
Hyper.

well how about the other 2 places its readily available already in vancouver?

im curious as to why people need a flagship to buy things?
January 5, 2008 @ 02:06 PM
SprNtrl

Well, this is a bit different seeing as how Stussy is UO's cash cow.
January 5, 2008 @ 02:09 PM
Hyper.

no im addressing the people in vancouver saying we need one...

like, we don't. and either does toronto really. i mean what's to be excited about really other than probably a cool new retail space and a dope installation? stussy is easily available in toronto. i just don't get the appeal.

supreme in vancouver however would have been cool if they went through with it.
January 5, 2008 @ 03:53 PM
SprNtrl

no im addressing the people in vancouver saying we need one...

like, we don't. and either does toronto really. i mean what's to be excited about really other than probably a cool new retail space and a dope installation? stussy is easily available in toronto. i just don't get the appeal.

supreme in vancouver however would have been cool if they went through with it.
Oh okay, gotchya. It's good that Toronto / Canada is getting some recognition though. Can't complain about that.
January 5, 2008 @ 04:02 PM
Pankeo

STUSSY!!!
January 5, 2008 @ 04:16 PM
Hyper.

yeah it is good to see some recognition for sure. definately been getting slept on for a while. although, here in vancouver, flagships would probably be a tough thing to accomplish. take alife for example, i don't know exactly why we have one, let alone 1 of 3 out there... i never see anybody rocking alife but maybe that's because the shit they are putting on their tees and crews is straight garbage and the quality is horrendous. (don't come at me... "yall all cant ball", "as high as alife get", shits not even making sense at this point). I don't even really know how they pay their rent. Also, here, all our shops are in Gastown, this scummy place where nobody really goes except for tourism purposes and for yuppy apartments. A stussy flagship would probably only work on Robson, but then, you got the totally wrong crowd shopping in that bitch. I just can't see a Stussy flagship popping off here, but maybe I'm severely underestimating the Asian Invasion. It's strange because we have like, 2 stores really, if you exclude Subdivision because they cater to a way different demo, and it seems like we have everything we need. Livestock has your Hundreds, BBC, Mishka, Stussy, all that noise, and Goodfoot has a dope in house brand and some more grown shit as of right now. As I said earlier, the only thing I could really see popping off would be Supreme, but then again 90% of it would be for reselling. Apart from me and Ritchie formerly from Goodfoot, I haven't seen anybody wearing Supreme here.

And I don't even like Supreme really.
January 5, 2008 @ 08:11 PM
ackbar

hyperstryker = dweeb

i don't even want to waste time responding to the ridiculous shit he types..

and i assume all of you kids crying about your "exclusive" stussy wears are 16 years old? cause it really wasn't that long ago that stussy was as popular & commonplace as say quiksilver or billabong.
January 5, 2008 @ 09:34 PM
frankie123

to me it doesnt really matter... i will still check out the stussy store but if uncle otis got the same stuff i will go to uncle otis since guys there are so much nicer....
January 5, 2008 @ 10:39 PM
AysiX

^^
so much nicer than the employees at the stussy store that doesn't exist yet

awesome.

hahahahahaha

ummm yeah stussy is and has been humongous. it had the popularity of quiksilver in the mid 90's and still bears that same level of universal appeal in my opinion but with way nicer designs.

they are also the only brand in our "industry" that has retained their integrity and remained relevant for almost 3 decades. that's incredible. more than I can say for nike or adidas or ANY clothing line except maybe polo, and even then WE made polo relevant. they just kept doing what they did.

this is huge for our country. it might take some time for people to realize but this is putting canada on the map, and it's only step 1.
January 5, 2008 @ 11:03 PM
nkwu

AysiX

listen to this man.
January 5, 2008 @ 11:12 PM
ThePepperSkull

im curious as to why people need a flagship to buy things?

For me it'd be probably to find things I'd want in an XXL. Whenever I go to the places here where they stock stussy, they usually only have XL of anything I want.

I do agree though, for anyone whose any size smaller, I don't really see a use for a flagship store here.

PS. has anyone heard anything about the BBC store opening up in vancouver? are those rumors true?
January 5, 2008 @ 11:37 PM
soulize

Some of ya'll are retarded reading what you wrote. This thread proves a few things:

1) Ya'll don't know anything about the history of Stussy.
2) You would all fail miserably as business men.
3) I'll laugh in your face if I ever see you lining up or buying anything at the Stussy store when it opens.

Business and brand expansion isn't always about necessity, it's about taking risks, doing things different and expanding. How is this not a good look for all the parties involved? Stussy, Matt George and Toronto shoppers all win, the hell is wrong with all of you?
January 6, 2008 @ 12:05 AM
SprNtrl

Some of ya'll are retarded reading what you wrote. This thread proves a few things:

1) Ya'll don't know anything about the history of Stussy.
2) You would all fail miserably as business men.
3) I'll laugh in your face if I ever see you lining up or buying anything at the Stussy store when it opens.

Business and brand expansion isn't always about necessity, it's about taking risks, doing things different and expanding. How is this not a good look for all the parties involved? Stussy, Matt George and Toronto shoppers all win, the hell is wrong with all of you?
No doubt this is a good look for Toronto, and it will benefit Matt, and Stussy. It will also please Toronto shoppers. It's not rocket science that a Stussy flagship will not only let the brand be more available to the public, but it will create competition which will drive prices down (theoretically). I'm all for competition as long as it benefits the consumer, but when it has the possibility of putting a long standing shop into possible financial hardship it doesn't seem so glamourous.

We'll just have to sit back and see what happens.
January 6, 2008 @ 12:27 AM
soulize

You think Uncle Otis is going to go out of business because of this?

They've survived while Vice, Ransom, Livestock, etc., have all carried Stussy.

They carry other brands. Stussy is one rack/shelf out of like eight in their store.

The markup on Stussy isn't as much as other brands they carry like W+H, Idiom, Maharishi, Reigning Champ, etc.

They have their own loyal customers who will continue to support them.

They have their own demographic and Yorkville buying power to support them.

The market is big enough as long as shoppers keep shopping.

If anything, this'll keep them on their toes and maybe continue to bring in other stuff Toronto hasn't seen yet like they've always done.

They'll be fine.
January 6, 2008 @ 01:00 AM
Hyper.

hyperstryker = dweeb

i don't even want to waste time responding to the ridiculous shit he types..

and i assume all of you kids crying about your "exclusive" stussy wears are 16 years old? cause it really wasn't that long ago that stussy was as popular & commonplace as say quiksilver or billabong.

you wanna expand on that?

all i'm saying is i dont see the need for a stussy flagship, not that it shouldn't happen or it won't be succesful.

but really, waste some time and respond to the ridiculous shit i type. would you like to comment on the current state of shopping in vancouver? or was it my alife statement that made you mad?

homes nothing i wrote was ridiculous.
January 6, 2008 @ 01:38 AM
clou

and grr at burnett... in richmond that school as population of like 98% Asian kids and they all wear stussy

All the kids I know at Burnett wear AE/AF/Lacoste etc. I used to go there and I can't remember anyone there wearing Stussy.

If a Stussy store ever opened in Van, I don't think I'd ever shop there unless they had sales. I was recently in the Stussy store in Hawaii and every piece they had was marked up higher than any other store in the city. It was more of a show room than anything. Stussy is in every mall now, so I don't understand why people are complaining. I'll keep buying their products as long as they put out pieces I like, no matter how "exclusive" their clothes are.
January 6, 2008 @ 02:27 AM
ackbar

you wanna expand on that?

all i'm saying is i dont see the need for a stussy flagship, not that it shouldn't happen or it won't be succesful.

but really, waste some time and respond to the ridiculous shit i type. would you like to comment on the current state of shopping in vancouver? or was it my alife statement that made you mad?

homes nothing i wrote was ridiculous.

you tried to breakdown a city you don't know much about..
the reason you don't see anyone sporting alife & supreme is because you obviously don't hangout in the circles that wear streetwear. do you live in kitsilano?
January 6, 2008 @ 02:33 AM
oinkoinkpig

yeah it is good to see some recognition for sure. definately been getting slept on for a while. although, here in vancouver, flagships would probably be a tough thing to accomplish. take alife for example, i don't know exactly why we have one, let alone 1 of 3 out there... i never see anybody rocking alife but maybe that's because the shit they are putting on their tees and crews is straight garbage and the quality is horrendous. (don't come at me... "yall all cant ball", "as high as alife get", shits not even making sense at this point). I don't even really know how they pay their rent. Also, here, all our shops are in Gastown, this scummy place where nobody really goes except for tourism purposes and for yuppy apartments. A stussy flagship would probably only work on Robson, but then, you got the totally wrong crowd shopping in that bitch. I just can't see a Stussy flagship popping off here, but maybe I'm severely underestimating the Asian Invasion. It's strange because we have like, 2 stores really, if you exclude Subdivision because they cater to a way different demo, and it seems like we have everything we need. Livestock has your Hundreds, BBC, Mishka, Stussy, all that noise, and Goodfoot has a dope in house brand and some more grown shit as of right now. As I said earlier, the only thing I could really see popping off would be Supreme, but then again 90% of it would be for reselling. Apart from me and Ritchie formerly from Goodfoot, I haven't seen anybody wearing Supreme here.

And I don't even like Supreme really.

i am chinese , i feel offended , jokkkesss. You freaking read my mind, word for word, exactly what i god dam thought
January 6, 2008 @ 02:42 AM
SprNtrl

You think Uncle Otis is going to go out of business because of this?

They've survived while Vice, Ransom, Livestock, etc., have all carried Stussy.

They carry other brands. Stussy is one rack/shelf out of like eight in their store.

The markup on Stussy isn't as much as other brands they carry like W+H, Idiom, Maharishi, Reigning Champ, etc.

They have their own loyal customers who will continue to support them.

They have their own demographic and Yorkville buying power to support them.

The market is big enough as long as shoppers keep shopping.

If anything, this'll keep them on their toes and maybe continue to bring in other stuff Toronto hasn't seen yet like they've always done.

They'll be fine.

Never said out of business explicitly. Sure, they have survived even with other stores carrying the brand, but this is a little different. The flagship will carry the whole Stussy line which none of the stores you have mentioned do. To the average consumer, why the hell would you go to UO if you can head to the flagship? Stussy consumes at least 35% of UO's retail space from what I've seen everytime I've been there. The markup may not be high, but what about volume?

Customer loyalty is hard to measure at best.

We'll see.
January 6, 2008 @ 05:52 AM
PaRappa

You can hardly walk two blocks in Vancouver without coming across a Stussy account.

Before the nit pickin' msg board police jump all over me, yes I was exagerrating, but not by much. With the possible exception of the point about size XXL items, there is really no burning need for a Stussy store in Vancouver. Your experience will not improve that much.

Flagship store or not, Stussy has been, is and will be for a long time.

Which reminds me of one of my fondest recent memories - I went to the Stussy 25th anniversary party at FabricLIVE @ Fabric in London a few years back featuring DJ Premiere, Scratch Perverts, Terry Farley, Tom Middleton and a bunch of others and it was OFF THE m/f HOOK! smile
January 6, 2008 @ 02:35 PM
Hyper.

you tried to breakdown a city you don't know much about..
the reason you don't see anyone sporting alife & supreme is because you obviously don't hangout in the circles that wear streetwear. do you live in kitsilano?

No I don't live in Kits...

And you're right, I don't hang out in circles of people who wear streetwear. I wouldn't want to, you've seen how corny that can look. And you're also right that I don't know much about this city. What I'm saying is that, when I'm walking around downtown or just in the city or whatever, I always see people rocking the hypebeast uniform. But I never see anyone wearing Supreme or Alife. I was pointing out that I think it says something when I see a million kids wearing Stussy, The Hundreds, Mishka, BBC, Bape (Fape), but never the aforementioned brands.

We got real off topic considering this thread is about a Toronto flagship opening up... but I was just addressing the people who are saying Vancouver should get one. I don't think I'm far off by saying we don't need one, and I think that's probably the reason we won't be getting one. Like the guy who agreed with me and the other guy, Stussy is everywhere here.

If there's one thing about this city that I can break down from experience, it would be the streetwear scene. I shop like everybody else a few times a week and I regularly have my neck broken as well. It's alive and well. The only thing I don't like is when I see people rocking a tee that they probably don't even like, just wearing it because of the brand on the tag. I would never do that.

Ackbar I thought you were from the States, no?
January 6, 2008 @ 03:27 PM

Inactive

Bottom line, getting stussy gear at UO is like going to the dentist for me. Markup is rediculous on some of their sweaters compared to ransom.
Stussy flagship store is a good thing all around, cant nobody complain.
January 6, 2008 @ 03:28 PM
ackbar

lol @ corny
i didn't mean some after school club where pre-teens meet up & talk about their new limited edition "heat" and the downfall of allover prints..

the people you'll see wearing supreme or alife are skateboarders, djs, graffiti writers, artists, etc. shocking!
January 6, 2008 @ 03:31 PM
ahhhrt

lol @ corny
i didn't mean some after school club where pre-teens meet up & talk about their new limited edition "heat" and the downfall of allover prints..

the people you'll see wearing supreme or alife are skateboarders, djs, graffiti writers, artists, etc. shocking!

You mean the people who don't make their parents buy them everything? smile

Can't wait for the shop to open up. Not sure if I'll buy much, but it's nice to look at stuff, they're hats are almost always heat.
January 6, 2008 @ 03:47 PM
Hyper.

ackbar...you got this dumb cocky attitude man.

opinions are opinions...remember we were discussing whether or not vancouver could handle a stussy flagship, or more importantly, if there is even a need for one. i think the general concensus is no, and i'm sorry i obviously offended you when i dissed alife. just my opinion homie.
January 6, 2008 @ 03:48 PM
soulize

As cool as Uncle Otis is and great they've been to the market, you have to realize where they are located...when I bought the Reigning Champ peacoat and asked why it was 30 dollars more retail, my dude J who was working and made the sale for me simply said it "Yorkville markup." 40% off I can't complain though.
February 19, 2008 @ 04:39 PM
urgay

When is Stussy opening?
February 19, 2008 @ 05:25 PM
FreshAddict

so is it going to be at spadina and queen w? (i think thats where goodfoot is...:S)

Please login first to reply.